The perfect conference for WYO

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:42 am I think you ought to find a new hobby.
Bingo. Starting expansion/ realignment thread in the middle of football season is the acme of ADHD...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:14 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:42 am I think you ought to find a new hobby.
Bingo. Starting expansion/ realignment thread in the middle of football season is the acme of ADHD...
Well I don't have a lot to say about Wyoming football. Actually yeah I do. These coaches have the overall talent level rising higher than it has for 20+years. The playing and offensive scheme is as bad as possible. Yeah there are some improvements in some certain position groups but overall I want to see this program continue. Just with a new offensive coordinator. My pick is Steve spurrier jr
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:14 pm
To be fair, he started it in September and bumped it in the middle of football season... I'm not sure if that's any better
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Santa Barbara might be one of the California teams the conference needs

Gonzaga
Wichita st
Denver
Long Beach State
San Fransisco
Santa Barbara
Pepperdine
Chaminade

BYU
Houston

Only part up in the air is to take Tulane, SMU, UTEP, Memphis or to try to wait for big 12 to break up and shoot for Kansas and Kansas st. Prob with Baylor and tcu
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Look how an in conference playoff might look for this year

Semi finals of maybe
Utah st vs. San Diego st
Fresno vs. Boise

That might be giving the champions 2 top 15 wins in a row. A lot of years that should guarantee top non power 5 team.

This conference could control getting its top teams games against its other top teams toward the end of the seasons. And you would have those games replace what a lot of times are games against San Jose types. You're only having to play your division and another and then it's bracket style
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

On the basketball board they're saying wyo isn't a step up from USCB so I guess they must be a good fit
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Houston/tcu/Baylor/SMU/el P
Wyo/csu/afa/KANSAS/Kstate
Boise/BYU/usu/Nevada/newMex
Hawaii/sdsu/fsu/sjsu/unlv
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

“BYU”!!!!! Let’s not!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Poke-proud wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:02 pm “BYU”!!!!! Let’s not!
Don't want to strengthen the conference because of a personal dislike of BYU?

I like the idea of going to a Wyoming BYU game a lot better than I like the idea of going to a game against New Mexico State
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:11 am Houston/tcu/Baylor/SMU/el P
Wyo/csu/afa/KANSAS/Kstate
Boise/BYU/usu/Nevada/newMex
Hawaii/sdsu/fsu/sjsu/unlv
Since we are throwing the proverbial feces at the wall...how about we add the Alabama Crimson Tide, the Calgary Stampeders and the Denver Broncos.

...and move this topic to the Hole in the Wall OT board
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

Seriously I think I speak for a vast majority of poke fans when I say....f-word BYU.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

I get hating BYU, I just don't get the idea of not wanting to play them or not wanting them in conference.

It just seems a little Montana/North Dakota like to not want the best for the conference
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:03 am I get hating BYU, I just don't get the idea of not wanting to play them or not wanting them in conference.
Playing them means we're helping their program stay relevant and make money. I want that institution and its horrible practices to just shut down, unless they help prosecute all those administrators who have been part of hiding, shaming, and punishing the deed assault and rape victims.

"You were raped? That means you had pre-marital the deed and broke the honor code. Guess you're expelled!"

Just because they changed things slightly last year doesn't mean the administration didn't commit crimes.

THAT is why I don't want to play BYU. I'm all for rivalries and love trash talking the Sheep fans. I'm not all for pretending that BYU hasn't been condoning serious crimes for pretty much its entire existence.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Interesting tweets in this guys timeline. This guy claims to be connected to West Virginia and in the know about conference expansion. He was dead set that BYU and Cincinnati were joining the Big 12 a few years back so that discredits him a bit. Now he's saying the PAC12 is about to crumble. Says the AZ schools are about to bolt for the Big 12 and the Big 10 will swallow up USC, UCLA, Cal, Washington, Stanford and Oregon. That leaves some of the smaller PAC 12 schools looking for a home..

WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Big Ten taking 6 schools all in the Pacific time zone?? That'd be quite the stretch...both literally and figuratively.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:42 pm Big Ten taking 6 schools all in the Pacific time zone?? That'd be quite the stretch...both literally and figuratively.

Again not saying this guy is right but pretty interesting theory
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Definitely food for thought...while I think it could be a stretch athletically, academically it would make sense as all 6 schools are revered academic institutions and all members of the AAU. Guess it all depends on the TV dollars.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Wow.

I hadn't thought of the Arizona schools leaving the PAC but I just can't imagine it.

It makes so much more sense to think that Texas, Tex tech, ok, and ok state go to the PAC 16. My worry has always been if that happens does the mountain west break up to fill in the big 12. Wanting the mountain west to control the action of change instead of to wait on it happening.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

This writer underestimates the power of the PAC 12 and its history and the people that run it. Those schools aren't going anywhere.

Guy acting like the PAC would fold before the big 12

Washington isn't going anywhere without wazzu. Oregon isn't without Oregon state.

Best case scenerio is big 12 loses the 4 to the PAC. The big 10 can take West virgins, Iowa state. Mountain west can take the Kansas schools and Baylor/TCU.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Big Ten would never accept West Virginia as they aren't in the AAU/prestigious enough academically. Iowa State is a stretch, but that makes more sense than WVU.