The schedule wasn’t kind to the pokes this year

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

We should walk into conference play at 2-2 but did we ever draw the short end of the stick in season play.

Right after our non conference slate we draw the following

Boise State- routinely the best program in the mwc.

Hawaii- on the island is never an easy out but this year they look the part of a contender in the conference.

Fresno- the reigning west division champion in Fresno.

From there we hit the easier part of the schedule but we will be playing our best teams five out of the first seven games. Just hope we are healthy for the lesser opponents on the back end.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

Utah State hung 60 on New Mexico St. last night. Newsflash....we are the “lesser end” of other team’s schedules. Enjoy the Wofford (maybe) win. Could be this team’s last victory for a long time.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I am so tired of everyone's negative crap. Hell yes i am pissed that we lost, hell yes I'm pissed at how we have been losing, but I also realize who we have played. You really believe USU can put those numbers up on our defense???? I don't! I also don't believe we will be punchless against them either. We will still be bowling at the end of the year. The offense is improving, albeit slowly but they will become more lively come conference play.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

aranderson wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:08 pm I am so tired of everyone's negative crap. Hell yes i am pissed that we lost, hell yes I'm pissed at how we have been losing, but I also realize who we have played. You really believe USU can put those numbers up on our defense???? I don't! I also don't believe we will be punchless against them either. We will still be bowling at the end of the year. The offense is improving, albeit slowly but they will become more lively come conference play.
[urlhttp://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=401012880][/url]
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

aranderson wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:08 pm I am so tired of everyone's negative crap. Hell yes i am pissed that we lost, hell yes I'm pissed at how we have been losing, but I also realize who we have played. You really believe USU can put those numbers up on our defense???? I don't! I also don't believe we will be punchless against them either. We will still be bowling at the end of the year. The offense is improving, albeit slowly but they will become more lively come conference play.
...and that is? San Jose only coughed up 31 to Wazzu last night. Missouri isn't ranked either. Pretty good teams, but not markedly better than some of the teams in this post-Wofford stretch that is coming. It's not smooth sailing from here, there are some tough games ahead. Do I think teams will be going wild on the defense? No, but that isn't required to lose games.

Plenty of time to turn things around, but I wouldn't dismiss the MW slate. Pokes won't play a gimme game in conference until November 3rd.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Anyone that thinks any conference game is a gimmie is delusional. Remember UNLV in 16’? We have to come to play every week or we could lose a lot. I still think with mediocre offense that can put up 17-24 pts, we’d be second best in mtn
W-Y, Until I Die!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I see and understand everything that's been pointed out. However I clearly remember being in this similar position last year. I also realize this is a different season. I do know that our boys played two teams very good on the offensive side of the ball, one of them happened to be very good on the defensive side as well. I still firmly believe at a minimum we get 6 wins. We beat CSU, USU, San Jose, New Mexico, Air Force, and of course Wofford. The one team that has me worried out of those 6 is USU, however I also believe that we will be ready for all these teams. Not a one has a Quarterback like Lock, or an offensive guru like Leach. Our boys were outclassed by Pac12 and SEC talent. We are not a P5 team. We never will be, I just like going to bowl games again on the regular for now. Championships will come at some point.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

aranderson wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:46 pm I see and understand everything that's been pointed out. However I clearly remember being in this similar position last year. I also realize this is a different season. I do know that our boys played two teams very good on the offensive side of the ball, one of them happened to be very good on the defensive side as well. I still firmly believe at a minimum we get 6 wins. We beat CSU, USU, San Jose, New Mexico, Air Force, and of course Wofford. The one team that has me worried out of those 6 is USU, however I also believe that we will be ready for all these teams. Not a one has a Quarterback like Lock, or an offensive guru like Leach. Our boys were outclassed by Pac12 and SEC talent. We are not a P5 team. We never will be, I just like going to bowl games again on the regular for now. Championships will come at some point.
Best post. Couldn’t agree more.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

aranderson wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:46 pm I see and understand everything that's been pointed out. However I clearly remember being in this similar position last year. I also realize this is a different season. I do know that our boys played two teams very good on the offensive side of the ball, one of them happened to be very good on the defensive side as well. I still firmly believe at a minimum we get 6 wins. We beat CSU, USU, San Jose, New Mexico, Air Force, and of course Wofford. The one team that has me worried out of those 6 is USU, however I also believe that we will be ready for all these teams. Not a one has a Quarterback like Lock, or an offensive guru like Leach. Our boys were outclassed by Pac12 and SEC talent. We are not a P5 team. We never will be, I just like going to bowl games again on the regular for now. Championships will come at some point.
Or an offensive line better than the Bills offensive line.

