Wyoming set for home and home with BYU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Let the meltdown on this board begin: http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... 049d7.html
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Oh jesus... This isn't going to end well. Ridiculous over reactions in 3.....2......
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'll happily admit that I'm pissed about this. We shouldn't give them a chance to make money. In life there are some things you just don't do, even though they're technically "legal."

BYU needs to burn to the ground as an institution.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

NO! wft. gross
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

I'm not happy about this at all. I'm all for rekindling rivalries, but this is a school who tried to stab us and the rest of the conference in the back. Let them wither and die on the vine.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

F BYU!!!!!!!

Fire Burman for this!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Horrible. As big of a fan as I am, I will not be buying season tickets those years as I can not support this. Disappointed to say the least.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:14 pm F BYU!!!!!!!

Fire Burman for this!!!!
This! This is inexcusable. Out with Burman
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

If the dates on the FBSchedules.com future schedules are accurate, I believe this would have to be a Week 0 game in 2022 (Aug. 27). If my math is correct, we would have a game in Hawaii that season which is what makes Week 0 a possibility. BYU already has the first four weeks of the season booked that year, and we have three of them booked for the other nonconference games.

The return game in Laramie would be Sept. 7, 2024.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

:puke:

f-word A Tom
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Haha, I can't imagine being so hurt by this as to claiming I'll cancel my season tickets. Haha. By that point, they are going to SO irrelevant and were going to be coming off another MW title and NY5 game. Were going to beat the poop out of them. Hell, by that point we'll be running the Big 10.....
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

If we're going to play them we better F******* beat them. Learning you're playing BYU is like opening up a present and getting poop.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:58 pm Haha, I can't imagine being so hurt by this as to claiming I'll cancel my season tickets. Haha. By that point, they are going to SO irrelevant and were going to be coming off another MW title and NY5 game. Were going to beat the poop out of them. Hell, by that point we'll be running the Big 10.....
So why would we agree to go to Provostan first? They need us, not the other way around. F Burman.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:16 pm
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:58 pm Haha, I can't imagine being so hurt by this as to claiming I'll cancel my season tickets. Haha. By that point, they are going to SO irrelevant and were going to be coming off another MW title and NY5 game. Were going to beat the poop out of them. Hell, by that point we'll be running the Big 10.....
So why would we agree to go to Provostan first? They need us, not the other way around. F Burman.
OOOH such a fire take. F Burman. He's such the villain! Haha. I don't understand that perspective. We play Boise ever single year and have played SDSU multiple times since they tried to do the exact same thing to the conference. I don't hear anyone clamoring and bickering and threatening to cancel season tickets when we play them...
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

We should have done a 3 home and 1 in Provo.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

lol this will go over well.

This will be a conference game by 2022 after BYU begs the MW to come back after their 5th straight losing season.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Meh. Idon't really care. Caring this much about BYU one way or another is too much effort. This is pretty much the same as signing a deal to play Eastern Michigan or Toledo(or any MAc or Sunbelt). Whatever.
joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:49 pm If the dates on the FBSchedules.com future schedules are accurate, I believe this would have to be a Week 0 game in 2022 (Aug. 27). If my math is correct, we would have a game in Hawaii that season which is what makes Week 0 a possibility. BYU already has the first four weeks of the season booked that year, and we have three of them booked for the other nonconference games.

The return game in Laramie would be Sept. 7, 2024.
I hope we don't end up playing BYU late in the year. I know BYU needs help filling out that part of their schedule but we shouldn't be helping them out there. I hate playing non-conference games late in the year. THat is the time for conference games. We wouldn't play Toldeo or Georgia Southern late in the year.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:42 pm
Wyokie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:14 pm F BYU!!!!!!!

Fire Burman for this!!!!
This! This is inexcusable. Out with Burman
You don't actually believe this do you? Burman has overseen the return of our football program to relevance. He brought in Criag Bohl, who I believe we will look back on as the savior of Wyoming football. We now have football facilities that rival power 5 schools. We compete for conference titles in many other sports (S&D, Women's BBall, Volleyball).

Sports beefs are best settled on the field. Conference realignment is the norm now. It will be fun wiping the floor with BYU after we've become a perennial championship contender in the Mountain West that sends multiple guys to the league every year. I know some of the complainers out there have season tickets, so if you're still on your high horse by the time this game rolls around I will happily take them off you :thumb:
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

What an embarrassment for Wyoming. Shameful. Will not be buying season tickets either of those years.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

calpoke25 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:37 pm What an embarrassment for Wyoming. Shameful. Will not be buying season tickets either of those years.
Is this a serious statement or tongue in cheek?