WYO vs.NMS

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Dankohner
Buckaroo

OK, I was looking around at the 0 week schedule and I happened to notice that a high school football game (DeMatha (MD) vs. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)) will be on ESPN 2 right before the Wyoming game. While this might not affect many of you in Wyoming Nation, for those of us outside of WYO Nation, I'm just hoping that it does not run over into the Wyoming game. I have been waiting weeks for Cowboy football to start.

GO POKES!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Dankohner wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:47 am OK, I was looking around at the 0 week schedule and I happened to notice that a high school football game (DeMatha (MD) vs. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)) will be on ESPN 2 right before the Wyoming game. While this might not affect many of you in Wyoming Nation, for those of us outside of WYO Nation, I'm just hoping that it does not run over into the Wyoming game. I have been waiting weeks for Cowboy football to start.

GO POKES!
Not sure what you mean by WyoNation, but if you're referring to Laramie and the immediate area, they would be just as affected as anyone since the game is in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Most of us have been waiting MONTHS for this game...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Dankohner
Buckaroo

I thought that if a game ran over then the next game would begin at the regular start time in their respective areas and the rest of the country would pick the game up when the proceeding game ended. Where the game is played has no bearing on that. This is what I have always known. So Wyoming and New Mexico should get the game at the regular start time and everyone else would get the game somewhere in the first quarter if the HS game went long.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Dankohner wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:50 am I thought that if a game ran over then the next game would begin at the regular start time in their respective areas and the rest of the country would pick the game up when the proceeding game ended. Where the game is played has no bearing on that. This is what I have always known. So Wyoming and New Mexico should get the game at the regular start time and everyone else would get the game somewhere in the first quarter if the HS game went long.
This is something that only seems to happen in the NFL. All other networks don't go to the second game until the first is over.

At least it's an ESPN game, which means people can stream the start if the early game goes long.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Dankohner wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:47 am I'm just hoping that it does not run over into the Wyoming game.
You KNOW it's going to run over. You KNOW you will miss part of the Wyo game. It's the trademark of ESPN games.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Adv8RU12 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:01 am
Dankohner wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:47 am I'm just hoping that it does not run over into the Wyoming game.
You KNOW it's going to run over. You KNOW you will miss part of the Wyo game. It's the trademark of ESPN games.
This happens before every Wyoming game, regardless of the channel... The game before, football or basketball, always has a way of finding overtime. We call it the Cattelan curse where I come from.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Blame the infamous Jets/Raiders Heidi Game!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Dankohner
Buckaroo

joshvanklomp wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:29 am
Dankohner wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:50 am I thought that if a game ran over then the next game would begin at the regular start time in their respective areas and the rest of the country would pick the game up when the proceeding game ended. Where the game is played has no bearing on that. This is what I have always known. So Wyoming and New Mexico should get the game at the regular start time and everyone else would get the game somewhere in the first quarter if the HS game went long.
This is something that only seems to happen in the NFL. All other networks don't go to the second game until the first is over.

At least it's an ESPN game, which means people can stream the start if the early game goes long.
I forgot about streaming on ESPN. Thanks for the heads up!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Based on the first half, the stupid HS game will run over. My best guess at the WYO/NMS streaming site will be:
http://www.espn.com/watch/?type=live&channel=espn2
Anybody care to verify this?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:46 pm Based on the first half, the stupid HS game will run over. My best guess at the WYO/NMS streaming site will be:
http://www.espn.com/watch/?type=live&channel=espn2
Anybody care to verify this?
Well if the HS game goes long, it'll go long on there too. A second link should hopefully pop up closer to kickoff.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

They usually start it on espn3 if I'm not mistaken.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

High school game that is 38-0! Will they really delay a college game for this?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

phxpoke wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:36 pm High school game that is 38-0! Will they really delay a college game for this?
Probably. We'll see.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy

joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:37 pm
phxpoke wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:36 pm High school game that is 38-0! Will they really delay a college game for this?
Probably. We'll see.
Running clock is now in effect!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

phxpoke wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:39 pm
joshvanklomp wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:37 pm
Probably. We'll see.
Running clock is now in effect!
That's the great thing about HS sports.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

Let's roll no delay
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Anybody else give a rip about next week's SEC games? I know I dont. How about they talk about I dunno the teams that will be playing here in a few minutes. Go Pokes!!!
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy

It's time Gents!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Up the middle!
LanderPoke