WYO vs.NMS

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

J-Rod wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:25 pm Two 100 yard rushers for the Gophers. Apparently that's gonna be a thing for the Aggies this year.

Fresno @ Minnesota is going to be an interesting game.

Yeah. I would say I can't say Wyoming's running game is back after what Minnesota did to them tonight. Minnesota averaging more yards per carry than Wyoming did. Wyoming just was able to run the ball because NMSU is a horrible team.

Think Wyoming can win at home this weekend because Washington St. Had so much off season problems and they have a new D coordinator and 4 new position coaches. BUT could be another long year offensively when playing against teams better than NMSU which is probably everyone else on the schedule but Wofford.

Guess we will find out more about the offense this weekend.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:52 pm Yeah, Minnesota's doing whatever they want to NMSU. Once they shook off the rust, NMSU was left in the dust.
Read what I said: the DEFENSE.

Pokes didn't allow the Aggies past the 50 until late in the 4th quarter.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:47 pmThis Minnesota game showing me Wyoming's offense needs a lot of work. Defense will keep Wyoming in games but they will wear down unless offense gets a lot better. Minnesota has more points at half than Wyoming had the whole game.
Different style of offense. I'm honestly not worried. No we aren't the best in FBS, but it's enough to win plenty of games.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:47 pmThis Minnesota game showing me Wyoming's offense needs a lot of work.
It's kinda funny, because in the first half, posters on the Gophers message board were telling me "Bohl is laughing at our total inability to run the ball straight up."
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

You can't put any stock into the results of the Minnesota NMSU imo. NMSU had four days of rest and had to travel cross country to play a game while Minnesota was fresh and ready to go for the home opener. Not exactly a level playing field. You could tell which team was rested and which team had played a game already. But don't forget, last year SJSU had an awful defense and we still couldn't run so any step is an improvement.
jtstu53
Buckaroo

Also look at the total rush yards for both Minnesota and Wyoming against NMSU. Wyoming actually had about 25 more yards on the ground than Minnesota. Over all offensive production was pretty similar excluding the scores through the air for Minnesota, which isn't crazy considering our QB is a redshirt freshman. Think this team will be fine. I honestly believe the new strength and conditioning staff has got the OL in a good spot compared to last year when we had nobody around.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Comparing like opponents is a waste of time. Home/Away, teams match up differently, game plans shift, so on and so forth.

Don't spend too much time analyzing 2 teams that have nothing to do with us right now.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:49 am Comparing like opponents is a waste of time. Home/Away, teams match up differently, game plans shift, so on and so forth.

Don't spend too much time analyzing 2 teams that have nothing to do with us right now.
This. It's especially true when comparing who dominated them more. We won on the road easily. We dominated every aspect of the game. We might not have had as many style points as the gophers but that has no bearing on how good we actually are.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

jtstu53 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:37 amOver all offensive production was pretty similar excluding the scores through the air for Minnesota, which isn't crazy considering our QB is a redshirt freshman.
(Minnesota's QB is a true freshman)
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

I mean if you cant tell our run game is better than last season I don't know what to say. We couldn't even put a 100 yds on Gardner Webb last season. We won't put up 300+ yards a game I know that and the offense is very much a work in progress but it has made some very good strides.

Bohl Knew and even said it in his post game that NMSU had almost zero chance of moving the ball on us. His game plans go from full throttle to cruise control very quickly when he knows he has the edge.
He has literally said it all off season and last Saturday night was exactly what he means about leveraging that defense. Bohl isn't a Juco coach that cares about dominating the score board he was more than comfortable with the 12-0 lead
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

poke_addict wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:42 pm I mean if you cant tell our run game is better than last season I don't know what to say. We couldn't even put a 100 yds on Gardner Webb last season. We won't put up 300+ yards a game I know that and the offense is very much a work in progress but it has made some very good strides.

Bohl Knew and even said it in his post game that NMSU had almost zero chance of moving the ball on us. His game plans go from full throttle to cruise control very quickly when he knows he has the edge.
He has literally said it all off season and last Saturday night was exactly what he means about leveraging that defense. Bohl isn't a Juco coach that cares about dominating the score board he was more than comfortable with the 12-0 lead
I agree and know the Wyoming run game is better than last year but it probably isn't as good as some might have thought after beating NMSU. Of course ill hold judgement until after the Missouri game. I honestly think Wyoming will get yards this week against WSU's small d line. WSU is going to have to bring linebackers up to help with their run defense because no way their d line will do much against Wyoming's O line, which means Tyler is going to need to find some open TE's and Receivers.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….