Wyoming set for home and home with BYU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

Look, BYU disdained us.

They couldn't believe they were still associated with us.

They tried to disassemble the MWC when they initiated "The Project."

F them and F Burman for this.
BYU Fan 7
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:58 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:47 pm
BYU Fan 7 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:34 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:52 pm
BYU Fan 7 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:26 pm Holy hell some of you guys have some absurd hatred for BYU. Lol @ the guy saying he's going to cancel his season tickets.

Granted I am younger, so BYU has been independent ever since I graduated high school, but I've never met a Wyoming fan. Had no idea some of you guys still have so much pent up anger about BYU leaving the conference (for the record, it would have been stupid to stay).

Is it just a vocal minority that's like this or is the majority of the Wyoming fan base a bunch of BYU haters?

Regardless, I look forward to our upcoming games. Go Cougs!
Learn the history better. It's a lot more complicated than you're making it out to be. If you walked out the door on your own instead of knifing other programs in the back, nobody would care anymore.

It's more than just a minority who hate BYU. And this is coming from someone who is in favor of playing the series.
I love conspiracy theories :popcorn:
Look, if BYU had just gone Indy, whatever. It wouldn't have been a big deal. But it was so much more than that.
Here's a quick rundown of what went down;
BYU went Indy, and then tried to lure some of the programs in the MWC back to the WAC in order to cement long term opponents. And this was right after TCU and Utah left. Which would have left the remaining MWC schools in a similar position to what happened to the WAC. If not for the UNLV AD speaking up about it, schools like Wyoming and the other Front Range schools, would have been bent over the barrel. Hard.

That, combined with generations of constant BYU fan arrogance, yeah.
BYU wanted Fresno, Joser, Nevada and Utah state to go over. Utah State was all for it because they are BYU Jr., but Fresno, Nevada and Joser told BYU to f off. and now BYU plays by itself like a loser for participation ribbons each year
BYU plays by itself? Lol. You mean BYU plays against LSU, Michigan, Washington, Wisconsin, Texas, etc. And they bring in more revenue than any G5 school, in the range of lower Pac-12 schools.

How bout you?

No reason to be pissed just because BYU seized an opportunity to make their position significantly better. That's the responsibility of an athletics department. The Wyoming AD would do exactly the same thing given the same circumstances. That's their job.

And lol @ playing for participation trophies. BYU has gone to a bowl game every year we've qualified. And with the CFP in existence now and likely to be expanded, BYU has given up nothing besides a completely pointless conference championship, especially from a non-P5 conference.

The fact of the matter is that I'm sitting here with absolutely no problems with Wyoming. I wish your program all the success. There's no point in sitting here hating on BYU for making a decision any organization would have made. It's pointless and illogical to hold onto that anger.
Last edited by BYU Fan 7 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

And so the BYU arrogance begins to show.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

BYU Fan 7 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:20 pm
BYU Fan 7 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:26 pm Holy hell some of you guys have some absurd hatred for BYU. Lol @ the guy saying he's going to cancel his season tickets.

Granted I am younger, so BYU has been independent ever since I graduated high school, but I've never met a Wyoming fan. Had no idea some of you guys still have so much pent up anger about BYU leaving the conference (for the record, it would have been stupid to stay).

Is it just a vocal minority that's like this or is the majority of the Wyoming fan base a bunch of BYU haters?

Learn the history better. It's a lot more complicated than you're making it out to be. If you walked out the door on your own instead of knifing other programs in the back, nobody would care anymore.

It's more than just a minority who hate BYU. And this is coming from someone who is in favor of playing the series.
Look, if BYU had just gone Indy, whatever. It wouldn't have been a big deal. But it was so much more than that.
BYU went Indy, and then tried to lure some of the programs in the MWC back to the WAC in order to cement long term opponents. And this was right after TCU and Utah left. Which would have left the remaining MWC schools in a similar position to what happened to the WAC. If not for the UNLV AD speaking up about it, schools like Wyoming and the other Front Range schools, would have been bent over the barrel. Hard.

BYU wanted Fresno, Joser, Nevada and Utah state to go over. Utah State was all for it because they are BYU Jr., but Fresno, Nevada and Joser told BYU to f off. and now BYU plays by itself like a loser for participation ribbons each year
BYU plays by itself? Lol. You mean BYU plays against LSU, Michigan, Washington, Wisconsin, Texas, etc. And they bring in more revenue than any G5 school, in the range of lower Pac-12 schools.

How bout you?

No reason to be pissed just because BYU seized an opportunity to make their position significantly better. That's the responsibility of an athletics department. The Wyoming AD would do exactly the same thing given the same circumstances. That's their job.

And lol @ playing for participation trophies. BYU has gone to a bowl game every year we've qualified. And with the CFP in existence now and likely to be expanded, BYU has given up nothing besides a completely pointless conference championship, especially from a non-P5 conference.

