LOYALTY....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

In most parts of life loyalty is an a very good thing and should be rewarded, but in the coaching business it will get you fired. He needs to really evaluate the OC, and the receivers coach in the offseason. Bohl needs to do what lot of staffs are doing and add a passing coordinator coach. The passing part of the offense is horrendous, especially when you consider our running game is somewhat decent considering thats all we got. A lot of staffs have a run and pass game coordinator. There is no creativity, the opposing DB's are jumping are routes, they know exactly what is coming. Its embarrassing to watch. Bohl had a setback year at NDSU in 2009 and then he adjusted and moved forward to build that dynasty, hopefully he can those adjustments in the offseason and do the same here.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Maybe Bohl can fire himself as the special teams coach. If 28 yard punts that barely clear the heads of the blockers are the best we can do, then we may as well have open tryouts for the punter position.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

i agree we can give bohl a chance to make adjustments

i disagree that the offseason is the time to donit. we are the worst offense in the country, the time to make some changes is now and likely more in the offseason
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:15 am Maybe Bohl can fire himself as the special teams coach. If 28 yard punts that barely clear the heads of the blockers are the best we can do, then we may as well have open tryouts for the punter position.
In all fairness, this isnt the starting punter. You have a kid coming in that wasnt recruited to punt doing it as a fill in.

I agree changes need to be made with the OC.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

The starting punter was inept as well.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Subcanis wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:44 am The starting punter was inept as well.
You're right there. I doubt that either one could kick Vigen in the ass.
poke em
Buckaroo

The punter is not the problem here.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

poke em wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:11 pm The punter is not the problem here.

Really? How many short fields do you want the other team to have? How demoralized is the defense when the opposing offense sets up on the Wyoming side of the field? It's not the only problem - but throwing away 15 yards on every change of possession is a problem.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:37 pm

Really? How many short fields do you want the other team to have? How demoralized is the defense when the opposing offense sets up on the Wyoming side of the field? It's not the only problem - but throwing away 15 yards on every change of possession is a problem.
Our starting punter is not the problem. While his year wasn't shaping up as good as his first year, and his average yards puts him at 86th, 25% of his punts were inside the 20, exactly what you want him to do, 25% of his punts were fair catches, so no return, and a few of his punts were touchbacks which means they went as far as they could have, even if he may have meant to land them inside the 20. And, he had none of his punts blocked. So, over half of his punts couldn't even be returned. Not a remarkable season, but not a bad one either. The problem with this team is that we can not score, period. It doesn't matter if we "move" the ball, or if we demoralize the defense, give up short fields, etc. You need to score to win the game. The punter only shows up when the O hits the wall again and again.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Crowe is 2x the punter our starting punter is
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Back to back bowls and some people want his head. That’s crazy. I am however in board with really looking into an Offensive shakeup
W-Y, Until I Die!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:20 pm Back to back bowls and some people want his head. That’s crazy. I am however in board with really looking into an Offensive shakeup
8-25 without Josh Allen. Yes the staff deserve credit for getting Allen here, but the record shows that they are unable to field a competitive FBS team without a top 10 QB.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I find it slightly amusing that Bohl gets a pass on his first two years until he doesn’t.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Alls I'm asking for is adjustments, trying new things and a bit more improvement from week to week, all jobs have accountability and if performance isn't up to what is needed then changes need to be made. The schedule isn't getting any easier as we go along
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:03 pm

No he is not. Don't be ridiculous.

Crowe gets credit for steeping up to the plate in a time of need but punting is not his future.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:51 am

Crowe gets credit for steeping up to the plate in a time of need but punting is not his future.
you must have amnesia. Crowe shanked one, but Zaleski has shanked like 10 in his short career, including fumbling one snap this year and literally missing the ball with his foot last year. Crowe kicks it way further
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:07 am

you must have amnesia. Crowe shanked one, but Zaleski has shanked like 10 in his short career, including fumbling one snap this year and literally missing the ball with his foot last year. Crowe kicks it way further
I don't have amnesia. I couldn't have been any closer to the punt fail at Iowa without actually being on the field. Crowe does not kick the ball further.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:16 am Alls I'm asking for is adjustments, trying new things and a bit more improvement from week to week, all jobs have accountability and if performance isn't up to what is needed then changes need to be made. The schedule isn't getting any easier as we go along
So what did the Cowboys do to shock everyone with a 40-7 blowout of the vaunted Jaguars? They played the matchups.

SI column talking about cowboys in Dallas vs Jags......never have I seen Vigen take advantage of a matchup. Run up the middle and throw stupid hitch and out routes short. No ability to adjust to a defense, scheme someone open, etc.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:12 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:07 am

I don't have amnesia. I couldn't have been any closer to the punt fail at Iowa without actually being on the field. Crowe does not kick the ball further.
Looks like Crowe averages almost a yard more on his punts. (39.6 to 38.8) And has had one terrible kick and no fumbles/misses. The guy has come in and matched our scholarship punter right away. I'd take him for sure. Also if we have someone who can coach him a bit he seems like he could put some good directionality on a rugby style punt and get some good rolls on it.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

'PokeForLife wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:55 am
Also if we have someone who can coach him a bit he seems like he could put some good directionality on a rugby style punt and get some good rolls on it.
We absolutely agree on this. With the status of our punt team, why we are not utilizing a rugby style punt to maybe reverse field position is beyond me.