Long Shot Grad Transfer QB Option

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/sta ... 1406300160 https://twitter.com/Joe_Burrow10/status ... 5383942144
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

6'3, 215 and can run a bit...fits the Bohl physical mold although he is considered more of a dual threat than a pro-style QB

...but has there been any discussion at all about Burrow considering Wyoming or vice versa? All of the articles out there have him pretty heavily linked to Florida. There was also discussion about Nebraska; but, after watching a replay of the Nebraska spring game, I believe Nebraska is set at QB.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:33 am 6'3, 215 and can run a bit...fits the Bohl physical mold although he is considered more of a dual threat than a pro-style QB

...but has there been any discussion at all about Burrow considering Wyoming or vice versa? All of the articles out there have him pretty heavily linked to Florida. There was also discussion about Nebraska; but, after watching a replay of the Nebraska spring game, I believe Nebraska is set at QB.
Nothing that I'm aware of. Was just kind of throwing sh*t against the wall..
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I would be shocked if they don’t stand pat with what we have.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

303cowboy wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:38 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:33 am 6'3, 215 and can run a bit...fits the Bohl physical mold although he is considered more of a dual threat than a pro-style QB

Nothing that I'm aware of. Was just kind of throwing sh*t against the wall..
Gotcha. Burrow would be a tremendous get but highly doubtful Wyoming is anywhere on his radar as multiple top programs would love to have him. That said, it would be a wise move for Burrow to come to a team like Wyoming that runs more of a pro-style under center as he does have NFL potential.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

marcuswyo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 am I would be shocked if they don’t stand pat with what we have.
Why would you be shocked? Speight even came and visited Wyoming before ultimately signing with UCLA. It's pretty clear to me after the Spring Game that Vander Waal is currently the best option but there will be a lot of growing pains if he is our guy next year (he could really use another year to develop).
303cowboy
Cowpoke

Maybe I should have titled the thread "Very Long Shot".
https://twitter.com/L10Ryan/status/993889064741941249
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

UCLA?! WTF...piss off Chip Kelly
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:48 am
marcuswyo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:44 am I would be shocked if they don’t stand pat with what we have.
Why would you be shocked? Speight even came and visited Wyoming before ultimately signing with UCLA. It's pretty clear to me after the Spring Game that Vander Waal is currently the best option but there will be a lot of growing pains if he is our guy next year (he could really use another year to develop).
I guarantee Bohl and co. are scrambling to find a Quarterback. I doubt they feel confident with any QB currently on the roster and even more so they don't want the poop storm from us fans if Nick Smith is the starter.

Bolh was banking on getting Speight. After all, it was a done deal ;) The coaching staff I'm sure is still sifting through the JUCO and Grad Transfers and if they aren't I'm pretty worried.
I'm good for 3!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:56 pm UCLA?! WTF...piss off Chip Kelly
This would be the best result!! Burrow fits Kelly's offense better than Speight. To my knowledge, Speight has yet to enroll at UCLA. If UCLA were to sign Burrow, I would have to believe Speight would be calling Bohl and Vigen. Unlikely but Burrow to UCLA would be the best possible result.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 2:19 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 1:56 pm UCLA?! WTF...piss off Chip Kelly
This would be the best result!! Burrow fits Kelly's offense better than Speight. To my knowledge, Speight has yet to enroll at UCLA. If UCLA were to sign Burrow, I would have to believe Speight would be calling Bohl and Vigen. Unlikely but Burrow to UCLA would be the best possible result.
:cool:
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

The staff seems pretty selective in taking grad transfers ( how many have we had since they’ve been here? Two off the top of my head ( Ortiz & Cam Coffman)). They will get a juco to come in a compete for sure ( maybe just a preferred walk on) but I see it’s much like last when we had a high need to WR and it didn’t happen. If I were to be betting on an opening day QB I would think the odds are leaning heavily to TVW.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

marcuswyo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:59 pm The staff seems pretty selective in taking grad transfers ( how many have we had since they’ve been here? Two off the top of my head ( Ortiz & Cam Coffman)). They will get a juco to come in a compete for sure ( maybe just a preferred walk on) but I see it’s much like last when we had a high need to WR and it didn’t happen. If I were to be betting on an opening day QB I would think the odds are leaning heavily to TVW.
Did you miss the whole Wilton Speight discussion? They sure didn't seem as selective as you mentioned then. If they were that serious there I don't know what has changed in a month.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy

Ya they were serious about Speight, they obviously felt he would have been a great fit. How many other grad transfer QBs have visited? If they were really scrambling for a Qb they would have had a back up plan to Speight, and that doesn’t seem to be the case as of right now (transfers and Jucos can all sign as of now). I would certainly think they go after a juco ( scholarship or not, I know Ramsay is supposed to come to fall camp) but if you recall the coaches would prefer to start someone with at least a year in the system ( Coffman) over someone with superior talent who maybe didn’t have a full grasp of the system (Allen).

Point being they would jump at a grad transfer but that player would have to be a good fit for what bohl wants, and Bohl can choose to be picky for the sake of development. I don’t necessarily agree with the strategy because this years defense is championship caliber, but it would be a great year to develop as a QB if you could just manage the game.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Bit of a longshot but we're definitely in the conversation.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Hope we get him and I hope Vanderwaal beats him out
Flo4wyo
Buckaroo

marcuswyo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 5:59 pm The staff seems pretty selective in taking grad transfers ( how many have we had since they’ve been here? Two off the top of my head ( Ortiz & Cam Coffman)). They will get a juco to come in a compete for sure ( maybe just a preferred walk on) but I see it’s much like last when we had a high need to WR and it didn’t happen. If I were to be betting on an opening day QB I would think the odds are leaning heavily to TVW.
Neither Ortiz or Coffman were grad transfers. Just transfers who had to sit out a year. I don't know of any "grad" transfers that have played under Bohl. TVW is the starter and will be opening day.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Flo4wyo wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:08 pm
Neither Ortiz or Coffman were grad transfers. Just transfers who had to sit out a year. I don't know of any "grad" transfers that have played under Bohl. TVW is the starter and will be opening day.
You could very well be right...but I will wait until June 4th to completely agree! ;)
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 8:48 am
Flo4wyo wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:08 pm
You could very well be right...but I will wait until June 4th to completely agree! ;)
I get what you're putting down, but. . . .who?