What do you think going forward?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:32 am What do I think going forward?

That "fans" like SDPokeFan should just go and cheer for their FCS hard-on school and leave UW alone. Since the only time they pop up is either when UW loses or when they pop-off that we should drop down a division.
Bingo. The guy really perks up when Wyoming loses. Kind of guy who can't climb up, so he revels when others fall down. Probably participates in dead pools. Baked cupcakes when Princess Diana was killed ..
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Thanks to SD for derailing thread into a move to fcs thread
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 am Thanks to SD for derailing thread into a move to fcs thread
The kid is the poster child of fans no school needs. He's a FINO...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:18 am

That "fans" like SDPokeFan should just go and cheer for their FCS hard-on school and leave UW alone. Since the only time they pop up is either when UW loses or when they pop-off that we should drop down a division.
Bingo. The guy really perks up when Wyoming loses. Kind of guy who can't climb up, so he revels when others fall down. Probably participates in dead pools. Baked cupcakes when Princess Diana was killed ..
If we only posted when we won, this message board wouldn't exist. You're only allowed to post when we win. See you next year.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

oh my............
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

BJC wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pmoh my............
And people wonder why there are so many bars and saloons in Wyoming. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:58 pm

If we only posted when we won, this message board wouldn't exist. You're only allowed to post when we win. See you next year.
https://www.france24.com/en/20181008-re ... ction-gene
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:27 pm

Ha! Been doing some research have you?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Agreed we dont get bowl eligible big changes need to be done, again eeriely similar to Glenn at this point 5 yrs in
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:13 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:27 pm

Ha! Been doing some research have you?
Not really. Saw the headline while perusing Drudge Report. Saw it and naturally I thought of you...
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 am
SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 am
SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:49 am

Born and raised in Casper. Sorry to disappoint. Just tired of having a terrible football team, which none of you ever seem to get sick of. I notice none of you disputed the three aforementioned teams would roll Wyoming, so I’m not sure why you think, say an SDSU or NDSU fan would have an inferiority complex. News flash: they are better than Wyoming at football this year and most years. What about that is so hard to understand? Must be those 80 yards passing Wyoming churns out per game that has you convinced otherwise.
If you truly think that those teams are consistently better than Wyoming, then what in the world makes you think UW is going to get any better if they drop to FCS. Not only will they lose to the Dakota schools that you clearly have a hard-on for, but they'll lose to a lot of other FCS teams. If your argument for dropping is that you don't like losing, then you are way off. Given your lofty view of Wyoming's potential, I'd rather lose at the FBS level than lose at the FCS level.
The point is being worse/equal to one of those schools is more acceptable if we are on the same level as them. Nobody would care that we needed a last second drive to beat mighty Wofford if we also played at the same level they do. If we are FCS that doesn’t prevent us from playing FBS teams and getting skull drug like we do now. That can still happen. At least we’d get paid for it.

It seems to me nobody cares if Wyoming is competitive. All that matters is if they are FBS—by name, not product on the field, mind you. If that’s the case, fine. But everyone needs to quit getting on here and acting shocked when they get thumped 8 times a year. Because as long as they are FBS that’s all that is ever going to happen. Changed coaches, change schemes, build HPACs....it doesn’t matter.
Wyoming. Would. Lose. At. FCS. Level.

What part of this is so hard for your puppet mind to grasp.
Haha, he ignores this aspect of the argument every single time it's brought up. Avoidance is pretty much the same as conceding in my opinion.

Hope you're doing well WWP!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:59 pm

Born and raised in Casper. Sorry to disappoint. Just tired of having a terrible football team, which none of you ever seem to get sick of. I notice none of you disputed the three aforementioned teams would roll Wyoming, so I’m not sure why you think, say an SDSU or NDSU fan would have an inferiority complex. News flash: they are better than Wyoming at football this year and most years. What about that is so hard to understand? Must be those 80 yards passing Wyoming churns out per game that has you convinced otherwise.
If you truly think that those teams are consistently better than Wyoming, then what in the world makes you think UW is going to get any better if they drop to FCS. Not only will they lose to the Dakota schools that you clearly have a hard-on for, but they'll lose to a lot of other FCS teams. If your argument for dropping is that you don't like losing, then you are way off. Given your lofty view of Wyoming's potential, I'd rather lose at the FBS level than lose at the FCS level.
The point is being worse/equal to one of those schools is more acceptable if we are on the same level as them. Nobody would care that we needed a last second drive to beat mighty Wofford if we also played at the same level they do. If we are FCS that doesn’t prevent us from playing FBS teams and getting skull drug like we do now. That can still happen. At least we’d get paid for it.

