People need to relax!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Bohl is the best coach we have had here since Tiller. I f*****n hate losing more than anyone, but anyone who knows football can see the foundation is set. We ran the ball on good Pac 12 team without a passing game. the passing game will come along. I think we will compete with Mizzou and then after that we have a chance to win every game this year. Bohl is gonna win a few conference championships before he leaves. So F****** relax!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

The passing game wasn't there last year either with the #7 overall NFL draft pick, because EVERY TEAM knew exactly when the passes were coming and they were draped over our receivers. How many first downs did we get because there were no passing options on third downs, and then Allen had a mad scramble for yards where he ran somebody over (and how many times was he sacked when he didn't succeed)? Is that the only way we can have success?

There will be no passing game if the only time we pass is on third and long, because that is a situation where the quarterback already is in a no-win situation! This is year five of Vigen's offense. I know it's easy to blame the players, but man, everybody knows what our play call will be 90% of the time. Could we have better execution? Sure. I'm pretty sure no offense has perfect execution of plays, though, and that seems to be the only way we can succeed against teams that are at an equal or higher talent level than our own.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

We played for a conference championship 2 years ago and if Allen doesn't get hurt, pokes likely go 10-3 last year. I I think Bohl's plan is working.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

I'm 100% in support of Bohl, but anyone who believes that the offense is fine and does not need SERIOUS adjustment has their head in the sand.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

First, best coach since Tiller isn't saying much. Dimel had a better record. Washington st. is not a good pac 12 team and they won't be this year. We had 139 yards rushing - I'm not sure I consider that "good", especially when we had about 70 yards passing. Our Oline is slow and our Dline got pushed around yesterday. We are not a bad team - but I would say a mediocre team in a mediocre (at best) conference. The passing game didn't "come along" last year and I seriously doubt we have a decent passing game this year. Other than Josh Allen and Brett Smith, we've had unremarkable play at the qb position for the last 20 years. We have to hope TVW is the real deal because we have no other options, at least for this season.
Last edited by bladerunnr on Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Bohl is great. He’s got my support, I think he’s got everyone’s support. He’s a great leader and I’m proud he’s our coach. However, imo he’s got to make a tough personnel choice (shouldn’t be that tough if you separate emotion) if he wants to take this program to loftier heights. The offense is an anchor
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

I’d say we need to relax as well. We all wanted this one. We all wanted to think we’ve reached Boise type level of our program. We haven’t. Tyler missed some throws. Our Dline looked gassed. Bad penalties and inability to sustain drives in second half. Even the announcer on one occasions commented that D was in man it’ll be tough to throw WR screen on that play and what did we do? Threw a WR screeen that went no where.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:56 am I'm 100% in support of Bohl, but anyone who believes that the offense is fine and does not need SERIOUS adjustment has their head in the sand.
💯. Sitting in the stands we were in control the 2nd quarter. I was sitting by Cougar fans and you could just see them deflate after the safety and score.

Vigen screwed up the rest of the game, IMO.

I’m a Bohl fan but Vigen has to change the off scheme or he needs to go. The 2nd half was a offensive “zero”.

You can’t expect the defense to keep us in games when they’re on the field that long. Offense has to produce.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

WyoVaquero wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:22 am Bohl is the best coach we have had here since Tiller. I f*****n hate losing more than anyone, but anyone who knows football can see the foundation is set. We ran the ball on good Pac 12 team without a passing game. the passing game will come along. I think we will compete with Mizzou and then after that we have a chance to win every game this year. Bohl is gonna win a few conference championships before he leaves. So F****** relax!!
I am relaxed. I just disagree with you on a lot of points.

1.Wyoming will not compete with Mizzou next week. Can see a beat down coming in that one.

2.Washington St. is going to most likely be a bottom half of the PAC 12 team not a good one. So we did run the ball some on a mediocre at very best PAC 12 team.

3. I don't think we have a chance to win all of the remaining games. I can already see losses to Mizzou, Boise St, and Fresno St. Think we most likely lose at Hawaii.
Utah St. at home may or may not be a toss up. AFA is a toss up.

