Sean Chambers

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

wyofan4life5 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:20 am I’m ready to see what chambers has to offer. Anyone know how he has been producing at practice? Would love to see him get a shot the last 4 games.
I agree. Might as well see if he can provide a spark. But the staff probably doesn't even know there is a new rule where you can play four games and still keep your redshirt
CasparMilquetoast
Ranch Hand

They should play Chambers or even Smith. TVW is a swing and a miss by this coaching staff. He doesn't have the 'it' factor from what I can tell so far.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Gotta wait until game 9...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

CasparMilquetoast wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:15 am They should play Chambers or even Smith. TVW is a swing and a miss by this coaching staff. He doesn't have the 'it' factor from what I can tell so far.
Is that you, Nick?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:10 am
CasparMilquetoast wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:15 am They should play Chambers or even Smith. TVW is a swing and a miss by this coaching staff. He doesn't have the 'it' factor from what I can tell so far.
Is that you, Nick?
Beat me to it!

TVW is fine. The receivers just need to stop dropping balls, and occasionally we need pass plays that actually go to the sticks rather than just 3 out of the 8 yards needed. How is anybody going to be able to get in a rhythm if most of our possessions are 3 and out?
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

TVW has to pass on 3rd and plus 6 yards on most of his pass plays. If Josh Allen’s numbers looked like poop when places in the same scenario I’m not sure we should expect more out of either of the freshmen QBs.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:42 am
Poke in New England wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:10 am
Is that you, Nick?
Beat me to it!

TVW is fine. The receivers just need to stop dropping balls, and occasionally we need pass plays that actually go to the sticks rather than just 3 out of the 8 yards needed. How is anybody going to be able to get in a rhythm if most of our possessions are 3 and out?
I wouldn’t say he is fine. Things like falling down for a 8 yard loss instead of throwing the ball away are on him and he’s made plenty of those type of plays himself. Those are on him. I agree our offensive woes run much deeper than him individually but he isn’t innocent.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

calpoke25 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:39 pm I wouldn’t say he is fine. Things like falling down for a 8 yard loss instead of throwing the ball away are on him and he’s made plenty of those type of plays himself. Those are on him. I agree our offensive woes run much deeper than him individually but he isn’t innocent.
Yeah, that's fair... he has bad habits, and not throwing the ball away is one of those (or getting intentional grounding when he waits too long to do so). On the other hand, he also doesn't seem to force throws he shouldn't make, so that's a small plus.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I am no expert but one thing I noticed in the Hawaii game was that TVW seemed to struggle with accuracy while on the run/rolling out. Which makes sense but makes you appreciate how good Allen was at that and it seems to be important with the protection he is getting.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

If we lose to USU on Saturday and fail to do anything on offense (most likely) might as well see what Chambers has for the last 4 games. Not saying it will help but it might put us in better position next year getting him some experience.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I doubt they even give him real reps. Probably giving them to nick so he can stink it up too and then he gone. If Sean isn’t getting backup reps, I’d be disappointed
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

TSpoke wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:49 pm I am no expert but one thing I noticed in the Hawaii game was that TVW seemed to struggle with accuracy while on the run/rolling out. Which makes sense but makes you appreciate how good Allen was at that and it seems to be important with the protection he is getting.
I've noticed that too and very much so against Fresno. Rolling out TVW has done little to help the protection because of his inaccuracy on the run. Allen was the opposite of little accuracy with a good pocket but elite ability on the run.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

hmm
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

and this was yesterday
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

It’s Chambers Time
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Amazing accuracy in OP. No way to know what would be different this season if they started running him out there wofford week as suggested.

Now the key is saving a year with not playing him 1 game. Such a weird situation. I think the right thing to do is start tvw against San Jose and see if you can sit chambers against them.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:45 am Amazing accuracy in OP. No way to know what would be different this season if they started running him out there wofford week as suggested.

Now the key is saving a year with not playing him 1 game. Such a weird situation. I think the right thing to do is start tvw against San Jose and see if you can sit chambers against them.
I think bohl rides him regardless. He said something about being fair to the seniors. I’m not entirely sure that we can beat Spartans without him.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:45 am Amazing accuracy in OP. No way to know what would be different this season if they started running him out there wofford week as suggested.

Two games if we qualify for a bowl
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:11 am

I think bohl rides him regardless. He said something about being fair to the seniors. I’m not entirely sure that we can beat Spartans without him.
I think they'll play Chambers until we lose one, then sit him to keep the redshirt. But I can see us winning out after last night's performance, and Chambers will be a sophomore next year