What do you think going forward?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:31 pm
We'd have a better chance competing in the FCS with FCS level players, which is what we have. Or have you not watched the offense this year?
Well, that's his point. We have FCS level players currently and we are playing against FBS schools. That I agree with.

If we go FCS, however, we will not retain FCS level players. We will only attract DII level players and the cycle repeats.

For many of our players the ONLY draw of playing football for UW is the fact that we are FBS. That's it. Nothing more. It most certainly isn't our "winning" tradition, the weather, the city, or the women.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:27 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:33 pm
So you'd rather go 3-9 every year than win at the FCS level? Can I ask why that is? Just curious.
I know we will never convince you of facts and how moving to FCS will destroy donor dollars, attendance and Cowboy football in general (including recruiting). However, you too have already told us repeatedly how meaningless FCS wins are. When Wyoming beats top 10 FCS ranked Wofford, you were the one screaming how awful Wyoming football was that it only beat an FCS team by a few points.
They’re meaningless if you’re an FBS school. If you’re FCS it’s obviously different.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I frankly don't even want to acknowledge the topic, but FWIW...dropping down is not going well for Idaho. They saw an exodus of players, fans, boosters after moving down and are getting thrashed in the Big Sky. Things got dark and negative real fast.

Wyoming's a small state, Laramie is a small town, yet Wyo fans travel as well as any fan base in the conference. Drop a classification, and you might see that support vanish.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Everyone says we wouldn’t be successful at FCS, but nobody really knows that. What we know for a fact is we by and large cannot compete at the FBS level.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

stop typing fcs....

stupid idea that doesnt merit feeding trolls...

ignore all fcs talk
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:07 pm What will happen: Bohl will stick around, the Cowboys will be even worse next year thanks to graduation losses. He will blame it on having a young team. A year later he will guide the team to a four win season and will be fired. Wyoming will hire a new coach who will also flounder, because competitive talent will never come to Laramie on a consistent basis. History shows us this. This cycle will continue until we all die.

What should happen: Wyoming football moves to FCS where its schedule is commensurate with its talent.
You know what, f--ktard, why don't you just move to Greeley and become a fan of the UNC Bears. You have got to be the thickest human being I've ever had the displeasure of hearing an opinion from. You take Wyoming to FCS and you are throwing money in the garbage. UW would lose a HUGE amount of donor support, and not just in athletics.

Your inferiority complex is ridiculous. Go get penile implants or something...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:33 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:58 pm Yeah, if Wyoming moves to FCS, I also won't care about their football program anymore. Sorry, it's just not interesting to me at all, even though everybody else is obviously allowed to continue their fandom uninhibited.
So you'd rather go 3-9 every year than win at the FCS level? Can I ask why that is? Just curious.
Why would I rather have a steak than 25 cent ramen? Why would I rather watch a big budget quality show on a TV network vs a neckbeard fan fiction?

Just because I've had letdowns when it comes to higher quality items doesn't mean I'd happily downgrade permanently.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:02 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:07 pm What will happen: Bohl will stick around, the Cowboys will be even worse next year thanks to graduation losses. He will blame it on having a young team. A year later he will guide the team to a four win season and will be fired. Wyoming will hire a new coach who will also flounder, because competitive talent will never come to Laramie on a consistent basis. History shows us this. This cycle will continue until we all die.

What should happen: Wyoming football moves to FCS where its schedule is commensurate with its talent.
You know what, f--ktard, why don't you just move to Greeley and become a fan of the UNC Bears. You have got to be the thickest human being I've ever had the displeasure of hearing an opinion from. You take Wyoming to FCS and you are throwing money in the garbage. UW would lose a HUGE amount of donor support, and not just in athletics.

You can type the u and the c. It would be ok. First you say I’m thick, then you say I need penile implants. Make up your mind, man! Oh, and I don’t care for Greeley. If I was gonna root for an FCS team it would likely be South Dakota, South Dakota State or North Dakota State — all three of which would piss pound Wyoming.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:47 pm

You can type the u and the c. It would be ok. First you say I’m thick, then you say I need penile implants. Make up your mind, man! Oh, and I don’t care for Greeley. If I was gonna root for an FCS team it would likely be South Dakota, South Dakota State or North Dakota State — all three of which would piss pound Wyoming.
Wait, why are you a Wyoming fan? Are you? Go to school at UW? Why don't you root for one of these fcs teams? Because you know how much of a step down that is? Man, you talk a lot but when it comes down to it you know how crappy of a deal it would be. If not, maybe you should just go be a Dakota fan.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:16 pm

Wait, why are you a Wyoming fan? Are you? Go to school at UW? Why don't you root for one of these fcs teams? Because you know how much of a step down that is? Man, you talk a lot but when it comes down to it you know how crappy of a deal it would be. If not, maybe you should just go be a Dakota fan.
I'd say his true colors just came shining through. Definitely not a Wyo Native, and probably not an alumnus. Guy's a South Dakotan with a massive inferiority complex...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Retard alert!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

There is no way this guy is a Wyoming fan. Wyoming fans aren’t loser quitters
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:53 pm

I'd say his true colors just came shining through. Definitely not a Wyo Native, and probably not an alumnus. Guy's a South Dakotan with a massive inferiority complex...
Born and raised in Casper. Sorry to disappoint. Just tired of having a terrible football team, which none of you ever seem to get sick of. I notice none of you disputed the three aforementioned teams would roll Wyoming, so I’m not sure why you think, say an SDSU or NDSU fan would have an inferiority complex. News flash: they are better than Wyoming at football this year and most years. What about that is so hard to understand? Must be those 80 yards passing Wyoming churns out per game that has you convinced otherwise.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:49 am

Born and raised in Casper. Sorry to disappoint. Just tired of having a terrible football team, which none of you ever seem to get sick of. I notice none of you disputed the three aforementioned teams would roll Wyoming, so I’m not sure why you think, say an SDSU or NDSU fan would have an inferiority complex. News flash: they are better than Wyoming at football this year and most years. What about that is so hard to understand? Must be those 80 yards passing Wyoming churns out per game that has you convinced otherwise.
If you truly think that those teams are consistently better than Wyoming, then what in the world makes you think UW is going to get any better if they drop to FCS. Not only will they lose to the Dakota schools that you clearly have a hard-on for, but they'll lose to a lot of other FCS teams. If your argument for dropping is that you don't like losing, then you are way off. Given your lofty view of Wyoming's potential, I'd rather lose at the FBS level than lose at the FCS level.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 am

If you truly think that those teams are consistently better than Wyoming, then what in the world makes you think UW is going to get any better if they drop to FCS. Not only will they lose to the Dakota schools that you clearly have a hard-on for, but they'll lose to a lot of other FCS teams. If your argument for dropping is that you don't like losing, then you are way off. Given your lofty view of Wyoming's potential, I'd rather lose at the FBS level than lose at the FCS level.
The point is being worse/equal to one of those schools is more acceptable if we are on the same level as them. Nobody would care that we needed a last second drive to beat mighty Wofford if we also played at the same level they do. If we are FCS that doesn’t prevent us from playing FBS teams and getting skull drug like we do now. That can still happen. At least we’d get paid for it.

It seems to me nobody cares if Wyoming is competitive. All that matters is if they are FBS—by name, not product on the field, mind you. If that’s the case, fine. But everyone needs to quit getting on here and acting shocked when they get thumped 8 times a year. Because as long as they are FBS that’s all that is ever going to happen. Changed coaches, change schemes, build HPACs....it doesn’t matter.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

What do I think going forward?

That "fans" like SDPokeFan should just go and cheer for their FCS hard-on school and leave UW alone. Since the only time they pop up is either when UW loses or when they pop-off that we should drop down a division.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:39 am

Retard alert!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:41 pm Everyone says we wouldn’t be successful at FCS, but nobody really knows that. What we know for a fact is we by and large cannot compete at the FBS level.
We can and we do compete at the FBS level every Saturday. Definition:

* strive to gain or win something by defeating or establishing superiority over others who are trying to do the same.

* take part in a contest.
You don't handle failure well and give up easily don't you?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:20 am

The point is being worse/equal to one of those schools is more acceptable if we are on the same level as them. Nobody would care that we needed a last second drive to beat mighty Wofford if we also played at the same level they do. If we are FCS that doesn’t prevent us from playing FBS teams and getting skull drug like we do now. That can still happen. At least we’d get paid for it.

It seems to me nobody cares if Wyoming is competitive. All that matters is if they are FBS—by name, not product on the field, mind you. If that’s the case, fine. But everyone needs to quit getting on here and acting shocked when they get thumped 8 times a year. Because as long as they are FBS that’s all that is ever going to happen. Changed coaches, change schemes, build HPACs....it doesn’t matter.
Wyoming. Would. Lose. At. FCS. Level.

What part of this is so hard for your puppet mind to grasp.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:28 am

Your whole argument is so asinine and based on ridiculous logic. But let's take a look at the only FBS team to ever drop to FCS and see how that is working for them.

In 2016, Idaho announced that it would be dropping to FCS starting in 2018. In that year, Idaho went to the Potato Bowl where it blasted CSU in front of a national ESPN audience.

In 2018, following a flurry of transfers and a horrible two recruiting years with the upcoming move, Idaho began FCS play. Idaho currently sits at 2-3 with a single win over an FCS opponent in its first year of FCS play. This past week, Idaho played perennial FCS doormat Idaho State and was blasted 62-28 in a loss.

Yes, your whole argument of 'winning success at FCS as opposed to competing at the FBS level' has been proven factually to be incorrect. Don't let facts get in your way of your ridiculous argument though.