Vigen claims Ofeense better than last year

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

After the first game Win Vigen stated - We love Josh Allen but he is not here and this years Offense is better than last years. Confirmed by players and coaches that he was not kidding.
I hope he was just trying to pump Offense up but REALLY -He has no Clue
As I have stated before this man couldn't coach high school football in Texas.
FIRE HIM or we SUCK again without JA
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

the man is arrogant/foolish (vigen)
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

KeepitrealWyo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:03 pm After the first game Win Vigen stated - We love Josh Allen but he is not here and this years Offense is better than last years. Confirmed by players and coaches that he was not kidding.
I hope he was just trying to pump Offense up but REALLY -He has no Clue
As I have stated before this man couldn't coach high school football in Texas.
FIRE HIM or we SUCK again without JA
Had he said that after Game 2, we would have to admit him to the psych ward. Things need to change. However, after Game 1, why wouldn't he think/say that? We gained 450 yards against NMSU. We came no where even near that number against anyone last year other than Gardner Webb (393).

Remember the 188 total yards of offense against Oregon last year? Don't underestimate how bad it was last year, haha.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

There's no question the ofeense is better, I'd even be willing to be this might bet the best ofeense wyoming's ever had!! Vigen knows what he's talking about it that regard..... the offense however..... remains as mediocre as ever...
Last edited by FarmerPoke on Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 228 times

Outside of the QB position, the offense is improved this year. The receiver corp is clearly better. At 126 out of 130 teams in FBS, there really isn't any way to go but up.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

KeepitrealWyo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:03 pm "...this years Offense is better than last years."
May so. But Vigen isn't. So it's wasted.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Not sure what "Ofeense" is, but the offense is better. Like 120 instead of 126.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:57 am Outside of the QB position, the offense is improved this year. The receiver corp is clearly better. At 126 out of 130 teams in FBS, there really isn't any way to go but up.
Do you ever hear Dave or Kevin say "receiver was wide open"? Me neither. That's because they are easy to cover with no safety help and have no speed.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

bladerunnr wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:44 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:57 am Outside of the QB position, the offense is improved this year. The receiver corp is clearly better. At 126 out of 130 teams in FBS, there really isn't any way to go but up.
Do you ever hear Dave or Kevin say "receiver was wide open"? Me neither. That's because they are easy to cover with no safety help and have no speed.
They are never open because our offense is predictable and easy to defend. On the ball that rocket dropped he flat burned the crap out of his defender and had two steps on him. There is talent at Wyoming on offense just no offensive coaching.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Run blocking is okay. Pass blocking has been terrible for a few years. QB shouldn't have to throw under pressure constantly.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:49 pm
They are never open because our offense is predictable and easy to defend. On the ball that rocket dropped he flat burned the crap out of his defender and had two steps on him. There is talent at Wyoming on offense just no offensive coaching.
That was a really beautifully thrown ball too. If TVW and Rocket start connecting, I hope to see a few of those go 80 yards.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 228 times

I don't hear Dave and Kevin say anything because I either go to the games or watch them on TV if they are away. I can only speak from what I see with my own eyes. Rocket runs crisp routes and gets separation. We didn't see much of that last year. You can look at my posts and see that I was very critical of the receivers last year. I have seen quite a bit of improvement year to year even if it hasn't amounted to increased production (a lot of that is because the coaching hasn't been willing to put the ball in TVW's hands at this point).