Wyoming @ Hawaii

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Cuttslam wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:06 am Well on the positive side I won a lot of money$$$$$$$$$$$
LOL me too
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

6 points offensively against the worst defense in the conference.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

cali2wyo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:03 am This is 1000% on Vigen and shame on Bohl for not doing anything about it. QB play is poop (nice hail Mary to the 15 yard line, dumbass), O-line is FCS at best, and play calling is junior high level. All those things fall back on the OC.

Can't wait for Bohl to call out our defense and special teams as the reason we lost this in his post game press conference though...
Its equally on Bohl. He gets so many free passes but it's his choice to keep Vigen and he is responsible for recruiting.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:14 am
cali2wyo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:03 am This is 1000% on Vigen and shame on Bohl for not doing anything about it. QB play is poop (nice hail Mary to the 15 yard line, dumbass), O-line is FCS at best, and play calling is junior high level. All those things fall back on the OC.

Can't wait for Bohl to call out our defense and special teams as the reason we lost this in his post game press conference though...
Its equally on Bohl. He gets so many free passes but it's his choice to keep Vigen and he is responsible for recruiting.
Oh absolutely. I just mention Vigen because I think a lot of these issues would go away with him gone. But if Bohl is unwilling to make that change then shame on him
hutchenc
Buckaroo

Wyokie wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:58 am
calpoke25 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:56 am We don’t deserve to win this.
This state doesn't deserve this poop offense!
Mmmm...sort of disagree. The Cowboys are a perennial basement team. It's very fitting actually.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

cali2wyo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:21 am

Oh absolutely. I just mention Vigen because I think a lot of these issues would go away with him gone. But if Bohl is unwilling to make that change then shame on him
Shame, schlame. If he's unwilling to do what is essentially his job, fire him.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Besides being terrible on offense, we once again get outplayed by WRs. Other team’s WRs make plays. We had two opportunities to make a play and our TE stonehands it and Price (which would have been a miracle)
W-Y, Until I Die!
hutchenc
Buckaroo

laxwyo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:39 am Besides being terrible on offense, we once again get outplayed by WRs. Other team’s WRs make plays. We had two opportunities to make a play and our TE stonehands it and Price (which would have been a miracle)
Wyoming is terrible, generally speaking. It's not just the offense. They are are offensively sh*tty!
hutchenc
Buckaroo

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:29 am
cali2wyo wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:21 am

Shame, schlame. If he's unwilling to do what is essentially his job, fire him.
Lol...who should Wyoming hire? Without Allen and/or Hill UW is who they are. A basement team in a basement conference.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Lol...who should Wyoming hire? Without Allen and/or Hill UW is who they are. A basement team in a basement conference.
[/quote]

Ok Hutch, who the hell are you- to recognize what Wyo is, some scumbag troll? West coast wannabe? I have $1.4 million reasons why Bohl needs a new mindset on program development and offensive playcalling. Vigen needs to be dusted and take his QB’s w/ him. Rocky Long stands as the best coach in this conference, and sets an example of how to win on the road despite his best players on the IR.

Feel bad for this Team, they are not well coached or prepared to win. Lets look at the film, the only real tool Bohl seems to have at his disposal right now.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyoming was given a gift with a freshman QB unexpectedly having to start for Hawai'i, and already playing against one of the worst defenses in the nation - and still they manage less than 250 offensive yards while Hawai'i gets 300+.

Our defense as much as the offense did. Evans put up an admirable performance given the situation, but wow. Absolutely pathetic once again.

On the positive side - now we can claim Hawai'i's defense isn't as terrible anymore, as we greatly improved their season stats!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Your comment about Vigen's "junior high level" play-calling is an affront to junior high school coaches across America. What a horrific display last night -- and the Pokes still had a chance to win at the end! I can't believe I stayed up until 1:00 AM to watch that painful sh!t-show. Even the Hawaii announcers questioned the offensive schemes.

Year-Five of Bohl's developmental program and "double-repping". Too many freshmen getting PT on the offensive side this year for that approach. I like Bohl and hope he can figure it out moving forward, but if not, Average Tommy should not be allowed to select the next coach. Period. Both Glenn and Christensen had better records after 56-57 games.