Perfect storm

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

So many threads with the same ideas:
Fire Vigen
Fire Bohl
Recruit better
Drop to FCS

Please read Kansas Cowboy’s post under Recruiting to Wyoming. I think he hit the nail on the thumb as to how we got to our current state of affairs. If I am reading him right we have hit the perfect storm in early departures. If the players wouldn’t have left early player development would be at a better stage. We are having to start guys who weren’t quite ready. Although I also have to agree that some of our WRs are not living up to expectations
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

We can’t afford to have guys leave early, especially at key positions like qb and rb. We could have a qb ready that seemed like a decent prospect but he decided he liked Oklahoma better.

Is the qb for Utah st lighting it up the one that stunk it up the last few years or did they find someone else?

It’s true that TVW isn’t lighting it up but Jesus he’s a redshirt freshman. There’s not too many programs that can start a rs freshmen and be super successful.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I think that is another reason to not run the the style of offense we are running. Under DC a qb and running back left early and were able to be replaced, and in the case of the qb they were both plugged in as true freshmen ( with good success). The transfer problem is going to be compounded with the new rs rule.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:33 pm We can’t afford to have guys leave early, especially at key positions like qb and rb. We could have a qb ready that seemed like a decent prospect but he decided he liked Oklahoma better.

Is the qb for Utah st lighting it up the one that stunk it up the last few years or did they find someone else?

It’s true that TVW isn’t lighting it up but Jesus he’s a redshirt freshman. There’s not too many programs that can start a rs freshmen and be super successful.
I would expect more out of a RSFr than what we are seeing now. We keep being told that we are working to open the playbook. What did TVW do his entire redshirt year if he wasn't learning the offense. A RSFr, with a year under his belt in the system, should be able to run this offense with a bit more efficiency than what we are seeing.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Perfect storm 4 out of 5 years on offense :cool:
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

You can't blame anything on leaving early. They knew he would for multiple recruiting cycles.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

If nothing else we lead the FBS in excuse manufacturing.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

laxwyo wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:33 pm We can’t afford to have guys leave early, especially at key positions like qb and rb. We could have a qb ready that seemed like a decent prospect but he decided he liked Oklahoma better.

Brett Smith was a true freshmen when we went 8-5. Wasn't ACS a freshman as well? We're 7 games into the season and TVW is showing no improvement. The RS freshman excuse doesn't fly anymore.