Who makes these lines?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We are +16.5 at Missouri. Not totally unreasonable but I would have thought the line would have been closer to 20. Hard for me to see us competitive in this game. We need to get turnovers galore to have a chance.

csewe at home +12 vs Arkansas. How in the hell is this even possible? The sheep defense (a charitable term) has given up 88 points in 2 games and CU had the scrubs in early. The sheep give Bobo a 3 year extension for 3 years of mediocre results and not a single win against a decent team. I'm aware of the "too good to be true" betting line. However, I've made a lot more money than lost on games like this. Talk about a schedule - csewe gets to visit Florida after Arkansas. The only way csewe is competitive is if the entire Arkansas team hits a pot shop before the game.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Vegas has to up their game after the Hawaii debacle of the last two weeks. CSU was -14 vs. UH, LOST by 9. Vegas double dipped and made Hawaii a double-digit dog at home, then Navy loses by 14 (and it wasn't really that close). They've been all over the place the first few weeks.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

1st couple of weeks are usually best for making money.

I hate it, but the WYO-WSU line was easy money.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:40 pm 1st couple of weeks are usually best for making money.

I hate it, but the WYO-WSU line was easy money.

I did the same thing. I always I hope I lose when I bet against us. I agree. Early season games have the weakest lines.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

The spread isn’t based on what Vegas thinks the actual point spread will be. It is to entice an equal number of bets for each team. For example, last week the spread for the UW - WSU game got smaller during the week. That meant too many people were taking Wyoming early.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

ZapPoke wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:04 pm The spread isn’t based on what Vegas thinks the actual point spread will be. It is to entice an equal number of bets for each team. For example, last week the spread for the UW - WSU game got smaller during the week. That meant too many people were taking Wyoming early.
Don't know what book you looked at but every off shore book including mine had an opening line at UW +1 and it ended at +3. So the books got killed. I never saw the line move toward Wyoming the entire week.