New Locker Room

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

wow
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Game-changers on the recruiting trail.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Actually went thru all the new facilities this past week, and all I can say is wow, night-and-day difference. Can honestly say from personal experience that the new weight room is better than the facility at CU and the locker room rivals that at CU. The nutrition station and training table are great new features too.

The coolest features that are very unique to UW: a hyperbaric chamber in the athletic training room (for recovery) and in the weight room (for cardio at low elevation).
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:50 am Actually went thru all the new facilities this past week, and all I can say is wow, night-and-day difference. Can honestly say from personal experience that the new weight room is better than the facility at CU and the locker room rivals that at CU. The nutrition station and training table are great new features too.

The coolest features that are very unique to UW: a hyperbaric chamber in the athletic training room (for recovery) and in the weight room (for cardio at low elevation).
Can anyone answer what the point of cardio at a mimicked low elevation would be? When I run in Laramie consistently and then go to low elevation, I feel that I can run forever. Seems that cardio training at Laramie altitude would be an advantage not a disadvantage.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:20 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:50 am Actually went thru all the new facilities this past week, and all I can say is wow, night-and-day difference. Can honestly say from personal experience that the new weight room is better than the facility at CU and the locker room rivals that at CU. The nutrition station and training table are great new features too.

Can anyone answer what the point of cardio at a mimicked low elevation would be? When I run in Laramie consistently and then go to low elevation, I feel that I can run forever. Seems that cardio training at Laramie altitude would be an advantage not a disadvantage.
You get the increased endurance benefit just by living at 7k feet. At lower altitudes you recover faster and can achieve faster muscle movement in high intensity workouts. The theory is live high and train low for high intensity workouts to get the best of both worlds.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

nice digs!!!!!
Dankohner
Buckaroo

Thanks for the pictures!