We will beat Wofford, CSU and New Mexico. This team will be lucky to finish 6-6 this year with the way Bohl and Vigen call the offense.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I’d take 6-6 happily at this point
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I like Bohl as our coach. He proved he can get to a conference championship game. That being said this conference isn’t that great compared to past years. DC was a Brett Smith concision away from beating TCU for a share of a conference title and I think we can all agree he was unremarkable as a coach. Point being it’s year five and he still has had the same problem in 4 of those 5 years. I find it a weird point that the only time he has sniffed a conference title was with a stellar offense, instead of a great defense. Go figure?
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:04 am First, best coach since Tiller isn't saying much. Dimel had a better record. Washington st. is not a good pac 12 team and they won't be this year. We had 139 yards rushing - I'm not sure I consider that "good", especially when we had about 70 yards passing. Our Oline is slow and our Dline got pushed around yesterday. We are not a bad team - but I would say a mediocre team in a mediocre (at best) conference. The passing game didn't "come along" last year and I seriously doubt we have a decent passing game this year. Other than Josh Allen and Brett Smith, we've had unremarkable play at the qb position for the last 20 years. We have to hope TVW is the real deal because we have no other options, at least for this season.
I guess you forgot about Casey Bramlet. Three 3,000 yard passing seasons and bowl win over UCLA
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

We are staring a t a 2-5 opening 7 games and depending on how the team mentally responds to that or injuries could easily finish with something like 4 wins. I’m relaxed, this is what I expected this year. Contrary to most though I’m not a 100% believer in Bohl. I don’t think his system is fundamentally going to work at Wyoming. It only works with bigger, stronger, faster, which means you’re winning the recruiting wars basically and Wyoming is never going to have the biggest, strongest and fastest players. We had one good year with a once in a generation alignment of NFL talent on offense and one decent year on the back of a top 10 QB. Otherwise Bohls tenure has been beyond awful.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

marcuswyo wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:09 pm I like Bohl as our coach. He proved he can get to a conference championship game. That being said this conference isn’t that great compared to past years. DC was a Brett Smith concision away from beating TCU for a share of a conference title and I think we can all agree he was unremarkable as a coach. Point being it’s year five and he still has had the same problem in 4 of those 5 years. I find it a weird point that the only time he has sniffed a conference title was with a stellar offense, instead of a great defense. Go figure?
calpoke25 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:43 pm We are staring a t a 2-5 opening 7 games and depending on how the team mentally responds to that or injuries could easily finish with something like 4 wins. I’m relaxed, this is what I expected this year. Contrary to most though I’m not a 100% believer in Bohl. I don’t think his system is fundamentally going to work at Wyoming. It only works with bigger, stronger, faster, which means you’re winning the recruiting wars basically and Wyoming is never going to have the biggest, strongest and fastest players. We had one good year with a once in a generation alignment of NFL talent on offense and one decent year on the back of a top 10 QB. Otherwise Bohls tenure has been beyond awful.
I don't even agree that our offense on the one year was all that stellar. Granted compared to our recent offense, we were great that year comparatively. But that one year where we sniffed the conference title, we were in a 3 way tie for the division and got the benefit of the tiebreaker to play in the conference championship game. Not like we dominated the division that year, we did well but we needed the benefit of the tiebreaker to play in the game. Also our stellar offense that year finished the season as 48th in total offense out of 128 teams. That is stellar compared to what we have these days (last year we finished 125th in total offense out of 129 teams), but still even on that year our offense was barely in the top 40% of offenses in the nation, again not really lighting it up.

We also had all that talent on offense the year before (albeit a year younger) and that year we finished with 2 wins and had an offense ranked 100 (of 127 teams).

