time for Wyoming to consider...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CalvinWYO
Buckaroo

Dropping DOWN from Division 1 sports. The Pokes should be in something like the Big Sky or Missouri Valley Conference, NOT in a Div. 1 bracket.

We can hardly beat the mid to bottom feeders in the MWC and rarely can even stay in the game with the likes of Nebraska, Iowa, Oregon, etc. Thank god the Utes and BYU left the MWC or we'd be getting raped new buttholes by them, too.

Wyoming is NOT Div. 1 worthy and would probably get throttled most of the times in a Big Sky-type conference but at least we could stop the pretending and maybe win 1-2 more games a year.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

f-word off. If we drop off just go to DII or DIII. D1 pays the bills on athletics.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Not this conversation again. Geezus. I flew to Laramie today and am spending the entire weekend here and spending my money. I'm also having a great time. No way me or countless others would do that if we drop down.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

CalvinWYO wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:49 pm Dropping DOWN from Division 1 sports. The Pokes should be in something like the Big Sky or Missouri Valley Conference, NOT in a Div. 1 bracket.

We can hardly beat the mid to bottom feeders in the MWC and rarely can even stay in the game with the likes of Nebraska, Iowa, Oregon, etc. Thank god the Utes and BYU left the MWC or we'd be getting raped new buttholes by them, too.

Wyoming is NOT Div. 1 worthy and would probably get throttled most of the times in a Big Sky-type conference but at least we could stop the pretending and maybe win 1-2 more games a year.
We would not do better in Big Sky, because our recruiting would get worse with moving down. Our crowds would shrink to maybe a third of the size, and we'd never be able to watch games on TV again (except maybe for the once every couple of years the Sheep would come around to have their way with the Pokes).

I'd rather drop sports than drop down a division. If we decide to wave the white flag, we might as well actually give up rather than pretend things are fine.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

:rofl: Now SDPokes is creating sock puppets. Go away you retard
wyoair
Ranch Hand

Can we Just lump all the “I think Wyoming should drop down a division” threads into one thread so we don’t have to re-hash this every other day with new posters. Wyoming will not and should not drop down to FCS. If we did that we might as well Drop football together because this is the only show in town and people will not drive 500 miles and/or eight hours, spend Several hundred dollars to watch us play Montana State, Portland State and Weber State. Recruiting would severely take a hit, nevermind getting a decent coach, State and Cowboy Joe Club funding would take a nosedive.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

If there is one instance where banning people and deleting threads is appropriate, it's the drop a division stuff. They are obvious troll attempts from non-Wyoming fans
Last edited by LanderPoke on Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

As ridiculous as this thread is, it got me thinking. CU went through some terrible times with Dan Hawkins and then 2 years of Jon Embree where they were losing games routinely by 40 points. But they kept after it and now they are respectable again. Maybe we just need the right coach. I don't really subscribe to this notion of giving Bohl 2 more years after this. We've seen his entire repertoire. I'm absolutely convinced that without Josh Allen, this would be trainwreck season number 5. Let's get a guy with D1 experience, head coach or coordinator, whose philosophy is not 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Someone other than Burman should make the hire.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

There is one who meets that criteria...Gregg Brandon.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

CalvinWYO wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:49 pm Dropping DOWN from Division 1 sports. The Pokes should be in something like the Big Sky or Missouri Valley Conference, NOT in a Div. 1 bracket.

I see the special education students got out early today...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
CalvinWYO
Buckaroo

phxpoke wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:59 pm Not this conversation again. Geezus. I flew to Laramie today and am spending the entire weekend here and spending my money. I'm also having a great time. No way me or countless others would do that if we drop down.
spending the entire weekend in Laramie and spending your MONEY? That's your problem, Pal! :)

Ha Ha...big timin' it in Laramie, but pretending you're in Tuscaloosa. Roll Tide, err' Pokes, right? What a pathetic use of both time and $$$
Last edited by CalvinWYO on Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

So you're saying Laramie restaurants, hotels, and other businesses would be alright with nobody coming to town for football anymore?
CalvinWYO
Buckaroo

There are a bunch of high school teams throughout the nation that could beat the Pokes. Staying Div. 1 is just plain arrogant. Heck, Wofford almost stuck it to us. If Northwest College in Powell had a FB team, they'd probably kick our ass, too
CalvinWYO
Buckaroo

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:28 pm So you're saying Laramie restaurants, hotels, and other businesses would be alright with nobody coming to town for football anymore?
If they specifically "Built" their business around the U of W fooball program...that'd be their foolish endeavor
CalvinWYO
Buckaroo

wyoair wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:09 pm Can we Just lump all the “I think Wyoming should drop down a division” threads into one thread so we don’t have to re-hash this every other day with new posters. Wyoming will not and should not drop down to FCS. If we did that we might as well Drop football together because this is the only show in town and people will not drive 500 miles and/or eight hours, spend Several hundred dollars to watch us play Montana State, Portland State and Weber State. Recruiting would severely take a hit, nevermind getting a decent coach, State and Cowboy Joe Club funding would take a nosedive.
I imagine that someday soon the NCAA will say enough is enough and they will be the authority that drops us out of Div. 1. Out of 130 Div. 1 teams, aren't we ranked at 127th? Time to see if maybe the Missouri Valley conference will have us. I don't think we'd even qualify for the Sun Belt
CalvinWYO
Buckaroo

yet you'll drive 5 hours to Laramie to watch Div. 1's worst football squad?

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?????
CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand

f-word off Dino. Enough with this dropping down poop.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:06 pm :rofl: Now SDPokes is creating sock puppets. Go away you retard
Nope it’s not me. I’m sure there is a way moderators could confirm IP addresses or something to prove it. Glad some other people are seeing the light, however.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Yo, CalvinDouchebag, Wofford, Big Sky and MVC are all D1 too. Clearly you don't know poop about college athletics, so do us all a favor and f-word off.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Has all of 8 posts. Most, if not all, in this thread.

Either a troll or a multi. Either way, best ignored.