WSU @ Wyo game thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:10 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:08 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:06 pm Just to be clear I'm not defending vigen here...tvw may be good at some point but he looks like a freshman right now. our lack of execution on screens and flareout passes is really troubling. Any time we like up in the shotgun I pretty much write the play off.
His throw to Rocket was beautiful right as you posted that, though. Rocket should've had that.

However, only reason we tried that was desperation. Had something like that happened earlier, maybe Cougars don't completely stack the box against our runs up the middle.
But that would be unthinkable! Throwing downfield? Over up the middle? We're supposed to have the other guys defense rack up tackles for loss!
You don't even NEED to be successful throwing downfield. We were successful when we were switching it up again, and as soon as we went conservative, our offense completely died and we lost the game.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Body language of team says it is over.....too sloppy today for a non top 25 pac12 team at home with a game under our belt. 100+ yards penalties...not mixing it up enough on offense. DL not getting enough pressure.

Disappointed for sure......back to reality
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

That’s a TD if he catches it... what do our WR work on....
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Always next year.......
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

FarmerPoke wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:13 pm Always next year.......
Where Vigen will run it up the middle first and second down, and our offense will be ranked #120+ in the FBS for a third consecutive season.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Well after 2 games, we have our season answered I think. Any team with a pulse on defense will shut down our offense and win the time of possession against us even though that is our stated goal every game, simply because we will have some 10 three and outs. Teams without a pulse on defense like nmst we will run against and win.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

307bball wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:06 pm Just to be clear I'm not defending vigen here...tvw may be good at some point but he looks like a freshman right now. our lack of execution on screens and flareout passes is really troubling. Any time we like up in the shotgun I pretty much write the play off.
His throw to Rocket was beautiful right as you posted that, though. Rocket should've had that.

However, only reason we tried that was desperation. Had something like that happened earlier, maybe Cougars don't completely stack the box against our runs up the middle.
Yeah that was a beautiful throw... He did try three deep balls in the first half that were all underthrown... One picked. Ugly game for wyo....penalties...miscues. Lots left to play for... I'm confident that bohl will have these guys tuned up for conference play.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

307bball wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Yeah that was a beautiful throw... He did try three deep balls in the first half that were all underthrown... One picked. Ugly game for wyo....penalties...miscues. Lots left to play for... I'm confident that bohl will have these guys tuned up for conference play.
I like your optimism, I'm not confident at all. This offense reeks of the same issues as last year.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Year 5 and we have no offense. How does bohl find that acceptable?
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:43 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:41 pm Why rush 3 when 4 has had trouble getting pressure?
Playing to lose close now. Moral victories clap clap clap
Even playing to lose close failed. Blowout again
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Nothing changes.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I was hoping that TVW would have progressed a little more. If you want to protect a young QB, you don’t throw on obvious passing downs.

I wonder how many extra possessions our offense gives the other teams offense.

The score might not show it but this was a winnable games. After our fg, Vigen went back to 1qt playbook.
W-Y, Until I Die!
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

So sick of playing not to get embarrassed in OOC games.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:18 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:16 pm

I like your optimism, I'm not confident at all. This offense reeks of the same issues as last year.
I would say that it looks like we have some sort of a pulse running the ball. We ran well enough. We didn’t get anything else. We were playing picked apart when we rushed 4. Zero pressure
W-Y, Until I Die!
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

HR_Poke wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:24 pm So sick of playing not to get embarrassed in OOC games.

Yeah... that worked out well.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
HR_Poke
Cowpoke

Subcanis wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:28 pm
HR_Poke wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:24 pm So sick of playing not to get embarrassed in OOC games.

Yeah... that worked out well.
Always does....
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

We were nearly dead last in offense last year with a generational talent at qb. We put in a bunch of inexperienced linemen and a rookie qb this year. Just because we beat up a terrible nmsu team is not reason for optimism against a p5 team.

We will win as many games as our D wins and those we can overpower. Our o is a liability. 6 or
7 wins will be a huge success.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Of course, it doesn’t help to have an offensive penalty on every series
W-Y, Until I Die!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Here's what frustrates me... Watch that second quarter... That was done good football... Much too inconsistent.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:29 pm We were nearly dead last in offense last year with a generational talent at qb.
:cry: