BENCH VANDER WAAL!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Dankohner
Buckaroo

Vander Waal is pure garbage! WTF was Bohl thinking putting him in with 2:00 to go. Three dropped passes that should never been thrown and then another dropped pass that should have been caught! Bench him immediately!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Well...Vanderwall is an extension of Vigen... Vigen is an extension of Bohl... Bohl is an extension of Burman. Burman flat out said this style of football wouldn’t work than he flipped. He is dumb.

Fire Burman over benching TVW ( but also bench TV chambers looked good).
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I don’t think anyone needs fired and anyone saying so is being too emotional. The think the New Mexico st game gave the staff too much confidence in TVW and they were late to recognize it’s not there, especially considering they really wanted to redshirt Chambers. Did they stick with TVW too long? Yes. Should we fire a coach after back to back bowl wins and then misjudging their QB? No
W-Y, Until I Die!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:06 pm I don’t think anyone needs fired and anyone saying so is being too emotional. The think the New Mexico st game gave the staff too much confidence in TVW and they were late to recognize it’s not there, especially considering they really wanted to redshirt Chambers. Did they stick with TVW too long? Yes. Should we fire a coach after back to back bowl wins and then misjudging their QB? No
Back to back bowl games not wins. We lost 4 of the final 5 games including the bowl game 2 years ago. My reasoning for firing bohl and the offensive staff is because he is locked at the hip with Vigen. He has stayed with an inept offensive coaching staff for 5 years, refused to make changes nor step in, makes bad in game decisions or allows Vigen to make bad in game decisions, has totally wiffed on offensive recruiting and development on 90 percent of the offensive players and we are now in year 5 of his system so he can't put the blame on Christensen anymore.

If Bohl wont step in and make the changes needed, he needs to go
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

I wouldn't burn Chambers' redshirt for this season. Sit him 1 more game then start last 3.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:42 pm I wouldn't burn Chambers' redshirt for this season. Sit him 1 more game then start last 3.
Agree it's not worth it at this point in the season. Play him in 3 more games, but don't burn the redshirt
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:43 pm
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:42 pm I wouldn't burn Chambers' redshirt for this season. Sit him 1 more game then start last 3.
Agree it's not worth it at this point in the season. Play him in 3 more games, but don't burn the redshirt
I would start him in the next 3, and sit him if we lose any of those. I think he actually gave the defense a spark because we were moving the ball.

I could see us beating the Rams now, for the first time in five weeks. At least give us that much!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

Dankohner wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:46 pm Vander Waal is pure garbage! WTF was Bohl thinking putting him in with 2:00 to go. Three dropped passes that should never been thrown and then another dropped pass that should have been caught! Bench him immediately!
What are you talking about? The first pass was thrown directly to a USU lineman. And the 2 other passes were thrown so far behind the receiver that they were uncatchable - especially the 4th down pass to Conway. And calling a college kid pure garbage is pathetic. We don't need fans like you.
CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand

Trash anyone?
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Sit Chambers for the SJSU game. We can win that one without him, I'm mildly confident.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

By the way... the way he faked that pitch... that was 100% confidence right there. I'm sold on him. Still not sure why on earth we haven't seen him earlier if he can run like that. Evans would've had another 200 yards so far this season easily when they don't know for sure he's carrying the ball.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

I agree. Chambers needs to be playing. I like the idea of sitting him for SJSU to keep the redshirt.

The thing I'm worried about is today Utah St had no idea Chambers would play and therefore hadn't prepared for a running threat from the qb. Hopefully after teams start preparing for Chambers it will still be effective, because we all know that if it isn't Vigen can't adjust.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I want Nick Smith, why not try even more goofy poop while we're at it, smh, pathetic
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:40 pm I want Nick Smith, why not try even more goofy poop while we're at it, smh, pathetic
Remember how he throws the ball?

You don't want him in there.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Chambers played decent but it wasn't anything special.....it threw off USU a little bit but it wasn't like he took us on long drives and scored touchdowns. We moved the ball a little more which felt good and he had a nice throw for 47 yards. Other than that it was more of the same having drives that end in nothing or a FG. I don't really count our long run as a drive...just a big play.....

I'm all for Chambers taking over at some point but he's going to need some reps....this QB run stuff won't last....TVW has been disappointing.....its not youth....he doesn't have the ability to pass the ball effectively.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

It was weird how Bohl protected Chambers, as if he's a liability throwing the ball. Could have fooled me, he looks no worse than Tyler throwing the ball.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

J-Rod wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:22 pm It was weird how Bohl protected Chambers, as if he's a liability throwing the ball. Could have fooled me, he looks no worse than Tyler throwing the ball.
He showed more touch, that’s for sure. I think they were too confident about TVW and Smith and didn’t get Sean all that involved? I’m not sure how much reps the 3rd string gets Maybe Sean doesn’t know many passing plays?

And Sean led us on multiple drives. He had more sustained drives in one half than the last few games. How many false start penalties did we have that hurt? On the 3 no less.
W-Y, Until I Die!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Brown and Gold wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:19 pm Chambers played decent but it wasn't anything special.....it threw off USU a little bit but it wasn't like he took us on long drives and scored touchdowns. We moved the ball a little more which felt good and he had a nice throw for 47 yards. Other than that it was more of the same having drives that end in nothing or a FG. I don't really count our long run as a drive...just a big play.....

I'm all for Chambers taking over at some point but he's going to need some reps....this QB run stuff won't last....TVW has been disappointing.....its not youth....he doesn't have the ability to pass the ball effectively.
No it wasn't an all-american performance, but he definitely changed the game He accounted for 162 yards and 13 pts vs 32yds and 3 pts (only because the D gave them the ball at the 13) for TVW in basically equal playing time... huge difference there. He did take us on some nice long drives that gave the D much needed rest. Every drive he was in for ended in points except the fumble in the first half, and he was a false start away from getting us to within 3 or 4 points.

Will he be able to do that going against a team that can prepare for a week? Who knows, but it's sure worth trying at this point. There is no way it can get worse.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

It's been proven at this point that the only way this offensive system works is with a QB that is a threat to run. It keeps the D somewhat honest and should open up more of the passing game.

Chambers gives us the best shot to win a few and potentially get us to 6-6. I feel much better about possibly keeping the Boot with SC at the helm.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Chambers had more passing yards than Love. Love had 12 completions, 53 yards, and an average of 1.9 yards per completion. Chambers was 3/5 for 62 yards and 12.4 yards per completion. :P