Bills preseason opener

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Anyone else watching tonight? No national broadcast but if you know where you're looking it isn't hard to find a stream elsewhere.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I guess I don’t know where I am looking for a stream?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

marcuswyo wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:04 pm I guess I don’t know where I am looking for a stream?
https://www.reddit.com/r/nflstreams/
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Thanks!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Is it free?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Overall I think Josh has made some good plays. Two perfect long passes where the WR didn’t do anything to help him. Made some plays with his legs. Had a throw over the middle absolutely threading the needle that was awesome. I liked what I saw
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

9-19, 116 yards, 1 TD, 29 yards rushing.

Few observations:

-Josh came in after halftime and got a huge cheer from Buffalo fans. They are excited about him.
-First play and they let him cork one deep, effortless 65 yards in the air and led his receiver a yard out of bounds. Put it on his hands and away from the DB though.
-The Bills mostly had the training wheels on for him playcalling wise. Some short screens and swing routes, which as we know weren't always gimmies for JA. He was using a new sidearm motion on the short throws and they were right on the money.
-Third string NFL guys are pretty brutal. After a holding and consecutive false starts in one drive Josh launched another deep ball on third and long that is probably caught by a starting NFL receiver. The receiver had a step but looked back way early and slowed down. Next drive he was running for his life multiple times. Two dropped passes.
-Things came together on the last drive. With the o-line leaking he decided to just tuck it and run and when he did it was clear he was damn near the best athlete on the field. TD pass was a dart in a tight window.

Overall he was raw as most rational people expected. Peterman actually looked pretty solid with the first team O and the Bills D was shutdown until the scrubs came in. I think Peterman and the rest will be good enough for Josh to sit for plenty of time. The Bills blog I was following along with is very excited about him and if things go south they will be calling for Josh to play quick.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

About the only help he got was from Ray Ray McCloud. But otherwise, it was very reminiscent of our offense last year. Bad o-line, receivers not getting open, and some bad drops.

A few miscommunications on Josh's part. But otherwise, it was Josh doing Josh Allen things.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Didn't get to watch. Thanks for the break downs!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

You could see the Panthers defenders getting frustrated by those inexplicable plays where he turns something into nothing. Or fits a pass into a super small window. He was far from perfect, but we say the Allen Show on full display.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Reminded me of some of those games his first few seasons where defenders just didn't realize how elusive he was as a runner.

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Good, reasonable take here on tonight from a national fantasy football guy.

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

The thing that still gets me even after 2+ seasons at Wyoming is how effortless it looks. Multiple 60-yard heaves with just a flick of the wrist.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Watched the highlights. Josh only really had one bad throw from what I could tell. The others he was getting hurried and was running for his life (he should be used to that) or the receiver wasn't open and he did well to get it to a spot that his receiver could have a chance. He didn't miss any short throws.

Yeah, he has got a cannon attached to his body. It never gets old watching that. He doesn't even have to get his body into those 65 yard bombs. so effortless. He's got to have the best arm in the league
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

Allen went 9 for 19 for 116 yards with an average of 6.1 with 1 TD. He ran 3 times for 29 yards with an average of 9.7 and a long of 13. His rating was 84.5 as his Buffalo Bills fell to the Carolina Panthers 28-23. Link: http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=401030946
Last edited by FarEastPoke on Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Two deep throws that should have been caught either went right through the guy's hands, or the WR stopped mid-route.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

It should be noted, that other than a couple of guys, it seems most of the Bills fans are now onboard the Allen Express. They just need to give him some time with the 2nd string guys at least. So he has some protection.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:15 am It should be noted, that other than a couple of guys, it seems most of the Bills fans are now onboard the Allen Express. They just need to give him some time with the 2nd string guys at least. So he has some protection.
Loved hearing the excitement in the crowd when his first pass was in the air!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Josh led the team to 13 points, including a touchdown and the majority of their yards. And the Bills fans seem to all be on the Allen train.