Boise State @ Wyoming

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

"We knew it would be a really hard fought game...blah blah blah...."
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Hawaii is going to be brutal next week...
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I don't see this Wyoming team scoring a TOTAL of 100 points in the remaining 7 games this year. I also think this team finishes 2-10. This is just a bad football team right now, and I'm not sure how the staff goes about fixing it.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Welp, there is BYU getting beat on Fox.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

One of my hopes for this season was to not have a blowout loss, which for me was to not lose any game by more than 14. In our 3 losses already, all 3 have already failed on that and I fear we have many more to go
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

I do like TVW and his youth. If we can see a lil protection for him he’s going to be good in the next couple of years.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Team has no discipline. Way to crash and burn at the end defense
johnywyo
Ranch Hand

If I hear Bohl say this is a ‘good football team’ in another press conference, I’m calling foul. Gags better start calling this out. Just sayin. Far from it, in all phases.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

Poke-proud wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:27 pm I do like TVW and his youth. If we can see a lil protection for him he’s going to be good in the next couple of years.
Not to pile onto you, but given the track record of our offensive line...when do you foresee protection getting better?
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:37 pm
Poke-proud wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:27 pm I do like TVW and his youth. If we can see a lil protection for him he’s going to be good in the next couple of years.
Not to pile onto you, but given the track record of our offensive line...when do you foresee protection getting better?
Oline sucks without DC recruits
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:37 pm
It’s fine. Never
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Seems like we might be missing those cornerbacks.

Have a gander at who we all lose for next years D
W-Y, Until I Die!
powellpoke
Buckaroo

First time poster long time listener. I’m a 2000 alum and a die hard pokes fan. This game sucked, as have many others, but who are we going to get to be head coach that is better than Bohl? Seriously? He is a Wyoming type of guy. He understands what is involved in coaching at UW and our limitations. I really believe that expecting a conference championship and bowl game every year is pie in the sky by us fans. I would really love that but we need to be realistic. Bohl is a great coach and the absolute right man for the job. Yes he probably needs to get rid of Vigen. Should we have some better players? Yes. We’re not gonna have Josh and Hill every year. That’s just a fact of life. We have to accept that as much as that sucks. Urban isn’t coming here. Belicheck isnt coming here. We have the best guy for UW that we can have. That’s just being realistic. Who do we hope to get - the next hot OC or DC? So he can use us to be another stepping stone? Bohl can finish his career here and we will be a better program for it. Be careful what you wish for because we might get it. When Bohl had a great year in ‘17 and was being mentioned for other bigger jobs, realistic or not, some people were pissed of that he could possibly leave our program. How dare he, some said. He’s the right guy for UW period. We’ll take our lumps and give some lumps. Everyone needs to accept reality for what it is. He runs a clean program, kids aren’t flunking out, and runs a program that can win here. Boise is better than us this year. So is Washington state and mizzou. We’re fine. Everyone relax.
Go Pokes!!! :thumb:
powellpoke
Buckaroo

Oh I see I’ve posted four times before. Been a long damn time I don’t even remember!
Go Pokes!!! :thumb:
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

See my post from five years ago under the title Reality Check.
braves84
Buckaroo

phxpoke wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:13 pm
Cuttslam wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:11 pm
phxpoke wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:08 pm Two first downs in a row!
Awesome
Yep. This is rough. Hey at least we're not Hawaii today.
Yeah, must be tough living in Hawaii and playing on a team that's 5-1 and right now contender for mwc title . Haha.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

#buildingsomethingspecial right?
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

powellpoke wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:00 pm First time poster long time listener. I’m a 2000 alum and a die hard pokes fan. This game sucked, as have many others, but who are we going to get to be head coach that is better than Bohl? Seriously? He is a Wyoming type of guy. He understands what is involved in coaching at UW and our limitations. I really believe that expecting a conference championship and bowl game every year is pie in the sky by us fans. I would really love that but we need to be realistic. Bohl is a great coach and the absolute right man for the job. Yes he probably needs to get rid of Vigen. Should we have some better players? Yes. We’re not gonna have Josh and Hill every year. That’s just a fact of life. We have to accept that as much as that sucks. Urban isn’t coming here. Belicheck isnt coming here. We have the best guy for UW that we can have. That’s just being realistic. Who do we hope to get - the next hot OC or DC? So he can use us to be another stepping stone? Bohl can finish his career here and we will be a better program for it. Be careful what you wish for because we might get it. When Bohl had a great year in ‘17 and was being mentioned for other bigger jobs, realistic or not, some people were pissed of that he could possibly leave our program. How dare he, some said. He’s the right guy for UW period. We’ll take our lumps and give some lumps. Everyone needs to accept reality for what it is. He runs a clean program, kids aren’t flunking out, and runs a program that can win here. Boise is better than us this year. So is Washington state and mizzou. We’re fine. Everyone relax.
Thanks for posting, Craig.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:29 pm How big a kitty device do you have to be to only post when pokes are getting handled?
That’s every game. This board wouldn’t exist if we had to wait for them to play well to post.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

powellpoke wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:00 pm First time poster long time listener. I’m a 2000 alum and a die hard pokes fan. This game sucked, as have many others, but who are we going to get to be head coach that is better than Bohl? Seriously? He is a Wyoming type of guy. He understands what is involved in coaching at UW and our limitations. I really believe that expecting a conference championship and bowl game every year is pie in the sky by us fans. I would really love that but we need to be realistic. Bohl is a great coach and the absolute right man for the job. Yes he probably needs to get rid of Vigen. Should we have some better players? Yes. We’re not gonna have Josh and Hill every year. That’s just a fact of life. We have to accept that as much as that sucks. Urban isn’t coming here. Belicheck isnt coming here. We have the best guy for UW that we can have. That’s just being realistic. Who do we hope to get - the next hot OC or DC? So he can use us to be another stepping stone? Bohl can finish his career here and we will be a better program for it. Be careful what you wish for because we might get it. When Bohl had a great year in ‘17 and was being mentioned for other bigger jobs, realistic or not, some people were pissed of that he could possibly leave our program. How dare he, some said. He’s the right guy for UW period. We’ll take our lumps and give some lumps. Everyone needs to accept reality for what it is. He runs a clean program, kids aren’t flunking out, and runs a program that can win here. Boise is better than us this year. So is Washington state and mizzou. We’re fine. Everyone relax.
Great post
W-Y, Until I Die!