Boise State 16.5 point favorite

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

calpoke25 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:59 pm
JimmyDimes wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:41 am Big line for a team that got it handed to them by a team who got it handed to them.

Nice getting our play makers back. Wyoming by 5.
LOL. Look closer at the OSU result, not exactly getting it handed to you. On the other hand look at us vs. Missouri.
Missouri>Boise State
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:39 am
JimmyDimes wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:41 am Big line for a team that got it handed to them by a team who got it handed to them.

LOL. Look closer at the OSU result, not exactly getting it handed to you. On the other hand look at us vs. Missouri.
Missouri>Boise State
I thought it was the other way around, and then I watched that Georgia game. Much like Boise vs Oklahoma State, a special teams play made the game look worse than it was (I guess Boise had two such plays).

Georgia is one hell of a team, but that huge mistake on the blocked punt cost Mizzou big time. Mizzou actually moved the ball pretty well throughout the game, and they were in it until the end. I expected Georgia to clobber them, but it didn't happen.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I believe Missouri >Boise, too. So factor that in, us getting some guys back, and the game being in Laramie and that equals a close game. (please be true)
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

One of the Pokes biggest critics on this board has them -30 in the spread predictions! I wonder if he entered it wrong.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:09 am
NebraskaCowboy wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:39 am

Missouri>Boise State
I thought it was the other way around, and then I watched that Georgia game. Much like Boise vs Oklahoma State, a special teams play made the game look worse than it was (I guess Boise had two such plays).

Georgia is one hell of a team, but that huge mistake on the blocked punt cost Mizzou big time. Mizzou actually moved the ball pretty well throughout the game, and they were in it until the end. I expected Georgia to clobber them, but it didn't happen.
I would also argue that the fumble returned for a touchdown was also a big momentum swing and should have never been a turnover. I think (hope) that the experience bodes well and leads to a competitive/winnable football game.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

My heart says we kick their ass. My head says we keep it close in the first half on strong play by our D, but our offense fails to move the ball causing our defense to tire out and Bosie pounds us in the second half covering the spread. Our basic MO all season against good teams. I hope I am wrong and we kick their ass tho.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:23 pm My heart says we kick their ass. My head says we keep it close in the first half on strong play by our D, but our offense fails to move the ball causing our defense to tire out and Bosie pounds us in the second half covering the spread. Our basic MO all season against good teams. I hope I am wrong and we kick their ass tho.
Sounds pretty reasonable. If we somehow take the lead in the second quarter, offensive play-calling will be ultra conservative until late in the 4th when we're down by 20+.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I hope we see our D-Line get to Rypien all day long, cause him to hurry, Dewey get a pick and stop their running game, then see our O finally move the ball down the field. To give Boise a sense of misery at 7220, that'd be a fun day....it can happen!! Will it? Time will tell
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

ZapPoke wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:24 am One of the Pokes biggest critics on this board has them -30 in the spread predictions! I wonder if he entered it wrong.
Yes I did thank you for pointing that out. :D
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

quick update - every off shore book has the line at boise -17. Moneyline ranges from 900 to 1000.

Big odds based on a big number. I'd like to think Wyo. is worth throwing some lottery money at. But after thinking about this game, we probably need to score at least 30 to win. We haven't hit 20 in our last 3 games. Let's hope we throw a few new wrinkles at BSU. Couldn't hurt.