My argument is even on the "best" offensive year with Bohl/Vigen we were very average on offense in my mind, and the other years have been downright awful
Last edited by WyomingAg on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

calpoke25 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:43 pm We are staring a t a 2-5 opening 7 games and depending on how the team mentally responds to that or injuries could easily finish with something like 4 wins. I’m relaxed, this is what I expected this year. Contrary to most though I’m not a 100% believer in Bohl. I don’t think his system is fundamentally going to work at Wyoming. It only works with bigger, stronger, faster, which means you’re winning the recruiting wars basically and Wyoming is never going to have the biggest, strongest and fastest players. We had one good year with a once in a generation alignment of NFL talent on offense and one decent year on the back of a top 10 QB. Otherwise Bohls tenure has been beyond awful.
DC, beyond a few players, left our depth non-existent and a defense used to being gashed.

But now, we not only have good athletes on the defense, but a legit good DC. In one year, we went from Stanard's more of the same from the Christensen era, to one of the best defenses in the conference. And yesterday, when rushing 4 didn't work, we blitzed and got pressure.

Offense, when Vigen bothers to do more than run up the middle on first and second down, has been shown to move the ball. And TVW, despite the coaches seeming to be afraid to play him, has shown pretty good arm strength, and probably better accuracy than Allen (when he has a chance to set his feet). Nico is a battering ram as a runningback, and those behind him aren't bad either, just inexperienced.

Like the defense, we could very well be a coaching change away from having a good, or at least average, offense.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:04 pm
DC, beyond a few players, left our depth non-existent and a defense used to being gashed.

But now, we not only have good athletes on the defense, but a legit good DC. In one year, we went from Stanard's more of the same from the Christensen era, to one of the best defenses in the conference. And yesterday, when rushing 4 didn't work, we blitzed and got pressure.

Offense, when Vigen bothers to do more than run up the middle on first and second down, has been shown to move the ball. And TVW, despite the coaches seeming to be afraid to play him, has shown pretty good arm strength, and probably better accuracy than Allen (when he has a chance to set his feet). Nico is a battering ram as a runningback, and those behind him aren't bad either, just inexperienced.

Like the defense, we could very well be a coaching change away from having a good, or at least average, offense.
Agreed. I think our offense could work with the current players and the current scheme, and we have seen flashes of it when we add some variety in our plays. The key is having the variety, and I sure hope we are just one coaching change away from having a good offense like we did on defense. I also hope that coaching change occurs, and we don't go into next season with just more of the same.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

WyomingAg wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:58 pm
marcuswyo wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:09 pm I like Bohl as our coach. He proved he can get to a conference championship game. That being said this conference isn’t that great compared to past years. DC was a Brett Smith concision away from beating TCU for a share of a conference title and I think we can all agree he was unremarkable as a coach. Point being it’s year five and he still has had the same problem in 4 of those 5 years. I find it a weird point that the only time he has sniffed a conference title was with a stellar offense, instead of a great defense. Go figure?
I don't even agree that our offense on the one year was all that stellar. Granted compared to our recent offense, we were great that year comparatively. But that one year where we sniffed the conference title, we were in a 3 way tie for the division and got the benefit of the tiebreaker to play in the conference championship game. Not like we dominated the division that year, we did well but we needed the benefit of the tiebreaker to play in the game. Also our stellar offense that year finished the season as 48th in total offense out of 128 teams. That is stellar compared to what we have these days (last year we finished 125th in total offense out of 129 teams), but still even on that year our offense was barely in the top 40% of offenses in the nation, again not really lighting it up.

We also had all that talent on offense the year before (albeit a year younger) and that year we finished with 2 wins and had an offense ranked 100 (of 127 teams).

My argument is even on the "best" offensive year with Bohl/Vigen we were very average on offense in my mind, and the other years have been downright awful
I don’t think we disagree.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Please spare me the “ Bohl inherited a giant dumpster fire mess argument.”
Bohl inherited a 5-7 team, with much better infrastructure and support, in a much weaker conference. This wasn’t some Koening-esque dumpster fire that Glenn inherited.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I'm assuming you're talking about 2011, a year we had a 44-point loss to a 7-6 WAC team? Point is, good teams can be blown out. It happens.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Yep 2011 was the year, what’s your point? The 2016 team poop the bed against UNM, and let’s not forget Eastern Michigan besting us that year! Literally the worst D1 program ever beat us in a year we played for a conference title. Don’t even get me started on the SJSU loss last year.