While both losses really sucked and hurt our pride, how many on this board TRULY believed that we would be going in into the Wofford game anything other than 1-2 or worse? We knew the slate we had would be tough and it was. Theres no reason to write off the season yet. Wyoming will get its winning feet back under it this weekend and we'll see where we go from there. I saw some things in the all three games that make me concerned, no doubt but I also saw TVW gradually start catching up with the game. I am not saying he's going to be JA but I think he can be a serviceable game manager this season and lead us to a conference championship, which after these losses the best we can hope for.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:55 am
Or an offensive line better than the Bills offensive line.

While both losses really sucked and hurt our pride, how many on this board TRULY believed that we would be going in into the Wofford game anything other than 1-2 or worse? We knew the slate we had would be tough and it was. Theres no reason to write off the season yet. Wyoming will get its winning feet back under it this weekend and we'll see where we go from there. I saw some things in the all three games that make me concerned, no doubt but I also saw TVW gradually start catching up with the game. I am not saying he's going to be JA but I think he can be a serviceable game manager this season and lead us to a conference championship, which after these losses the best we can hope for.
Conference championship??? This Wyoming team looks like maybe a 4-5 win team.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

Definitely agree that competitive is possible if offense progresses. I think BSU smashes us. Fresno might. HI on the island is going to get their points. This is where the offense has to be there or we drop that game. I'll bet usu is favored, but a win is attainable. Csu and AF are always a toss up.

It wouldn't surprise me to be really competitive or drop 5+ conference games. Its going to be interesting. We don't know for sure how bad the o is until we see it against the weak MWC defenses. Weak defenses and advancement by the O could push us to a decent record. I think bsu is legit so I don't believe we'll challenge them for the title.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

I like the schedule...2 weeks to prepare for Boise at home. Also 2 weeks to get Evans and Fort back hopefully.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:48 pm I like the schedule...2 weeks to prepare for Boise at home. Also 2 weeks to get Evans and Fort back hopefully.
So does Boise.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

We're gonna see how our coaches react to MWC play and if we don't see improvement as it's been said b4 maybe it's time to look at a new OC and changes across the board, a D this good has gotten it's tails whipped by P5 schools, we're truly gonna see from here on out esp starting with Wofford(who?)
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

J-Rod wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:57 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:48 pm I like the schedule...2 weeks to prepare for Boise at home. Also 2 weeks to get Evans and Fort back hopefully.
So does Boise.
Yep...Boise has a bye week the same week we do (9/22/18). In other words, bye-week-nullified.

Question is - is it better to play an "Oklahoma State" or a "Wofford" prior to your bye week? :roll:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Next 4 games don't look good. Jury is out on joser and the sheep.

Hope injuries are playing a HUGE role right how and once we get people back it won't be quite as bad.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Welp, with injuries. We were beating WSU 19-13 when Nico went out. When he went out the sails went out and we lost 41-19. We went to Mizzou short handed by injuries and lost 40-13.
Boise had everybody on their roster a senior (best qb) Rypien and just lost 44-21. Looks pretty similar to Wyo’s scores. And ours were with a roster riddled by injury and a Freshman Qb... who knows what can happen. The game is in Laramie. If we have several of our guys back, and it sounds like Bohl is pretty optimistic about having several key guys back by then, we may be looking at what we had in the beginning of the WSU game.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

kansasCowboy wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:57 am Welp, with injuries. We were beating WSU 19-13 when Nico went out. When he went out the sails went out and we lost 41-19. We went to Mizzou short handed by injuries and lost 40-13.
Boise had everybody on their roster a senior (best qb) Rypien and just lost 44-21. Looks pretty similar to Wyo’s scores. And ours were with a roster riddled by injury and a Freshman Qb... who knows what can happen. The game is in Laramie. If we have several of our guys back, and it sounds like Bohl is pretty optimistic about having several key guys back by then, we may be looking at what we had in the beginning of the WSU game.
I don't think we can beat Bosie but maybe we can compete and build some momentum and steal one against either Hawaii or USU. We will need to get at least one of those to have a decent shot at a bowl game.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I watched the BSU-OSU game; I think OSU's D is underrated. I don't remember names but they had a couple of real athletic d linemen. They are likely T10 in the next few weeks. Anyone willing to bet that Mizzou or WSU sniffs a T10 this year? If you think they will, let me know what you'd like to put on the line.

If we stay within 2 TDs of BSU, I'll be shocked.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I watched the Boise St. / Okie St. Game as well. That score is mis leading somewhat. OSU blocked 2 Boise St. Punts for TD's. Which made it look like it was worse than it really was. Obviously blocking punts and scoring are part of the game but it wasn't the OSU offense that marched the whole way down the field for 2 of those scores.
I think Boise will destroy Wyoming. Wyoming will be lucky to win 3 more games this year unless something drastic changes.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….