Scrimmage

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Anybody with any news on how it went? Who stood out?! When does a depth chart come out? I know Caash is out the first game, who starts at LB. Wilson and who plays strong and weak?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I was hoping they'd let Cashh sit out the FCS game
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I haven’t seen a single thing about it yet. If I remember, they tend to release info on Monday
W-Y, Until I Die!
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

There is bad news coming tomorrow regarding the O line. Sorry I can’t tell you more.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

onePokeovertheline wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:53 am There is bad news coming tomorrow regarding the O line. Sorry I can’t tell you more.
With statements like this I can only imagine that the Oline all simultaneously combusted at the same time and we have no Oline anymore.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Hate to speculate but they were checking out Velasquez’s knee after Thursday or Friday’s practice.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

I would imagine that it has either to do with Eric or Alonzo, neither of which we can afford to lose.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

marcuswyo wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:13 am Hate to speculate but they were checking out Velasquez’s knee after Thursday or Friday’s practice.
Yup. Bohl said they were checking swelling in his knee and I cringed.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I bet it has nothing to do with those too. Sounds like it happened during the scrimmage, which additionally sucks more.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

J-Rod wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:35 am
marcuswyo wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:13 am Hate to speculate but they were checking out Velasquez’s knee after Thursday or Friday’s practice.
Yup. Bohl said they were checking swelling in his knee and I cringed.
Never a good sign.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

carbonpoke wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:58 am I bet it has nothing to do with those too. Sounds like it happened during the scrimmage, which additionally sucks more.
Eyes and ears will be glued to tomorrow's coach interview.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

onePokeovertheline wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:53 am There is bad news coming tomorrow regarding the O line. Sorry I can’t tell you more.
Remember in middle school when someone would say "I know a girl who likes you." You'd ask who it was and they would say "I can't tell you."

That is you.
PotatoCreekPete
Cowpoke

I am sorry that others can not wait for tomorrow and knock you for giving us a heads up. I won't be upset now tomorrow when I hear the news. We wish all news could be good news, but it can't. I appreciate your heads up and I understand why you can't say more.
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

PotatoCreekPete wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:35 pm
I am sorry that others can not wait for tomorrow and knock you for giving us a heads up. I won't be upset now tomorrow when I hear the news. We wish all news could be good news, but it can't. I appreciate your heads up and I understand why you can't say more.
No worries. Like I've said before in order to keep my information flow coming in, I can't piss off the source(s). And the info I've put on here in the past has been accurate. We should hear from Coach in a few hours.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

onePokeovertheline wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:03 am
No worries. Like I've said before in order to keep my information flow coming in, I can't piss off the source(s). And the info I've put on here in the past has been accurate. We should hear from Coach in a few hours.
Wondering...are onePokeovertheline and PotatoCreekPete the same person?

And as far "knowing / waiting" - can't say I give a poop. Injuries happen, things happen. Bohl will have the team ready on 8/25 - or he damn well should.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:02 pm
Remember in middle school when someone would say "I know a girl who likes you." You'd ask who it was and they would say "I can't tell you."

That is you.
Folks,

OnePokeovertheline is legit and doesn't pass on bad information. Please respect his wishes to protect his source. Take a look at his history he's always spot on.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

So...just watched Coach Bohl’s interview on the scrimmage. Seemed like he didn’t want to be there. It was extremely brief and didn’t provide very much information. Nothing was said about the o-line. What gives??

Last edited by LaradiseCowboy on Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Very little info, but we have a name: Gavin Rush.

...but yeah, that was as brief an interview with Bohl as I've seen. That question about the OL especially...he did not want to elaborate.

LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:13 am
onePokeovertheline wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:03 am
Wondering...are onePokeovertheline and PotatoCreekPete the same person?

And as far "knowing / waiting" - can't say I give a poop. Injuries happen, things happen. Bohl will have the team ready on 8/25 - or he damn well should.
+100

I’m with you on this. I could go without all the added high school drama. Either say what you know or shut up and don’t say anything at all. I’d rather hear it from the coaches anyways.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Wow, coach Bohl is ANNOYED! Maybe tomorrow he'll apologize and tell us all we're going to win the division? Can't wait for the first snap on O. I can tell you how the season will go based on if our O line gets pushed back 3 yards or not when we run it between the center and guard.