WSU @ Wyo game thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:58 pm That was PI!? Then why haven't they called holding on WSU half the game!?
He DID push on the guy's butt. Lucky he didn't get ejected.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

D is gassed. I guess run on first and second down each drive then punting isn't always the best way to give your d rest
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:58 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:58 pm That was PI!? Then why haven't they called holding on WSU half the game!?
He DID push on the guy's butt. Lucky he didn't get ejected.
Oh right. Forgot the rule where you have to let the WSU guy have 5 yards between them and any of your guys. Even if they have the ball.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Well another power 5 team, another multi score loss coming up
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Weakest PI call ever
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

If our offense is even a LITTLE proficient at moving the ball, we win this game regardless of what the refs did. Vigen's got to go. Game's almost over and we don't have 200 yards.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:00 pm Well another power 5 team, another multi score loss coming up
We had the defense, for once. But the same old, same old on offense is holding us back.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:01 pm If our offense is even a LITTLE proficient at moving the ball, we win this game regardless of what the refs did. Vigen's got to go. Game's almost over and we don't have 200 yards.
Absolutely. I cannot understand the play calls. It’s got to be pride that Vigen refuses to make and adjustments
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:01 pm If our offense is even a LITTLE proficient at moving the ball, we win this game regardless of what the refs did. Vigen's got to go.
Yep 5 years in, and offense is just as bad as it's ever been. Even if you agree with the play calling, where is the player development on offense? Where is the o line development? This is not the Alabama defensive line we are going against but they have been in the backfield all day against are supposed "power rushing team"
Last edited by WyomingAg on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Whether or not the calls have been bad or good, Coldon has been disgraceful. He's been burned at least 4 times, 2 of which resulted in tds. It was his responsibility on the pick play td that the cougars scored where he instead plowed into another wyoming player in the secondary. He also committed 2 extremely costly drive extending penalties. Obviously he's not the reason the Pokes lose this game, but he's been horrible.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

And, run up the middle. Not even trying.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Catch that!
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

Just to be clear I'm not defending vigen here...tvw may be good at some point but he looks like a freshman right now. our lack of execution on screens and flareout passes is really troubling. Any time we like up in the shotgun I pretty much write the play off.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Dropped balls again. Another year, same issues
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Well, not going to get anything on third and long with this offense.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

We got beat by a better team. If we don't get a passing game going it's going to be a long year. Vigen must have courage. I'd rather see a mistake trying than to be careful and punt over and over. Winnable game but we aren't good enough to make it happen.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Wow now they have the chance to make the score look like a blowout
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

307bball wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:06 pm Just to be clear I'm not defending vigen here...tvw may be good at some point but he looks like a freshman right now. our lack of execution on screens and flareout passes is really troubling. Any time we like up in the shotgun I pretty much write the play off.
His throw to Rocket was beautiful right as you posted that, though. Rocket should've had that.

However, only reason we tried that was desperation. Had something like that happened earlier, maybe Cougars don't completely stack the box against our runs up the middle.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Leach runs up scores, always has. Now it's our turn to be run up on
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:08 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:06 pm Just to be clear I'm not defending vigen here...tvw may be good at some point but he looks like a freshman right now. our lack of execution on screens and flareout passes is really troubling. Any time we like up in the shotgun I pretty much write the play off.
His throw to Rocket was beautiful right as you posted that, though. Rocket should've had that.

However, only reason we tried that was desperation. Had something like that happened earlier, maybe Cougars don't completely stack the box against our runs up the middle.
But that would be unthinkable! Throwing downfield? Over up the middle? We're supposed to have the other guys defense rack up tackles for loss!