Position Change

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Redshirt would do him well especially if he’s not 100%. I too agree that this is a positive indication of the RBs we have are doing well. Overstreet and Evans and throw in some freshmen to see what they can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I would guess Bigelow and Overstreet will be the 1-2 punch with Nico on 3rd Down
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Vapoke wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:25 am .... with Nico on 3rd Down
That's the problem with Vigen -- there's hardly ever a case when you don't need a third down.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I used to really cringe with Nico, but he blocks well and ever since that CSU game he willed himself to that first down I will be a fan of his
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:15 am This highlights how asinine it was that they rolled with a skinny, slow, erect-running true freshman last year at RB. This was a big part of why we sucked on offense last year! wtf?? clown show. I have no confidence in this offense staff.

ps - I do think woods can be an effective DE if he's able to get bigger and he seems like a good kid and true team player. in other word, last year was not his fault. hang that on the coaches
Bury the hatchet. I think Brian Hill leaving early leaving had a lot to do with this. I also think the emergence of Bigelow helped make this decision a lot easier. So they had one year where they didn't have an extremely talented running back. Move on. They admitted their mistake.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

This will be the toughest year of Woods' life...while most of us are trying to go the opposite way, it's not easy eating everything in sight to put on weight as a college athlete :lol:

With the new redshirt rule, I would expect that we will see Woods get some playing time later in the season after he has healed up and put on some size.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:15 am This highlights how asinine it was that they rolled with a skinny, slow, erect-running true freshman last year at RB. This was a big part of why we sucked on offense last year! wtf?? clown show. I have no confidence in this offense staff.

ps - I do think woods can be an effective DE if he's able to get bigger and he seems like a good kid and true team player. in other word, last year was not his fault. hang that on the coaches
Bury the hatchet. I think Brian Hill leaving early leaving had a lot to do with this. I also think the emergence of Bigelow helped make this decision a lot easier. So they had one year where they didn't have an extremely talented running back. Move on. They admitted their mistake.
No way. Overstreet and Evans were so obviously better last year I just can't let this go. Outside of a couple fluky long runs Woods didn't, well, look like an RB out there. If he was such an awesome RB why are they moving him?! again, not Woods' fault he was miscast.

Woods should be a TE imo. He's got excellent hands. He could be a Hollister type threat. But I don't get paid the big bucks to coach football
Flo4wyo
Buckaroo

onePokeovertheline wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:37 pm A position change has occurred and it will raise your eyebrows. Not sure when it will be announced...
Whats your reason for posting things like this without giving names or the real info? Too pat yourself on the back as being in the know?? I don't get it! Do you pat yourself on the back when you return here and the info as out.........."hey look at me, I was the first one to say something about this on a message board"
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

Flo4wyo wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pm
onePokeovertheline wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:37 pm A position change has occurred and it will raise your eyebrows. Not sure when it will be announced...
Whats your reason for posting things like this without giving names or the real info? Too pat yourself on the back as being in the know?? I don't get it! Do you pat yourself on the back when you return here and the info as out.........."hey look at me, I was the first one to say something about this on a message board"
What's your reason for criticizing? For real, if you don't want to read onePokeOvertheline's messages because they may not contain every detail then DON'T READ THEM!! Of course he isn't going to give some information because he has a relationship based on not providing certain details. Do you expect journalists to reveal their sources too?

Frankly, I enjoy his posts and he has provided good and accurate information over the past year. Please onePokeovertheline keep posting here and ignore the Flo4wyos.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:42 pm
What's your reason for criticizing? For real, if you don't want to read onePokeOvertheline's messages because they may not contain every detail then DON'T READ THEM!! Of course he isn't going to give some information because he has a relationship based on not providing certain details. Do you expect journalists to reveal their sources too?

Frankly, I enjoy his posts and he has provided good and accurate information over the past year. Please onePokeovertheline keep posting here and ignore the Flo4wyos.
+1 Wyonation has provided an "ignore" button on here for a reason. If Flo4Wyo doesn't like a poster, he can just ignore the guy. Personally, I appreciate insight from someone obviously close to the program and hope he keeps posting.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

I can tell you that his posts get a lot more traffic which I enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

I've acknowledged several times on previous topics that I understand this feeling. I certainly don't have an ego that needs stroked. There have been numerous instances in the past where a reporter has blind sided a coach in a presser with a question about information that the coach had no idea was leaked. I won't put anyone in the program in this position. Sorry.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

Flo4wyo wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:10 pmWhats your reason for posting things like this without giving names or the real info? Too pat yourself on the back as being in the know?? I don't get it! Do you pat yourself on the back when you return here and the info as out.........."hey look at me, I was the first one to say something about this on a message board"
I understand what you mean. I thought the same thing and commented on an earlier thread myself. Without the meat of it, what's the point?

Ultimately though, it prompts discussion. It gives us schmucks something to speculate about on an otherwise quiet message board. Most of the time someone takes the minute bit of information and figures it out anyway.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:36 amUltimately though, it prompts discussion. It gives us schmucks something to speculate about on an otherwise quiet message board.
This is what I like about it.