Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Post Reply
User avatar
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:54 pm
Location: Goodyear, Arizona

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by Cuttslam » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 pm

CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:21 pm
Cuttslam wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:17 pm
CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:16 pm
The 2nd year of the Bohl regime saw them score them score 142 points through their first 7 games and a 1-6 record. I thought that that would be the worst offense we'd ever see in Laramie. Through 6 games and one half this season the Pokes have scored 106 points. Let that sink in to tell you just how woeful this offense is right now.
Oh I have eyes I believe it
Oh for the days of Colby Kirkegaard and Cam Coffman!
Dax Crum
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Image

User avatar
specialteamsguru
Buckaroo
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:58 am

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by specialteamsguru » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:27 pm

fromolwyoming wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:03 pm
It took a first rounder QB to keep the offense going with any sort of drive the last couple of years. Now without him, its just plain offensive. Outside of Nico.
Coaches are tone deaf and hoping for miracles with the same approach and scheme. It’s stolen money for them

User avatar
LanderPoke
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 6805
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 pm
Location: Laramie

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by LanderPoke » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:28 pm

specialteamsguru wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:27 pm
fromolwyoming wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:03 pm
It took a first rounder QB to keep the offense going with any sort of drive the last couple of years. Now without him, its just plain offensive. Outside of Nico.
Coaches are tone deaf and hoping for miracles with the same approach and scheme. It’s stolen money for them
What did Bohl say in his last press conf? “We certainly don’t want to change what we do drastically “ what a moron. We should fire the offensive staff and prohibit Bohl from having anything to do with it

CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by CasparMilquetoast » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 pm

I know some might disagree but I have no confidence in TVW being the rightful successor to Josh. Chambers is a complete unknown and if he was that good he'd be starting right now. They need to go out and secure themselves a high level Juco QB after this season. RIght now guys like Thomas MacVittie, who used to be at Pitt, and a guy like Braxton Kerr look to be the best pro style Juco guys available. They need a qb badly and the guys on the roster right now aren't the answer.

User avatar
phxpoke
Cowpoke
Posts: 915
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: The Valley of The Sun

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by phxpoke » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:30 pm

I will go to one more game this year because I bought plane tickets and a hotel, but I'm done spending money on a bad product. I need to see some changes. I wonder what the defensive guys say about the offensive players?

CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by CasparMilquetoast » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:31 pm

Great DB play on that sideline pass Hull. Way to look for and locate the football you clown.

User avatar
'PokeForLife
Ranch Hand
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by 'PokeForLife » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:32 pm

Cuttslam wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 pm
CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:21 pm
Cuttslam wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:17 pm
CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:16 pm
The 2nd year of the Bohl regime saw them score them score 142 points through their first 7 games and a 1-6 record. I thought that that would be the worst offense we'd ever see in Laramie. Through 6 games and one half this season the Pokes have scored 106 points. Let that sink in to tell you just how woeful this offense is right now.
Oh I have eyes I believe it
Oh for the days of Colby Kirkegaard and Cam Coffman!
Dax Crum
Vander Waal has an infinitely higher ceiling than any of those guys. He isn't very good right now but we really don't know because he's hamstringed by this offensive staff. And how many drops by our receivers today? 4? 5?

User avatar
LanderPoke
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 6805
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 pm
Location: Laramie

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by LanderPoke » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:33 pm

This is not fun. If they score even 14 points we have no hope of winning regardless of opponent

CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by CasparMilquetoast » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:34 pm

D-U-M-P-S-T-E-R F-I-R-E

User avatar
'PokeForLife
Ranch Hand
Posts: 345
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by 'PokeForLife » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:34 pm

LanderPoke wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:33 pm
This is not fun. If they score even 14 points we have no hope of winning regardless of opponent
No joke. The only hope of scoring a touchdown is Evans breaking 90 yard run.

CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by CasparMilquetoast » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:35 pm

'PokeForLife wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:32 pm
Cuttslam wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 pm
CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:21 pm
Cuttslam wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:17 pm
CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:16 pm
The 2nd year of the Bohl regime saw them score them score 142 points through their first 7 games and a 1-6 record. I thought that that would be the worst offense we'd ever see in Laramie. Through 6 games and one half this season the Pokes have scored 106 points. Let that sink in to tell you just how woeful this offense is right now.
Oh I have eyes I believe it
Oh for the days of Colby Kirkegaard and Cam Coffman!
Dax Crum

Vander Waal has an infinitely higher ceiling than any of those guys. He isn't very good right now but we really don't know because he's hamstringed by this offensive staff. And how many drops by our receivers today? 4? 5?
Only kidding about CK and CC, but its clear to me TVW isn't the answer. It doesn't take very long to tell if a qb has that 'it' quality, and in my opinion, he doesn't come close.

CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by CasparMilquetoast » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Down 17, no sense of urgency, and lets run the ball on the first play following Fresno's last TD. Now a penalty...I mean this is a total hot mess.

User avatar
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:44 pm
Location: Sheridan, WY

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by J-Bone » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 pm

TVW has made some good throws. Lots of drops and a poor OL is doing the freshman no favors.

CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by CasparMilquetoast » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 pm

A vertical deep ball to perhaps the slowest of our skill position players, Conway.

User avatar
specialteamsguru
Buckaroo
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:58 am

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by specialteamsguru » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:39 pm

CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:35 pm
'PokeForLife wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:32 pm
Cuttslam wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 pm
CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:21 pm
Cuttslam wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:17 pm
CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:16 pm
The 2nd year of the Bohl regime saw them score them score 142 points through their first 7 games and a 1-6 record. I thought that that would be the worst offense we'd ever see in Laramie. Through 6 games and one half this season the Pokes have scored 106 points. Let that sink in to tell you just how woeful this offense is right now.
Oh I have eyes I believe it
Oh for the days of Colby Kirkegaard and Cam Coffman!
Dax Crum

Vander Waal has an infinitely higher ceiling than any of those guys. He isn't very good right now but we really don't know because he's hamstringed by this offensive staff. And how many drops by our receivers today? 4? 5?
Only kidding about CK and CC, but its clear to me TVW isn't the answer. It doesn't take very long to tell if a qb has that 'it' quality, and in my opinion, he doesn't come close.
Consistently, his passing decisions are made leaving the huddle, rather than reading the defense

CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by CasparMilquetoast » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:40 pm

specialteamsguru wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:39 pm
CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:35 pm
'PokeForLife wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:32 pm
Cuttslam wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:22 pm
CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:21 pm
Cuttslam wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:17 pm
CasparMilquetoast wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:16 pm
The 2nd year of the Bohl regime saw them score them score 142 points through their first 7 games and a 1-6 record. I thought that that would be the worst offense we'd ever see in Laramie. Through 6 games and one half this season the Pokes have scored 106 points. Let that sink in to tell you just how woeful this offense is right now.
Oh I have eyes I believe it
Oh for the days of Colby Kirkegaard and Cam Coffman!
Dax Crum

Vander Waal has an infinitely higher ceiling than any of those guys. He isn't very good right now but we really don't know because he's hamstringed by this offensive staff. And how many drops by our receivers today? 4? 5?
Only kidding about CK and CC, but its clear to me TVW isn't the answer. It doesn't take very long to tell if a qb has that 'it' quality, and in my opinion, he doesn't come close.
Consistently, his passing decisions are made leaving the huddle, rather than reading the defense
And bingo was his name.

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 5933
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 pm
Location: Cheyenne, again

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by stymeman » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Sad nite, sad season, nite Nation

307bball
Cowpoke
Posts: 551
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:08 pm

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by 307bball » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:42 pm

I wonder if this is a practice/training issue. You can be successful as a pro style run first team but you can't just be awful at all the little things like we are.

User avatar
LanderPoke
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 6805
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 pm
Location: Laramie

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by LanderPoke » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:42 pm

How do we get soooo many penalties. It seems we are 3x more penalized than our opponents this year

WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1193
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:29 am

Re: Wyo @ Fresno Game Thread

Post by WyomingAg » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:43 pm

phxpoke wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:01 pm
Do you guys think Bohl senses the frustration of the fan base? Does the typical fan out there feel like we do on Wyonation!?
A large portion of the fanbaee uses csu as the measuring stick. If we go 3-9 this year they will be satisfied as long as that one other win we get is against a bad csu team.

My personal guess is we lose the next 2 anyway because csu can actually score points. So the rest of the fanbase that isn't at wyonation frustration level, will get there in 2 weeks.
Last edited by WyomingAg on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply