What do you think going forward?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I'll make a bold prediction (maybe not so bold, but obvious). If Vigen remains OC, this team does not win another game the rest of the season.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

I don't see any way that Bohl makes a coordinator change mid-season.

#buildingsomecalvaryofstayingchampions
akfan
Buckaroo

I've been a Wyoming cowboys fan for over 50 years. They do well for about 2 years out of 8-10 years. No consistency. Can't believe I have not wised up. Consistent bottom dwellers.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:07 pm What will happen: Bohl will stick around, the Cowboys will be even worse next year thanks to graduation losses. He will blame it on having a young team. A year later he will guide the team to a four win season and will be fired. Wyoming will hire a new coach who will also flounder, because competitive talent will never come to Laramie on a consistent basis. History shows us this. This cycle will continue until we all die.

What should happen: Wyoming football moves to FCS where its schedule is commensurate with its talent.
Dude, you need to stop with the FCS talk. If we were to go FCS we wouldn't get the same level of talent, players or coaches. We wouldn't have the same fan turn out, sponsers etc and then the budget dies. You are presenting a scenario that doesn't play out. Pretty much every starting player we have would not have come to Wyoming if it was FCS, they'd be spread across the non P5 teams. We'd literally be playing with our back ups and a lot of them would have found a different FBS team as well. Even if we are not real good, a great recruitement tool is showing the level of competition we go up against every year. The best an FCS program can present is that once a year they may play a decent FBS team, maybe.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

cowboyz wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:56 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:07 pm What will happen: Bohl will stick around, the Cowboys will be even worse next year thanks to graduation losses. He will blame it on having a young team. A year later he will guide the team to a four win season and will be fired. Wyoming will hire a new coach who will also flounder, because competitive talent will never come to Laramie on a consistent basis. History shows us this. This cycle will continue until we all die.

What should happen: Wyoming football moves to FCS where its schedule is commensurate with its talent.
Dude, you need to stop with the FCS talk. If we were to go FCS we wouldn't get the same level of talent, players or coaches. We wouldn't have the same fan turn out, sponsers etc and then the budget dies. You are presenting a scenario that doesn't play out. Pretty much every starting player we have would not have come to Wyoming if it was FCS, they'd be spread across the non P5 teams. We'd literally be playing with our back ups and a lot of them would have found a different FBS team as well. Even if we are not real good, a great recruitement tool is showing the level of competition we go up against every year. The best an FCS program can present is that once a year they may play a decent FBS team, maybe.
Don’t bother with him. He’s a CSU troll.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:41 pm Everyone says we wouldn’t be successful at FCS, but nobody really knows that. What we know for a fact is we by and large cannot compete at the FBS level.
This year is not going well, but we've been competing the past couple of years; 8 wins, bowl games. If these were all 2 win year's, then the argument would be stronger.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

cowboyz wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:41 pm Everyone says we wouldn’t be successful at FCS, but nobody really knows that. What we know for a fact is we by and large cannot compete at the FBS level.
This year is not going well, but we've been competing the past couple of years; 8 wins, bowl games. If these were all 2 win year's, then the argument would be stronger.
There is and never will be any arguement. SD Pokes needs to go cheer fos South Dakota st.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:51 am
cowboyz wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:20 pm
There is and never will be any arguement. SD Pokes needs to go cheer fos South Dakota st.
South Dakota State would smash Wyoming.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:55 pm South Dakota State would smash Wyoming.
Ok great, you found your new FCS team to follow and live happily. You can proceed to posting and following the Jackrabbits on their individual fan forum.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:57 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:55 pm South Dakota State would smash Wyoming.
Ok great, you found your new FCS team to follow and live happily. You can proceed to posting and following the Jackrabbits on their individual fan forum.
Can't I do both? I'm not very busy at work most days.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:58 pm
No doubt. I find it hard to believe anyone would trust you with anything as challenging as busy job.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:21 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:58 pm
No doubt. I find it hard to believe anyone would trust you with anything as challenging as busy job.
Government work. Am I right?!