Bye week: Now what?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

I still think we can steal one of the next four games. We definitely won't win all of the last 4 tho. 6 wins is the celling 4 is the floor.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

truly gonna be interesting, guess 6-6 is considered a good season anymore!! guess we'd take it to go bowling once again too.....
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand

stymeman wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:59 pm truly gonna be interesting, guess 6-6 is considered a good season anymore!! guess we'd take it to go bowling once again too.....
It would be nice if 6 and 6 was considered a down year for the Pokes....
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

J-Rod wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:20 pm Cowboys are 2-2 at the break. Wins over 0-4 NMSU and FCS Wofford, losses to Wazzu and Mizzou. Injuries have been a real problem. The offense has been a problem. At times, the defense hasn't been the vaunted force we've expected.

8 games to left on the schedule, plenty of times to turn things around. With 4 games in hand, what are your expectations? Gun to your head (Yes, someone is holding you gunpoint for Wyoming football projections), how many regular season wins does this team finish with? What is required for this season to be a success...in your eyes anyway?

Remaining schedule...

Boise State
@Hawaii
@Fresno State
Utah State
@Colorado State
San Jose State
Air Force
@New Mexico
All very winnable. All very losable. Which way is the gun pointed - am I getting shot for wins or losses?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Boise-loss
Hawaii-loss
Fresno-loss
But hen I think we beat the teams we should.

Utah State- win
Colorado State-win
San Jose state-win
Air Force- win
New Mexico- win

Basically I think that we are good enough to beat the lesser teams in the conference but don’t think we have the offensive numbers and playmakers to beat the better teams in the conference
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

6-6 is my take, as Utah St does scare me some, we shall see, would love 7-5 tho!!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

As ugly as this season has been at times, its certainly not over and we are certainly a better team than we have shown. Every game on the remaining schedule is WINNABLE. This staff has given the impression that they don't give a rip about out of conference games and I expect a different looking team starting next weekend. I certainly don't think we go 8-0 from here but I think we have a good shot at going 6-0 at home this season and pick up a couple on the road.

We catch Boise at home, after a BYE. There really isnt a better scenario for us. I actually think we will show up well for this game. Bohl has a knack to scheme for Boise really well. I thought FOR sure we were going to get blown off the blue turf last year but the argument can be made that we were in the drivers seat to win last year. Gotta finish them off when you have them down.

Hawaii and Fresno State right after Boise sucks. I think we show up well, but ultimately lose these ones on the Road.

Utah State is a better team than expected. That being said, we beat them. It's homecoming, its a good start time, the crowd should be rocking, Pokes roll.

CSU. The boot isn't leaving Laramie. Nothing about CSUs performances say they are leaps and bounds better than us, we will prevail.

SJSU is redemption. Think we roll big.

AF. Hazelton always seems to have their number, should be a win.

UNM. Same as AF. Should win.
Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 am We catch Boise at home, after a BYE. There really isnt a better scenario for us.
Again, Boise is on a bye too. They too have an extra week to prepare.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:31 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 am We catch Boise at home, after a BYE. There really isnt a better scenario for us.
Again, Boise is on a bye too. They too have an extra week to prepare.
No doubt. I'm just talking about the benefit to us. This game is going to be a tough one regardless but Id rather our team be rested and healed than not.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 am
Utah State... the crowd should be rocking, Pokes roll.
You think the crowd will be "rocking" after a likely 3 game losing streak?
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 am As ugly as this season has been at times, its certainly not over and we are certainly a better team than we have shown. Every game on the remaining schedule is WINNABLE. This staff has given the impression that they don't give a rip about out of conference games and I expect a different looking team starting next weekend. I certainly don't think we go 8-0 from here but I think we have a good shot at going 6-0 at home this season and pick up a couple on the road.

We catch Boise at home, after a BYE. There really isnt a better scenario for us. I actually think we will show up well for this game. Bohl has a knack to scheme for Boise really well. I thought FOR sure we were going to get blown off the blue turf last year but the argument can be made that we were in the drivers seat to win last year. Gotta finish them off when you have them down.

Hawaii and Fresno State right after Boise sucks. I think we show up well, but ultimately lose these ones on the Road.

Utah State is a better team than expected. That being said, we beat them. It's homecoming, its a good start time, the crowd should be rocking, Pokes roll.

CSU. The boot isn't leaving Laramie. Nothing about CSUs performances say they are leaps and bounds better than us, we will prevail.

We've already dropped one at home so 6-0 is out.
The defense will have to come up with 3 to 4 scores for us to beat Boise.
Utah St is going to be tough.
San Jose St is essentially an FCS school so hopefully we can squeak that out with 17 seconds left again.
Air force is Air Force.

I think we go 3-3 at home this season.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand

cali2wyo wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:21 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 am
Utah State... the crowd should be rocking, Pokes roll.
You think the crowd will be "rocking" after a likely 3 game losing streak?
It's homecoming with an early afternoon start. It will be close to the Washington St game in crowd size. If that becomes our fourth straight loss it will be the last time the War sees a decent crowd for the season.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

If we get demolished by Boise St. (seems likely) and then lose the next 2 we will have 15 K in the stands for USU regardless of weather.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

calpoke25 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:48 pm If we get demolished by Boise St. (seems likely) and then lose the next 2 we will have 15 K in the stands for USU regardless of weather.
I'd bet otherwise. Homecoming will have 20k+ regardless
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

cowpoke pride wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:02 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:12 am As ugly as this season has been at times, its certainly not over and we are certainly a better team than we have shown. Every game on the remaining schedule is WINNABLE. This staff has given the impression that they don't give a rip about out of conference games and I expect a different looking team starting next weekend. I certainly don't think we go 8-0 from here but I think we have a good shot at going 6-0 at home this season and pick up a couple on the road.

We've already dropped one at home so 6-0 is out.
Derp derp. Good call. Not sure what I was thinking....

5-1 here we come!!! Haha thanks Cowpoke
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

calpoke25 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:48 pm ... we will have 15 K in the stands for USU regardless of weather.
There is an easy solution to that: Free Beer.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:43 pm
calpoke25 wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:48 pm ... we will have 15 K in the stands for USU regardless of weather.
There is an easy solution to that: Free Beer.
Uh, you want Wyoming Athletics to go bankrupt?
LKGates
Ranch Hand

Enjoy the bye, guys!
If I may make a suggestion, pull on your Aggie blue and fighting white gear, fire up ESPN2, and watch us take care of the 'Bolts!
As always, wishing you the best of luck in every game but one!
Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

LKGates wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:01 pm Enjoy the bye, guys!
If I may make a suggestion, pull on your Aggie blue and fighting white gear, fire up ESPN2, and watch us take care of the 'Bolts!
As always, wishing you the best of luck in every game but one!
Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!
Watching. Go Aggies. Watch your knees.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

I think after getting a better look at the league, the Hawaii and Utah State games are going to be the difference between Wyoming being a winning team or a losing team. I don't see us being able to score enough on Fresno and Boise and we are talented enough to beat all four of the last teams. I think we are a much better matchup with Hawaii and USU just based on our defensive units.. if we are healthy I think they should be wins.