New Fan, need a quick rundown

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
a good friend
Buckaroo

Hey y'all. I am a dna rifle fan on the east coast and have been trying to get invested in another team out west so that I will have the gameday experience twice a week. Decided to go with y'all because it was the team I would always pick on the old NCAA games to bring into a national powerhouse.

I am tuning in tomorrow night and just want to know what players are fan favorites, who is the projected stars and what sort of outcome should I expect from the season (estimated w/l)

Best!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Ah. Welcome to the fandom!

Fan favorites are- Defense.
To be specific- Carl Granderson (DE), Youhanna Ghaifan (DT), and Andrew Wingard (Safety).

The offense is just a big question mark right now.
a good friend
Buckaroo

Yeah I read some of the articles that basically seem to say new running back group, obviously a new QB and a solid defense particularly the secondary? Thats basically how our season was last year, defense and dont lose the game on offense.

Looking forward to the season and putting my eggs in two baskets.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I would add Logan Wilson (LB) as fan favorite as well. Local kid who could very well end his career with 400+ tackles (has 213 after 2 seasons) due to his ability to somehow just find where the ball is going.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Offensively a couple to take interest in: Austin Conway. Came to UW to play PG for the hoops team instead of taking a football offer to Nebraska. He does it all, tons of fun to watch. Especislly punts.

Newcomer on offense I’m interested in is Rocket Ismail Jr. had tcu offer out of HS but not the grades and went Juco.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Will Bently start at QB over Scarnecchia for the cocks?
WyoIllini
Buckaroo

a good friend wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:32 am Hey y'all. I am a dna rifle fan on the east coast and have been trying to get invested in another team out west so that I will have the gameday experience twice a week. Decided to go with y'all because it was the team I would always pick on the old NCAA games to bring into a national powerhouse.

I am tuning in tomorrow night and just want to know what players are fan favorites, who is the projected stars and what sort of outcome should I expect from the season (estimated w/l)

Best!
Awesome. I started following Wyoming two seasons ago for pretty much the same reasons. The old NCAA games, and a lot of their games were on late at night. The first ever game I watched was a 3OT classic against Northern IL. I’ve been hooked ever since.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

WyoIllini wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:49 pm
a good friend wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:32 am Hey y'all. I am a dna rifle fan on the east coast and have been trying to get invested in another team out west so that I will have the gameday experience twice a week. Decided to go with y'all because it was the team I would always pick on the old NCAA games to bring into a national powerhouse.

Best!
Awesome. I started following Wyoming two seasons ago for pretty much the same reasons. The old NCAA games, and a lot of their games were on late at night. The first ever game I watched was a 3OT classic against Northern IL. I’ve been hooked ever since.
You stayed up for that?! That game didn't end til like 3am local time!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Granderson and Ghaifan are monsters on the DL. Conway at WR is as shifty as they come and can break one at any time. But a newcomer to watch and future fan favorite is CJ Coldon at corner. He hits like a truck from the corner position and has a nose for the football.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

WyoIllini wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Best!
The most surreal game I have ever been to. Will never forget that night (or should I say morning).
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Also; never root for the dreaded school in Provo, Utah. There's a reason why no one here misses them. At all.

And the school in Fort Collin, Colorado MUST be referred to as CSEwe and their players and fans as Sheep. Its okay to hope they do okay in OOC. If only so it makes us look better when we beat them in the Border War.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:00 pm And the school in Fort Collin, Colorado MUST be referred to as CSEwe and their players and fans as Sheep. Its okay to hope they do okay in OOC. If only so it makes us look better when we beat them in the Border War.
Better yet, call that place...Fort Fart! Nuff said!!!! :D
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:16 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:00 pm And the school in Fort Collin, Colorado MUST be referred to as CSEwe and their players and fans as Sheep. Its okay to hope they do okay in OOC. If only so it makes us look better when we beat them in the Border War.
Better yet, call that place...Fort Fart! Nuff said!!!! :D
I call it “Fart Collins”. But this is a shout-out to all UW fans here...what are the most important things a new Wyoming fan should know??!! Heck, maybe even some of the older fans haven’t been fans long enough to hear from your perspective. Can you help me out in mentioning important moments throughout Wyoming football history????

Our longstanding rivalry is with Colorado State University (aka the sheep 🐑). It is the oldest rivalry west of the Mississippi, however, it wasn’t the most brutal rivalry we’ve had. That title belongs to another “school” that shall not be mentioned. Here’s the last couple years.

Last edited by LaradiseCowboy on Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

I started as a fan back in 2010....horrible season but this was my first intro to the Border War.

44-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:18 am I started as a fan back in 2010....horrible season but this was my first intro to the Border War.

44-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The one thing I loved about the Christensen era personally is that the players were led out onto the field by the Special Forces flag and SF Soldier. The homage to true warriors was something that I missed once Coach Bohl took over.
WyoIllini
Buckaroo

a good friend wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:32 am You stayed up for that?! That game didn't end til like 3am local time!
Yep. It was by far the latest (earliest?) I’ve stayed up watching live football. It was great.
Dankohner
Buckaroo

Anybody know how #87 Conner Cain is expected to do this year? I saw he was named a captain for the NMS game. I only ask because I was able to pick up his game worn jersey.
Dankohner
Buckaroo

Best!
Nice to have you as a fan. Like yourself I follow both A&M and Wyoming. It is nice to see another East Coast Wyoming fan here!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Dankohner wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:34 am Anybody know how #87 Conner Cain is expected to do this year? I saw he was named a captain for the NMS game. I only ask because I was able to pick up his game worn jersey.
He broke his ankle, but is back at full strength. He'll be an integral part of our vaunted D line!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Best!
Welcome! I'm a lifelong Wyoming fan who married a dna rifle, so we're following the same teams!

Granderson is our Clowney (just took him longer to get to that point)
Conway = Deebo
Hoping that Vanderwaal will show up like Bentley did!