Avante Cox

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Did anyone notice this tweet by Gags? That really blows, Cox has been one of the few bright spots on O.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

That sucks. I can only guess why. He has talent
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Damn.... for real?

Sucks
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

That is strange. Must be a serious reason. The Pokes can’t afford to lose any receivers.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

He got recruited over with Rocket. That would piss me off if I were avante.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:59 pm He got recruited over with Rocket. That would piss me off if I were avante.
I heard this comment from a P5 coach over the weekend. I thought it was interesting, and actually fits this situation if the above is what truly happened.

"My job is to out-recruit the current roster and continue to raise the level of the program. Their job is to keep their job, and that will only happen with hard work and determination."
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

He was looking good to start the season. Hate to see him go, but wish him the best of luck.
specialteamsguru
Buckaroo
Has liked: 2 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:05 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:59 pm He got recruited over with Rocket. That would piss me off if I were avante.
I heard this comment from a P5 coach over the weekend. I thought it was interesting, and actually fits this situation if the above is what truly happened.

"My job is to out-recruit the current roster and continue to raise the level of the program. Their job is to keep their job, and that will only happen with hard work and determination."
The "Hard work and determination" demand rings hollow when your new recruit has more drops per game than your other receivers have been targeted. Rewarding mediocrity lowers the bar and erodes trust.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

I don't think Rocket has anything to do with this personally. Maybe I'm wrong but Cox was getting plenty of playing time and Rocket is a Junior.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

"Personal Reasons" - that could mean anything. Wish the kid nothing but the best.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

didn't want to face a loooong Wyo winter, lol
Football Fan 22
Buckaroo

Avante was targeted 2 times in three games. Avante was listed as the starter for his position but Ismail received more playing time and targets in the same position. Ismail also had more dropped passes than most receivers had targets. Avante reason for leaving was personal, personally he felt under valued. None of you noticed that after Avante scored a TD against WSU he never went back into the game. WYO was winning 19-13 at halftime. Go back and watch the game but Ismail dropped a wide open TD pass along with three other drops.
1tallpoke
Buckaroo

Yep man earns a job spring and fall. Burns shirt last year and can get on the field for political reasons. No trust!
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Reviving a month old thread? Two users with 4 total posts, all discussing Avante Cox and how he was wronged?

Couldn't be a family member...
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:14 pm Reviving a month old thread? Two users with 4 total posts, all discussing Avante Cox and how he was wronged?

Even so, they have a point. The kid got the short end of the stick.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

DVDA wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:08 pm
BackHarlowRoad wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:14 pm Reviving a month old thread? Two users with 4 total posts, all discussing Avante Cox and how he was wronged?

Even so, they have a point. The kid got the short end of the stick.
Same here. I think he was better than the extent he was being utilized. That said, quitting is just not palatable to me. Stick it out. There are a lot of people who have been wronged in more ways than one.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Football Fan 22 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:10 pm Avante reason for leaving was personal, personally he felt under valued.
Well if this is Avante's reason for leaving than Wyoming is absolutely better off without him. It's the kind of attitude of 'I don't like something so I am going to take my ball and go home' that makes me sick. The guy I want is the guy that says 'I'm going to work my tail off and leave the coach no choice but to play me.' Quitting in the middle of the season (if this is the reason as it appears based on these posts), I certainly don't want you on any team of mine...be it a work team, football team, the band, you name it.

Whoever 'Football Fan 22' and '1tallpoke' are, be it family members, friends or Avante himself, you aren't doing the kid any favors IMO.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:58 am The guy I want is the guy that says 'I'm going to work my tail off and leave the coach no choice but to play me.'
Nico Evans did this, even though some people claim to not believe the narrative with him asking what he'd need to do to win the #1 spot. Anybody who watched him during his few carries last season should be able to tell the difference in the decisiveness with which he hits the gaps, and how he no longer goes down at first contact.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:00 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:58 am The guy I want is the guy that says 'I'm going to work my tail off and leave the coach no choice but to play me.'
Nico Evans did this, even though some people claim to not believe the narrative with him asking what he'd need to do to win the #1 spot. Anybody who watched him during his few carries last season should be able to tell the difference in the decisiveness with which he hits the gaps, and how he no longer goes down at first contact.
Absolutely, Nico had a chip on his shoulder and worked his tail off and it shows. The amazing thing is that Nico is a former 3rd stringer that may have worked and played himself into an NFL shot. Watching him now, I think Nico's game translates better to the current NFL than Brian Hill's game.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I was actually going to bring him up and how i thought he should be targeted instead of Conway. I too thought it is weird we haven’t seen him after his TD in the WSU game
W-Y, Until I Die!