It seems to me nobody cares if Wyoming is competitive. All that matters is if they are FBS—by name, not product on the field, mind you. If that’s the case, fine. But everyone needs to quit getting on here and acting shocked when they get thumped 8 times a year. Because as long as they are FBS that’s all that is ever going to happen. Changed coaches, change schemes, build HPACs....it doesn’t matter.

Haha, he ignores this aspect of the argument every single time it's brought up. Avoidance is pretty much the same as conceding in my opinion.

There is no evidence we would lose at FCS level. Every saying it doesn’t make it so. All we have factual data on is that the team is woeful at the FBS level. This we know for sure.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:58 pm There is no evidence we would lose at FCS level. Every saying it doesn’t make it so. All we have factual data on is that the team is woeful at the FBS level. This we know for sure.
SPokeFan

Because you struggle, I have generously taken the time to put together a logical list of questions for you to answer:

1) Are you aware of any teams dropping from FBS to FCS within the past 15 years?

2) How did those team(s) perform in their move to FCS?

3) How were those team(s) average game attendance affected?

4) How did those team(s) fare in terms of revenue generated from their football program before and after the move?

We look forward to your analysis and results.

HINT: You should look at a team that rhymes with 'candles' to assist you in your analysis.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Doing good, just started a new job so things have been pretty hectic, but good. Hope you are doing well also!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:18 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:58 pm There is no evidence we would lose at FCS level. Every saying it doesn’t make it so. All we have factual data on is that the team is woeful at the FBS level. This we know for sure.
SPokeFan

Because you struggle, I have generously taken the time to put together a logical list of questions for you to answer:

1) Are you aware of any teams dropping from FBS to FCS within the past 15 years?

2) How did those team(s) perform in their move to FCS?

3) How were those team(s) average game attendance affected?

4) How did those team(s) fare in terms of revenue generated from their football program before and after the move?

We look forward to your analysis and results.

HINT: You should look at a team that rhymes with 'candles' to assist you in your analysis.
Quite the giant sample size you recommended.

Here’s some questions for you:

1. Is Wyoming good this year?
2. Are they going to be good next year?
3. Have they been consistently good over the past, say 30 years?
4. Would you like to bet $100 on Saturdays game? I get Fresno, you get the juggernaut Pokes.
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:49 pm Bohl won't be getting rid of Vigen and I don't think it would matter.

I read on the other board something about during the broadcast of the Hawaii game the announcers said they had asked Bohl about going with a more finesse style offense, and he said something like it would be a travesty if he changed his offensive philosophy.

So that pretty much sums up that the problem with the offense is most likely the head coach and it doesn't matter who the OC is.

Not sure if anyone else heard this.
Stanard and Hazelton both started with the same base defense, but Hazelton was 10x more effective with how he used and evolved it. The same can be true for the offense. I believe numerous others, including Vigen's OC predecessor (Perles) and successors (Polesek) at NDSU, or maybe a young OL/RB coach from a Stanford or Michigan State, could do far better with the exact same base system (key being "base").
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:58 pm
There is no evidence we would lose at FCS level. Every saying it doesn’t make it so. All we have factual data on is that the team is woeful at the FBS level. This we know for sure.
There is no evidence we would win at (the) FCS level. You saying it doesn't make it so. All we have factual data on is that the team is woeful at the FBS level. This we know for sure.

You don't need statistical evidence to know that we would not garner the same recruits we currently do if we dropped levels. That's common sense.
CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand

This is just plain dumb. We'll never go down a level so why is this being discussed even?
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:41 am They should have lost to Boise, they did.
They probably should lose to Hawaii, they did.
They should definitely lose to Fresno and USU. They probably will.

Then the should's end. The CSU, AFA, SJSU, UNM stretch begins. Likely to win all four? No, not at all...but those games are at least winnable. Opponents with problems, just like the Pokes.

All that said, let's say they finish 4-8/5-7 like the FPI numbers suggest they will. Man, with all the talent on defense graduating and the offense in trouble (Evans is a senior too IIRC)...2019 off-season will bring up more questions than we've gotten used to about Bohl's boys since the magical 2016 season. No doubt the preseason magazines wouldn't be kind.
I am one that expected much more than what has been seen on field, pre-season. The defense, maybe good, not near what I anticipated. I believed we’d see a lot more pressure put on QBs.

I’ve seen what I expected from the offense. The same predictable output as the last couple of years. Nothing innovative, which makes me believe it doesn’t require a lot to prepare to play against us.

I’m not optimistic about wins against CSU, AF NMU.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Not even close to true. We haven't had a losing season since 2015. Maybe you should do some research or go troll some other fan base.