WYO vs.NMS

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Herd wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:28 pm Run the ball, control the clock
Which works great UNLESS YOU GET BEHIND BY A COUPLE OF SCORES.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

There was an eruption of laugher here when Nick threw that pass. I’ve always pulled for him,
But man.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Liked everything i heard/saw, play this well against Wazzu good things should happen, this team will be fun to watch. Keep it up and Go Pokes
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Hopefully this win builds momentum for the fan base going into next weekend. Would love to see a big crowd at the War!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I watched it.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

D was really good! Stay healthy and this is an awesome unit. Special teams was good overall. Vigen did a good job today with what he had.

Passing game is going to need to be better. Pushing NMSU around was a pleasant surprise, but pushing BSU, WSU, or Mizzou around is a different beast. We need a more substantive passing threat. Note: before the hypersensitive fanboys jump on this, I'm merely alluding to execution of the plays that were called.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Defense was great. Atleast the first team and most of the main backups. The defensive team that was in on that last drive was terrible.

The offense will have to be a LOT better if we want to beat Mizzou or Boise St. Think we will play Washington St. tough at home and have a shot at winning but will need the offense to be better than it was tonight. Hoping that part of the offenses problem is that the play calling was vanilla for the most part this first game.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

This may be an unpopular question/opinion. Do we all really think Conway is our best return option? Sure he's shifty, but I am trying to pull my hair out most times he has the ball in his hands. I just wonder if making maybe one or two guys miss then going upfield would be better than making eight guys miss and getting a net 3 yerds.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:25 am This may be an unpopular question/opinion. Do we all really think Conway is our best return option? Sure he's shifty, but I am trying to pull my hair out most times he has the ball in his hands. I just wonder if making maybe one or two guys miss then going upfield would be better than making eight guys miss and getting a net 3 yerds.
Agree 100%. He needs to quit running east and west at some point and turn up the field. He doesn't seem to have any after burner speed...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:32 pm There was an eruption of laugher here when Nick threw that pass. I’ve always pulled for him,
But man.
Same here, Come on, Nick!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:45 pm D was really good! Stay healthy and this is an awesome unit. Special teams was good overall. Vigen did a good job today with what he had.

Passing game is going to need to be better. Pushing NMSU around was a pleasant surprise, but pushing BSU, WSU, or Mizzou around is a different beast. We need a more substantive passing threat. Note: before the hypersensitive fanboys jump on this, I'm merely alluding to execution of the plays that were called.
I think we needed to get TVW some confidence in the passing game. We're surely not going to be playing from ahead the whole games vs. WAsh St. and Missouri. We DO need more balance. No one ever suggested throwing it 50 times a game. People love to put words in mouths, I guess
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:32 am
'PokeForLife wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:25 am This may be an unpopular question/opinion. Do we all really think Conway is our best return option? Sure he's shifty, but I am trying to pull my hair out most times he has the ball in his hands. I just wonder if making maybe one or two guys miss then going upfield would be better than making eight guys miss and getting a net 3 yerds.
Agree 100%. He needs to quit running east and west at some point and turn up the field. He doesn't seem to have any after burner speed...
+1. We need someone to get 8 yards . I suggest Cox
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:07 am
Agree with all of you. He was frustrating last night with his returns. He needs to just turn up field and go more north /south. The east to west stuff isn't helping him.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:05 am
ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:45 pm D was really good! Stay healthy and this is an awesome unit. Special teams was good overall. Vigen did a good job today with what he had.

I think we needed to get TVW some confidence in the passing game. We're surely not going to be playing from ahead the whole games vs. WAsh St. and Missouri. We DO need more balance. No one ever suggested throwing it 50 times a game. People love to put words in mouths, I guess
:lol: For whatever reason it is a programmed fanboy response to the suggestion of diversifying the plays a little. My worry is that what we saw was protecting a big QB weakness not keeping plays close to the vest ready to unleash on our next unsuspecting opponent. Neither QB threw the ball well, in my opinion.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:03 am
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:07 am
Agree with all of you. He was frustrating last night with his returns. He needs to just turn up field and go more north /south. The east to west stuff isn't helping him.
That and it seemed their gunners weren't slowed much which I think was contributing to Conway's problem.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

The big question is: since New Mexico State's defense was supposed to be good, does that mean our O-line will not actually be manhandled by Wazzu's D-Line, which is not supposed to be good?

If our O-line doesn't do its job, we could run into a game that's pretty much the reverse of yesterday.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

He was frustrating on a few returns for sure, but I still think he has potential to break one every time he's out there. He'll run one back in a big situation this year.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:26 am The big question is: since New Mexico State's defense was supposed to be good, does that mean our O-line will not actually be manhandled by Wazzu's D-Line, which is not supposed to be good?

If our O-line doesn't do its job, we could run into a game that's pretty much the reverse of yesterday.
WSU D will be substantially better than the NMSU D. They were 16 in the nation last year. They lost some on the front line and their DC from last year but they'll be plenty stout compared to G5 defenses.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:26 am The big question is: since New Mexico State's defense was supposed to be good, does that mean our O-line will not actually be manhandled by Wazzu's D-Line, which is not supposed to be good?
This is the matchup that will define the game, which is going to be the case in most weeks.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:05 am

Yeah for some reason asking for more diversity in playcalling gets taken as throw it 50 times a game. When I say I want more diversity the playcalling, I mean don't just run it up the middle on first and second down every drive. When we did that for isntance in the 3 drives late in the 2nd quarter we went 3 and out, because it was predictable. When we mixed it up on other drives for instance with the wide receiver sweep on first down for 9 yards, the play action pass on first down for 10 yards, the counter with the rb to the outside in 2nd down for big gain, the easy screen passes over the blitz's for nice gains, that is mixing it up.

I'm fine with being run first, but run first doesn't have to mean run up the middle twice in a row, time and time again, mix it up with runs to the outside and the occasional play action, screens, slants and TE throws. We did that on some drives and those are the drives we had success, not by suddently throwing it every down on those drives, just by mixing up the playcalling a little on those drives. That is what I want more of from Vigen