The perfect conference for WYO

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

It would be better to take the "WAC" name back, but the best the "mwc" or wyomings conference would be.

ADD Gonzaga, Wichita, BYU, and Houston,

Wyoming
Air Force
CSU
New Mexico
UTEP
Houston
Tulane
SMU

Boise st
Nevada
Unlv
BYU
Utah st
Fresno
Hawaii
San Diego st

Gonzaga
Wichita
San Francisco
Long Beach
Denver
Pepperdine

8 team playoff will change college football.

markets added : Los Angeles, Houston, San Francisco, Dallas, Denver, New Orleans, Spokane, Wichita, El Paso
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

too much texas
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

I really like this idea but UW having to play SMU, UTEP, and Houston makes me sad. Denver should be in the the same side of the bracket as UW, CSU, AF, etc.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

Is this about basketball? None of the teams in your bottom tier even have football teams.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Starting realignment threads during the season is like masturbating at an orgy ...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Wyovanian wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:47 am Starting realignment threads during the season is like masturbating at an orgy ...
Touche' :lol:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyovanian wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:47 am Starting realignment threads during the season is like masturbating at an orgy ...
So you're saying realignment threads is a good way to avoid getting VDs?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:06 pm
So you're saying realignment threads is a good way to avoid getting VDs?
Don't you mean STDs? Basically both are the same thing.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Geographically, I'm fine with UTEP and NMSU, but wonder if the other Texas schools and into Louisiana would be getting too far east.

Unless there was a shift, where the west division split off completely and schools in the Mountain Division then joined the Texas teams.

I know the attitude around here towards them and I know it will never happen, but I always thought we profiled better with schools like Montana and Montana State than we do with Fresno or Hawaii.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:33 am
Touche' :lol:
Maybe you’re just pregaming
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Nah its good just they way it is
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

God damn it, you're back with this poop?
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:09 pm Geographically, I'm fine with UTEP and NMSU, but wonder if the other Texas schools and into Louisiana would be getting too far east.

Unless there was a shift, where the west division split off completely and schools in the Mountain Division then joined the Texas teams.

I know the attitude around here towards them and I know it will never happen, but I always thought we profiled better with schools like Montana and Montana State than we do with Fresno or Hawaii.
Yeah lifting the Montana or Dakota schools up to Wyoming level would never make sense as being good for wyo. or the conference.

The idea should be how does the conference Wyoming plays in place itself as the closest thing possible to the power conferences. That needs schools with the highest potential. A way for the school to create top teams.

if this conference doesn't strengthen itself it will wait and find itself stripped when the power conferences ever make another change, esp if it's something to do with the PAC 12 and or Texas and a few of those schools.

What if other conferences need a new member or 2 and look at mwc schools? We need to make sure losing 2 or 4 of these don't break up the low standing we have now. I assume other conferences would look at mwc teams like:

1- unlv, nm
3- boise, San Diego
4-fsu maybe the rest from there.

Houston would have more elite potential in football than any team currently. Even Boise. The big inprovment my conference idea adds for football potential is a 3 game bracket adding sos power.

Basketball would have a top 5 program in the country with Gonzaga. What they've done has been amazing. They'll keep getting better too

The goal for the conference in basketball is higher than settling in as the 6th best football conference. In basketball the goal is to stand with the top group.

I think what Gonzaga has done is miraculous and almost impossible to repeat. But you try to repeat it anyway. By following its model. This is how we choose the non football schools to add to the conference

Location/market/fan base potential: Spokane is a pretty big market with no pro sports. Washington state had never been a basketball power. I'm not sure I can think of a really relatable market without fb teams. El Paso? So since I can't find that mid market I want to go only big.

I really want an LA presence. I like Long Beach state as a high potential school with our conference pulling them above all those other schools in ca. I personally like Pepperdine as the other high potential if they were willing to commit a lot more money.

We just need a conference that everyone realizes is in the west there's the PAC and the big 12 and there's the mwc/wac/whatever and then that's it. All the other schools would be at a bigger gap down than they are now
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Ok I'll start simple. If possible to add I assume Houston, BYU, Gonzaga, and Wichita st are no brained adds?

Where do you draw your line on non fb schools. How do you rank their potential to become elite programs and bring positive to the conference with market exposure.

Denver
Long Beach
Pepperdine
San Francisco
Grand Canyon?
Seattle
Portland
Fullerton
Chaminade?
Old dominion?
Alaska
St Mary's
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Sometimes I hesitate on whether or not to want to add football schools because we might want to be ready for when or if Texas breaks up the big 12

If the big 12 ever broke up our conference would want to be in position to catch Kansas. That might end up w Texas is somehow tied with Tex tech and Oklahoma and ok st obviously would try to stay together but who would want the rest?

I'd only be mad about adding UTEP and Tulane and maybe a Memphis, and smu of all of a sudden we could have Kansas, even if that meant k state and tcu and? But maybe four more won't matter anyway once we have a 16 team year end bracket

Football divisions

-Tulane/SMU/Houston /UTEP

-wyo/csu/afa/nm

-BYU/usu/Boise/Nevada

-sdsu/fsu/haw/sjsu/unlv

18 teams. Play your own division and then 1 other each season. Atleast 2 most teams will play 3 playoff games. Some will play 4.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Basketball divisions

Wyo/Denver/afa/csu

Tulane/Memphis/Houston/SMU

NM/UTEP/Wichita/Fresno st

Unlv/Nevada/BYU/Utah state

Gonzaga/Boise/San Francisco/sjsu

Sdsu/Hawaii/lbsu/Pepperdine
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:46 pm Basketball divisions

Wyo/Denver/afa/csu

Tulane/Memphis/Houston/SMU

NM/UTEP/Wichita/Fresno st

Unlv/Nevada/BYU/Utah state

Gonzaga/Boise/San Francisco/sjsu

Sdsu/Hawaii/lbsu/Pepperdine
Start conference tourney before the rest. 24 teams. Top 8 teams get Day 1 bye. 16 team tourney with 8 team toilet bowl bracket. Losers go into losers bracket until semis where losers play consolation game.

i believe Wyoming will be the power of its division. But look at the strength of some of those divisions and how difficult a rotation of going to some of those would be.

I think you play your own division twice and then prob get 3 of the other divisions each year
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Woa dude. Are you like manic right now? I can't follow how all of this could come together. Kinda fun to think about i guess?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Nah, its good when we are, few and far between good vs mediocre, but we're Wyoming and we are supposed to expect that year after year
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

I think you ought to find a new hobby.