Sean Chambers

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

It's probably too much to ask from vanilla Vigen, but could Chambers be a spark for this offense? Not giving up on TVW by any means but if we got creative with Chambers running around out there in a few specialized sets we could throw a major wrench in what is typically an easy game plan for other defenses. With the new redshirt rule there's really nothing to lose in at least giving it a shot, unless the coaches feel he is that far off from the D1 game. With Wofford coming in why not?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:51 pm It's probably too much to ask from vanilla Vigen, but could Chambers be a spark for this offense? Not giving up on TVW by any means but if we got creative with Chambers running around out there in a few specialized sets we could throw a major wrench in what is typically an easy game plan for other defenses. With the new redshirt rule there's really nothing to lose in at least giving it a shot, unless the coaches feel he is that far off from the D1 game. With Wofford coming in why not?
Great point! I agree that if we get a lead then we should see what Chambers has.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:52 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:51 pm It's probably too much to ask from vanilla Vigen, but could Chambers be a spark for this offense? Not giving up on TVW by any means but if we got creative with Chambers running around out there in a few specialized sets we could throw a major wrench in what is typically an easy game plan for other defenses. With the new redshirt rule there's really nothing to lose in at least giving it a shot, unless the coaches feel he is that far off from the D1 game. With Wofford coming in why not?
Great point! I agree that if we get a lead then we should see what Chambers has.
He gets 4 games until the redshirt comes off, so I agree - give him some PT when it fits. Of course, that is asking for an act of god coming from Vigen.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

might not be a bad idea, get some PT and experience!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I get the feeling that this staff doesn’t really believe in outside the box thinking. I don’t know if they even fully grasp the new RS rule.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

calpoke25 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:28 am I get the feeling that this staff doesn’t really believe in outside the box thinking. I don’t know if they even fully grasp the new RS rule.
:rofl:
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I would love to see what this kid is made of, but right now it doesn't matter who is playing QB. Coaching staff is not putting these guys in a position to succeed
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

calpoke25 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:28 am I get the feeling that this staff doesn’t really believe in outside the box thinking. I don’t know if they even fully grasp the new RS rule.
I'm pretty sure they understand the rule. Whether they decide to get creative with it? :whistle:
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

These guys eat sleep and breathe Cowboy Football. I know some don't realize it but Division I Football is incredibly more complex than you can imagine.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

poke_addict wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:58 pm
These guys eat sleep and breathe Cowboy Football. I know some don't realize it but Division I Football is incredibly more complex than you can imagine.
THIS

Also we have a young QB who needs all the reps he can get
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

poke_addict wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:58 pm
Exactly my point, Division 1 football is very complex. Have you seen our offense? Not exactly high level.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

If there is a change made...anybody on the radar for coordinator? Or do we see the playbook open up when conf play starts as in these games are treated as pre-season?
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

BJC wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:14 pm If there is a change made...anybody on the radar for coordinator? Or do we see the playbook open up when conf play starts as in these games are treated as pre-season?
I wouldn't count on the play book getting opened up but you never know. As far as Chambers goes I hope they utilize the new rule and get him some experience. At the very least they could bring him in for a series as a change of pace guy. I'm not holding my breath tho.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:27 pm
BJC wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:14 pm If there is a change made...anybody on the radar for coordinator? Or do we see the playbook open up when conf play starts as in these games are treated as pre-season?
I wouldn't count on the play book getting opened up but you never know. As far as Chambers goes I hope they utilize the new rule and get him some experience. At the very least they could bring him in for a series as a change of pace guy. I'm not holding my breath tho.
Is Chambers a change of pace? Aren't they both athletic Qb's with a strong arm? Chambers may be more athletic than TVW but I don't know that. I have a feeling Chambers has a way to go before he is able to see the field.
That being said I wouldn't be against him getting some expeience at the end of the season. The worry with using him early is if an injury occurs in the one of the last games and we can't use him without burning his redshirt because we used him earlier in the season.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

TSpoke wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:01 pm
Is Chambers a change of pace? Aren't they both athletic Qb's with a strong arm? Chambers may be more athletic than TVW but I don't know that. I have a feeling Chambers has a way to go before he is able to see the field.
That being said I wouldn't be against him getting some expeience at the end of the season. The worry with using him early is if an injury occurs in the one of the last games and we can't use him without burning his redshirt because we used him earlier in the season.
Great point on the using him early comment...although, we have Nick!!! :thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

From what I understand TVW and chambers are pretty similar style QBs right? I think Chambers even came from a spread type offense so might not be ready to go unless it’s the end of the year up or down big time on the score board.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

TSpoke wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:01 pm
I could be wrong but I thought Chambers was quicker. Either way getting him some experience in his 4 games would be beneficial to him.
Jellystone
Buckaroo

something tells me that we may see changes in the next few weeks, I’m thinking that the results of the next two weeks will have an impact on what they do with SC at the end of the season.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

If chambers can run for his life better maybe he’d have more success in this crummy, predictable offense
wyofan4life5
Ranch Hand

I’m ready to see what chambers has to offer. Anyone know how he has been producing at practice? Would love to see him get a shot the last 4 games.