Not a done deal...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
onePokeovertheline
Ranch Hand

But the word is we will be hearing soon about a grad transfer QB.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I doubt this will affect Speight transferring away from Michigan or Shea Patterson losing his appeal to the NCAA, but I saw this in the news right after reading this post this afternoon.

www.cbssports.com/college-football/news ... ppeal/amp/
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Sounds like Smith had a better scrimmage than TVW. A grad transfer would be nice.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

Off topic....but how are you guys posting GIFs on the forum?? Never could quite figure that one out.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:46 pm Off topic....but how are you guys posting GIFs on the forum?? Never could quite figure that one out.
A gif is an image file. Thus, use the image tags (the one that looks like a picture)
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

I recently saw a note about a QB from Ohio State that was thinking about a transfer. He looks better than Speight but I would take either.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

marcuswyo wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:22 pm Sounds like Smith had a better scrimmage than TVW. A grad transfer would be nice.
Agreed! If this is the case, then a grad transfer is basically a necessity!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Speight, by all accounts, is not very good. That said, if Smith is truly the best coming out of camp, I'll gladly take a hardened turd over a repulsively-smelling fresh one.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

J-Rod wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:08 pm Speight, by all accounts, is not very good. That said, if Smith is truly the best coming out of camp, I'll gladly take a hardened turd over a repulsively-smelling fresh one.
Did you watch any Michigan games when Speight was the QB at Michigan? I remember watching on TV in 2016 Michigan v. Wisconsin and Michigan v. Michigan State. Michigan won both of those games as I recall. I remember thinking then that Speight was a fringe NFL prospect with his arm and some nice throws.

Speight was 3rd Team all Big-Ten during the 2016 season...let's be honest, based purely on talent as a QB, Nick Smith wouldn't even make third string quarterback for the majority of MWC schools. And I like Nick Smith as a competitor and contributor to the team.

Frankly, Speight would be a game changer for next year when we return one of the best defenses in the country. We don't need a Josh Allen or a Baker Mayfield...but we do need at least an average QB.
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

joshvanklomp wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:31 pm
LaradiseCowboy wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:46 pm Off topic....but how are you guys posting GIFs on the forum?? Never could quite figure that one out.
A gif is an image file. Thus, use the image tags (the one that looks like a picture)

Yep, that didn’t work lol. I pasted a link to a GIF between the image tags to no success. Oh well.
Sgoharley
Buckaroo

I dont know if we are getting a transfer from any school at any position but it seems to make no sense at all to be trashing any potential transfer on this public forum unless you dont want them to come. I have to assume if the coaches are offering a spot to a transfer they are doing it for a reason and all of us arm chair quarterbacks should not undermine the coaches. Everyone agrees we need depth and experience at QB, but why would one come here if he is being told he isnt any good before a decision is even made. Please keep it to yourself at least until the season starts.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:37 pm

Yep, that didn’t work lol. I pasted a link to a GIF between the image tags to no success. Oh well.
I think you have to download every single version of both adobe and java (twice) in order to do it... :twocents:
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:37 pm

You mean like this?!!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:23 pm Did you watch any Michigan games when Speight was the QB at Michigan? I remember watching on TV in 2016 Michigan v. Wisconsin and Michigan v. Michigan State. Michigan won both of those games as I recall. I remember thinking then that Speight was a fringe NFL prospect with his arm and some nice throws.

Speight was 3rd Team all Big-Ten during the 2016 season...let's be honest, based purely on talent as a QB, Nick Smith wouldn't even make third string quarterback for the majority of MWC schools. And I like Nick Smith as a competitor and contributor to the team.

Frankly, Speight would be a game changer for next year when we return one of the best defenses in the country. We don't need a Josh Allen or a Baker Mayfield...but we do need at least an average QB.
I saw bits and pieces of the Florida and Air Force games last fall. He's enormous...but struggled with decision making and accuracy. I doubt he's worse than Smith, though. If social media is any indicator, Michigan fans really don't like him. That said, Bohl is the QB whisperer. If anyone can turn WS's career around, it's him.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

For those interested, here's a 2016 Speight highlight reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POZIscqNXVI
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Sgoharley wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:07 pm I dont know if we are getting a transfer from any school at any position but it seems to make no sense at all to be trashing any potential transfer on this public forum unless you dont want them to come. I have to assume if the coaches are offering a spot to a transfer they are doing it for a reason and all of us arm chair quarterbacks should not undermine the coaches. Everyone agrees we need depth and experience at QB, but why would one come here if he is being told he isnt any good before a decision is even made. Please keep it to yourself at least until the season starts.
Speight isn't that great, he certainly won't be in the same ballpark as Josh Allen was. But I would imagine he would be an upgrade (even slightly) over the QBs currently on roster.

Having said that, if me or anyone on an internet message board complaining that he isn't that good is enough to deter him from coming here, than adios. If his skin is that thin, then I want him no where near the UW program. I guarantee the ribbing he'll take on this message board isn't even 1/1000th of the ridicule he received at Michigan.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

J-Bone wrote:For those interested, here's a 2016 Speight highlight reel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POZIscqNXVI
So, he can make good throws to wide open receivers while his OLine provides ample protection? Hot damn! Hahaha imagine what Josh would do with that line and those receivers. He'll, Smith would have great highlight film with that protection.