This team needs a Josh Allen

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

And that has nothing to do with his ability as a quarterback. Josh was always firing guys up on the sidelines and it was very clear that he had the respect of the team as its leader. Wyoming fans (myself included) were constantly trying to remind people of this as JA went into the draft process and now people are realizing it as he takes a bad NFL team to wins it probably doesn't deserve. Take a look at the games we lost with Nick Smith last year. It wasn't just the fact that Josh would have been the best player on the field in those games, but also that the team had no fire in it without him dressed up. You can fault the coaches for that to an extent but there also has to be a leader in the locker room to rally the troops.

I see a lot of people starting to doubt TVW which is obviously premature. He has a lot of the physical traits that could make him like Allen as a player, but I don't think anyone knows if he has the leadership qualities yet and I wouldn't expect it from a freshman anyway. Maybe Nico Evans could be this guy? Wingard or Wilson should be with their experience but we've seen them both make exceptionally dumb mental mistakes. Whoever it is needs to step up quick before this thing really goes downhill and we start to lose recruits.
CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand

TVW is trash. Mediocre at best.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

CasparMilquetoast wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:47 pm TVW is trash. Mediocre at best.
I disagree the jury is still out on him. He was put into a tough position. It's also poop of you to call a 20 year old kid who's not getting paid trash.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:06 pm
CasparMilquetoast wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:47 pm TVW is trash. Mediocre at best.
I disagree the jury is still out on him. He was put into a tough position. It's also poop of you to call a 20 year old kid who's not getting paid trash.
TVW has shown flashes of good and bad. What you'd expect from a freshman. he does need to quit taking needless sacks though
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:25 pm
TVW has shown flashes of good and bad. What you'd expect from a freshman. he does need to quit taking needless sacks though
Agreed he holds the ball too long sometimes. I think he could of really benefited as the backup another year, but he's probably our best option right now.
CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand

TVW is trash. Trash, I say.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time

No sense in arguing with Dino's latest multi account.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

:lol:
fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:28 am No sense in arguing with Dino's latest multi account.
:lol: Wonder what that tool is up to these days?
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

I'm just surprised that they didn't have a juco guy signed either of the last 2 years. I like tvw and think he'll be ok but think they should've had someone else ready. Nick smith doesn't count
CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand

Juco might be the best way to go most years or at least the years they are going to be needing a new starter.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:34 pm I'm just surprised that they didn't have a juco guy signed either of the last 2 years. I like tvw and think he'll be ok but think they should've had someone else ready. Nick smith doesn't count
I agree they didn't plan it out well. I wonder what the difference would have been if we would have gotten Speight.