Visitor RV Options for WSU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
mgibbons
Buckaroo

Our family will be visiting Yellowstone then making our way to Laramie for the Washington State game to root on our Cougs. Other than Walmart or local campgrounds, are there any lots on/near campus they would allow a small RV Friday and Saturday nights? I'd love to be somewhat close to tailgating with y'all. Any advice is appreciated.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

There is a KOA, but that's clear on the other end of town. Walmart would be the closest that I can think of.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

I recall some camping spots at the territorial prison but there isn't anything on their website. Give them a call and you might get lucky.

http://wyoparks.state.wy.us/index.php/p ... ial-prison

My parents will actually be camping in my back yard. Maybe some Laramie poke fan on here has space for you!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

mgibbons wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:07 pm Our family will be visiting Yellowstone then making our way to Laramie for the Washington State game to root on our Cougs. Other than Walmart or local campgrounds, are there any lots on/near campus they would allow a small RV Friday and Saturday nights? I'd love to be somewhat close to tailgating with y'all. Any advice is appreciated.
If you donate enough to our booster club you can park right behind the stadium :winky:

Camping up in the Snowys might be worth a look. It's only 40 minutes away.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I'd go the WalMart route, that way you can get your supplies, have a cookout and only be about 5 minutes away, welcome to Wyoming!
mgibbons
Buckaroo

Thanks for the responses. I look forward to the trip. Walmart sounds like the best bet. I probably wouldn't want to be in a booster RV lot with a 1-year old in tow. Those can get rowdy at night, or they do in Pullman at least. I was hoping for a sneaky lot somewhere close, but it's not a big deal to unhitch the trailer to tour the town and get my tailgating fix on gameday. Good stuff, thank you folks.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

mgibbons wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 pm Thanks for the responses. I look forward to the trip. Walmart sounds like the best bet. I probably wouldn't want to be in a booster RV lot with a 1-year old in tow. Those can get rowdy at night, or they do in Pullman at least. I was hoping for a sneaky lot somewhere close, but it's not a big deal to unhitch the trailer to tour the town and get my tailgating fix on gameday. Good stuff, thank you folks.
Laramie's not that big and traffic isn't much of a problem that much neither, have fun