The fact of the matter is that I'm sitting here with absolutely no problems with Wyoming. I wish your program all the success. There's no point in sitting here hating on BYU for making a decision any organization would have made. It's pointless and illogical to hold onto that anger.
If you wonder why folks can't stand you BYU fans, you need look no further than your own arrogant statements. You stated earlier that it would have been a mistake to stay in the MWC, yet all you toadies want to do is play all of the MWC teams every year. If the MWC had any balls, ALL of the teams would tell BYU to go pound sand. I've been around a long time, seen some real poop from BYU over the years. My two favorite teams are Wyoming and whomever is playing BYU. Burman f-word up. He should have stuck with his guns and told you bastards nice try, but we aren't interested. BYU needs to be relegated to underwater basket weaving for their big money sport.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:47 pm Here's a quick rundown of what went down;

It wasn't UNLV's AD that said something, it was Fort Fart's AD.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
BYU Fan 7
Buckaroo

CowboyNV wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:36 pm
BYU Fan 7 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:20 pm

How bout you?

If you wonder why folks can't stand you BYU fans, you need look no further than your own arrogant statements. You stated earlier that it would have been a mistake to stay in the MWC, yet all you toadies want to do is play all of the MWC teams every year. If the MWC had any balls, ALL of the teams would tell BYU to go pound sand. I've been around a long time, seen some real poop from BYU over the years. My two favorite teams are Wyoming and whomever is playing BYU. Burman f-word up. He should have stuck with his guns and told you bastards nice try, but we aren't interested. BYU needs to be relegated to underwater basket weaving for their big money sport.

I have no problem playing MWC teams. The reason why leaving MWC was smart is because BYU now has a significantly higher revenue stream, they play storied programs across the country, and their games are broadcast on ESPN instead of the terrible MTN network.

Your hatred makes no sense.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Eh, I actually don’t mind this. Hopefully we can end this series with two wins instead of the memory of the last couple. Don’t forget that some of the most cherished wins were against them. No sense in crying. We’re playing them. Let’s get it done
W-Y, Until I Die!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Tom Burman, what happened? People are NOT happy!

Regarding "The Project" (Jay Drew, Salt Lake Tribune, 8/27/2010):

Snippet:

"Known as "The Project," the plan that Albrecht masterminded with WAC Commissioner Karl Benson, BYU President Cecil Samuelson and Welty would also have guaranteed football games against BYU — always a big draw — for the WAC's top teams. But it came crashing down on Aug. 18, leaving Benson to lament in an e-mail to remaining WAC presidents, "this has been a very emotional day for me — both on the professional and personal side."

http://archive.sltrib.com/article.php?i ... type=CMSID
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:43 pm
Voted no and left a comment. :tickedoff:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I can't believe people have already forgotten what BYU did.

No, they did NOT do what Utah and TCU did, nor did they do what SDSU and Boise tried doing. BYU went out of the way to get WAC teams to sign a contract to not help MWC survive as they left. It was one of the shadier things in recent FBS history, and somehow this has already been whitewashed. Absolutely amazing!

Their program just needs to die. Their school has enabled the deed assault and harassment for decades while punishing the victims over and over again. They're the Baylor of the Mountain West.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyokie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:53 pm
What are the poll results.\? I don't do twitter
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

And they play dirty, and they are 27 years old, and they need preferential treatment for media, and they own coca cola but don't drink caffeine, and they bought up a ton of land in Wyoming and go there regularly (but Wyoming sucks right).
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:26 pm
Wyokie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:53 pm
What are the poll results.\? I don't do twitter
Sadly, most said yes. Can't remember the exact numbers though.
Poke in Billings
Ranch Hand

It's a business deal. Poke fans love to hate BYU. A packed house is pretty much a given.

Nobody remembers the Holmo stab-the-mwc-in-the-back better than Burman. He lived it.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:39 pm
calpoke25 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:37 pm What an embarrassment for Wyoming. Shameful. Will not be buying season tickets either of those years.
Is this a serious statement or tongue in cheek?
Serious.
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I don't have a strong opinion on BYUs decisions, but how do you figure it would have been stupid for BYU to stay in the MWC? Since BYU has left their regular season winning percentage is worse then when they were in the MWC as is their Bowl Game winning percentage, plus they fill their schedule with present MWC and ex-MWC teams. Granted BYU took a shot at the "big time" and f-word it up. Now they wish they stayed, simple as that. And the other non-football sports play in some dip poop conference with a few good teams sprinkled across all the sports. In fact, don't some of the WCC teams play against high schools as part of their non-conference schedule?
WyoRev
Buckaroo

If you're still having troubles figuring this one out...it's the whole fan base. I mean, you would feel the same way if you had to deal with you.

I would just like to post my support of the series. I wasn't pleased when I first heard about the deal. However, I've come to accept it. You can get all bound up about the principle of the situation, but just like everything in this world it's all about the COLD. HARD. CASH. And we, being an up and coming program, need all of the revenue that we can muster.

Let's just be happy with the direction of the program. If BYU were to be coming to Laramie on Saturday...we would most surely provide them with the ass-kicking they so rightly deserve.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

I wish this could happen...

WYOMING 105,
BYU 0

Hours later BYU not only drops football but athletics all together. Everyone else in the West (everywhere west of the Mississippi) rejoices and celebrates for days!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I'm actually ok with this, renews a rivalry, now if we can beat them in Provo, also keeps us from playing a Wofford or team of that caliber. Will be fun in the future, it won't be long b4 they come back to the MWC anyway, oh yeah FU BYU