Halftime - Illinois State 14 Colorado State 6

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:56 pm Utah st. might blow us out
? why would you think that
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

SDSU sadly escaped with a 23-20 win in OT.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Hawai'i sure woke up later in the game.

Headline in Denver Post this morning
Bobo Puts it Bluntly: "We're not very good"
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

calpoke25 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:27 pm I think Illinois St is capable of doing the same thing to us., and just because they beat CSU in no way means Wyoming is somehow guaranteed to win there.
Ugh, very true. Beating CSU isn’t a given.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:24 pm
Quick tempo and they put up some serious points. We haven’t faired well against air raid.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:16 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:24 pm
Quick tempo and they put up some serious points. We haven’t faired well against air raid.
Maybe so. I still think they are wildly overrated. time will tell, to use a cliche
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Funny stuff
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:47 pm Correction...14-7, Duquesne but still...
Duquesne scored first from a short field off of a Hawaii fumble and then surprised them right after with an on side kick. These quick scores woke Hawaii up who went on the out score Duquesne 42-7 the rest of the way. If Hawaii were to lose I'd be more confident about our up coming game against them.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

cowboyz wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:31 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:47 pm Correction...14-7, Duquesne but still...
Duquesne scored first from a short field off of a Hawaii fumble and then surprised them right after with an on side kick. These quick scores woke Hawaii up who went on the out score Duquesne 42-7 the rest of the way. If Hawaii were to lose I'd be more confident about our up coming game against them.
Had the Bows lost, I honestly think we would beat the Bows in 2 weeks but....

They get the ultra crappy Spartans next before we come to the Islands. No Aloha for us. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:45 pm Wow I hate CSU's forum. It totally sucks to try to navigate. And the stupid posters write like two words each before you have to move to the next page.

Looks like they all hate Bobo. His seat seems warmer in the minds of Fart Colons fans' than Vigen's does here...
I remember my first foray on the sheep forum... took me a little while to figure out the archaic format. Use it a little bit and you hate it even more. Anyway, I got banned from Ramnation after I wrote the douchiest possible post possible comparing them to BYU which said post went through two or three drafts before I had it perfect and actually posted it. :lol:

I'm glad we don't delete posts or ban people here. That's weak sauce
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:17 pm
'PokeForLife wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:45 pm Wow I hate CSU's forum. It totally sucks to try to navigate. And the stupid posters write like two words each before you have to move to the next page.

Looks like they all hate Bobo. His seat seems warmer in the minds of Fart Colons fans' than Vigen's does here...
I remember my first foray on the sheep forum... took me a little while to figure out the archaic format. Use it a little bit and you hate it even more. Anyway, I got banned from Ramnation after I wrote the douchiest possible post possible comparing them to BYU which said post went through two or three drafts before I had it perfect and actually posted it. :lol:

Not sure if serious.....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Not sure if serious.....
Other than SDPokes/Cuttslam whom I'm pretty sure is the same person
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:09 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Not sure if serious.....
Other than SDPokes/Cuttslam whom I'm pretty sure is the same person
I guarantee that they are not. Sdpokes is some 45 yr old nerdling since he uses the same handle for his twitter. I met cuttslam at the MWC championship tournament when we won. That’s not a small man. Lol

Edit: there was two sdpoke type names. One was San Diego and another is South Dakota. I don’t know which one is the douche. Don’t know if the twitter guy is a 100% douche because he’s way less douchier on twitter than in here.
W-Y, Until I Die!
2011BisonAlumni
Buckaroo

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:14 pm The FCS has done really well against the mountain west. Begs the question how bad is the mountain west this year?
Not really.

Tried telling you guys the MVFC is really really good. Top to bottom, it is a better league than some of the FBS conferences. Probably a notch below the MW overall, but not by much.

If you gave NDSU, SDSU, Illinois State additional scholarships and put them in the MW, they all would be competitive on an annual basis.

Personally, I think NDSU or SDSU could win the conference right now.

If you aren’t P5 or maybe consistent non P5 teams like Boise/BYU or a Norte Dame, there is very little separating your FBS program from top FCS programs.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

2011BisonAlumni wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:39 am
Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:14 pm The FCS has done really well against the mountain west. Begs the question how bad is the mountain west this year?
Not really.

Tried telling you guys the MVFC is really really good. Top to bottom, it is a better league than some of the FBS conferences. Probably a notch below the MW overall, but not by much.

If you gave NDSU, SDSU, Illinois State additional scholarships and put them in the MW, they all would be competitive on an annual basis.

If you aren’t P5 or maybe consistent non P5 teams like Boise/BYU or a Norte Dame, there is very little separating your FBS program from top FCS programs.
No it's not. oh man :rofl: too rich
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:49 am
Not really.

No it's not. oh man :rofl: too rich
Agreed!

The one major advantage that FCS programs have over FBS programs (that nobody seems to ever talk about), is that they can take the 3, 4, (and 5 star to a small extent) players from FBS schools (that are riding the bench) and play them right away. Happens all the time. So don't give me that scholarship count and money poop. FCS programs know how to work the system, but they never talk about it.

FCS schools just happen to have less invested, and want it that way.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Not really.

Boise St would beat NDSU 9 times out of 10 and 7-8 or them would be by 3 TDs. Wyoming would probably split even with them winning in Laramie or losing in Fargo, and Wyoming looks to be a bottom third MW team. I don’t doubt the top of the FCS is competitive with the bottom 50-60 FBS teams but there is a big difference once you get to the top of the G5 and low P5. NDSU would probably be a 6-7 win team in the MW.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

FFS isn't Wofford a top FCS team? A bad WYO team with lots of injuries managed to beat them.

Worst part of the Bohl hire wasn't the worst year in WYO history, it is the ND baggage.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
2011BisonAlumni
Buckaroo

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:37 pm FFS isn't Wofford a top FCS team? A bad WYO team with lots of injuries managed to beat them.

Worst part of the Bohl hire wasn't the worst year in WYO history, it is the ND baggage.
In rankings yes. In reality no.

Illinois State is a significantly better team than Wofford.

Could care less about Bohl. Klieman is not only a better coach, but a significantly better person.
2011BisonAlumni
Buckaroo

calpoke25 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:01 pm
Not really.

Boise St would beat NDSU 9 times out of 10 and 7-8 or them would be by 3 TDs. Wyoming would probably split even with them winning in Laramie or losing in Fargo, and Wyoming looks to be a bottom third MW team. I don’t doubt the top of the FCS is competitive with the bottom 50-60 FBS teams but there is a big difference once you get to the top of the G5 and low P5. NDSU would probably be a 6-7 win team in the MW.
If you honestly think Wyoming would split with NDSU, you are seriously f-word high.

It would not be pretty of these two programs played. I honestly don’t think it would be competitive.

Wyoming barely, and I mean barely, beat Wofford at home....and the separation between a Wofford and NDSU is significant.