Bohl needs to....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Figure out the offense or leave. Period
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Bohl is a defense guy.

But yeah. This offense is not an offense. Its just offensive. I said it last year that the only reason we got anything out of it was because of Josh. He's gone now. While Nico has stepped up his game, its pretty damn clear offense needs some major shaking up if we want to even think about bowling in the next couple of years.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

One for Bohl and one for Vigen
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:03 am Bohl is a defense guy.

But yeah. This offense is not an offense. Its just offensive. I said it last year that the only reason we got anything out of it was because of Josh. He's gone now. While Nico has stepped up his game, its pretty damn clear offense needs some major shaking up if we want to even think about bowling in the next couple of years.
Never mind playing for a conference title. :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

8-24 without Josh Allen.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:00 am Figure out the offense or leave. Period
Fire the entire offensive staff and start over or start packing his own bags. Nothing like having an offense in the bottom 10 in the nation in year 4 and 5, with all your recruits, schemes, amd "development"
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Quite honestly, Bohl doesn't fear for his job, therefore Vigen doesn't fear for his.
Might be time for President Nicholls to have a long meeting with Burman and see if a little fear from the top down doesn't light some fires under some asses.

Donors are going to start walking away from this program if the culture of no accountability persists. Our vaunted 5k+ member booster membership might not hold. That should doom anyone overseeing it...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:24 am Quite honestly, Bohl doesn't fear for his job, therefore Vigen doesn't fear for his.
Might be time for President Nicholls to have a long meeting with Burman and see if a little fear from the top down doesn't light some fires under some asses.

Donors are going to start walking away from this program if the culture of no accountability persists. Our vaunted 5k+ member booster membership might not hold. That should doom anyone overseeing it...
Yeah Bohls locked in. He got Burman good in 2016.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:24 am Quite honestly, Bohl doesn't fear for his job, therefore Vigen doesn't fear for his.

We're doomed if we're counting on "a Ram through and through" to help jumpstart a change in our football program organization and/or culture
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

This is going to be interesting. Burman's first hunch as an ad was that this type of offense would never work at WYO. Bohl showed it could work if you have nfl talent at skill positions. However, Bohl has struggled to maintain or develop that level of talent.

Burman is in a tough spot. New president and struggling football program that is 100% Burman and Bohl.

I don't know. I hope Bohl lays out a plan to address the O. If it is business as usual, I too will start to lose confidence in Bohl.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Fire burman first.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

calpoke25 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:07 am 8-24 without Josh Allen.
without josh allen and brian hill, this is the same garbage every week, we cant beat the easy teams because we cant move the ball. the defense needs some rest/help. how is it so obvious vigen cant do the things like adjust to a defenses weakness, scheme more open receivers, get mismatches in our favor, etc. and we dont get rid of him?

bottom in the country offense without josh allen...f-word bottom. someone new better call plays next week cuz vigen sure as hell cant. how the hell do you not have a plan for how to gain yards, get first downs, etc? nothing has worked outside of ja. vigens play list couldnt wipe my ass...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:05 am This is going to be interesting. Burman's first hunch as an ad was that this type of offense would never work at WYO. Bohl showed it could work if you have nfl talent at skill positions. However, Bohl has struggled to maintain or develop that level of talent.

Burman is in a tough spot. New president and struggling football program that is 100% Burman and Bohl.

I don't know. I hope Bohl lays out a plan to address the O. If it is business as usual, I too will start to lose confidence in Bohl.
It's not the type of offense. It's the people running it. I believe we have the skill kids RIGHT NOW. How is it that we can move the ball whenever we absolutely have to?
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:55 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:05 am This is going to be interesting. Burman's first hunch as an ad was that this type of offense would never work at WYO. Bohl showed it could work if you have nfl talent at skill positions. However, Bohl has struggled to maintain or develop that level of talent.

It's not the type of offense. It's the people running it. I believe we have the skill kids RIGHT NOW. How is it that we can move the ball whenever we absolutely have to?
Some of that is the opponent being in prevent defense. We don’t have any talent on offense Landerpoke. Sorry to say. Talent would’ve at least found the end zone once regardless of coaching.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

calpoke25 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:10 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:55 am

Some of that is the opponent being in prevent defense. We don’t have any talent on offense Landerpoke. Sorry to say. Talent would’ve at least found the end zone once regardless of coaching.
If I'm feeling generous I'm saying 80% talent issue and 20% scheme (it's probably realistically 90/10). Good players cover up a lot of sins and this offense has none outside of evans and maybe Conway (maybe) these guys are average at absolute best. If you confine yourself to Offensive line talent you dip waaay below average.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I don't buy the talent thing. Our recruiting classes beat out almost all FCS teams, yet our offense would be among the worst even at that level. FREAKING DUQUESNE DUKES scored 21 against Hawai'i.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Our issue starts with QB play. Young or not....TVW is Nick Smith....maybe worse......
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

One thing I will say, and it echoes a previous comment I posted about this, is Bohl's demeanor has completely changed now. He was absolutely livid at times last night- one pissed off coach. Maybe he's finally reaching a breaking point with something. Hopefully it's Vigen.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
slangman
Buckaroo

I like and respect Craig Bohl. With that said, he is making a lot of money at Wyo and is really putting a poor product for offense on the field. If you can’t score in college, you can’t win-just look at the more successful teams in college and in the Mountain West. Six points this last game and not many more in the previous games. With some tough games ahead (Utah State, Fresno, CSU at Ft Collins) it’s looking dismal. I don,t know whether the offensive shortfall is a recruiting or coaching issue, but it has got to change. I. Know it is painful to watch and definitely is hurting fund raising and recruiting.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:05 pm One thing I will say, and it echoes a previous comment I posted about this, is Bohl's demeanor has completely changed now. He was absolutely livid at times last night- one pissed off coach. Maybe he's finally reaching a breaking point with something. Hopefully it's Vigen.
I assume that Bohl has some influence on the play calling during the game. Isn't that what those headphones are for? My faith in Bohl was shaken by the San Jose st. loss. That game said that Bohl couldn't get the team ready to play the worst team in D1 or that without Josh Allen, we could lose to anyone. It now appears we can lose to anyone. This is a terrible team and I hope he's unhappy about it.