Bohl rumors.......

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dapokes
Ranch Hand

I get he's got an attachment to Nebraska. However, Nebraska fans think they're Alabama...and should easily be in the title game every year. In reality they shouldn't have left the Big12. Big 10 is wayyyyyy tougher.

What I'm saying is that Bohl would only get two seasons max there. When he's already establishing his brand of football one state away.
dapokes
Ranch Hand

Plus these same rumors had him linked to Minnesota last year at this time and nothing ever happened.

That being said let's extend him and up that buyout price lol
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

dapokes wrote:Plus these same rumors had him linked to Minnesota last year at this time and nothing ever happened.

That being said let's extend him and up that buyout price lol
I hate this time of year. With the success the Pokes are having I'm guessing this will come up every year. Nebraska is still paying Pelini and will have to pay Riley. Hopefully that will have them look at a unemployed coach.

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Yeah doesn't surprise me. There has actually been like 2 or 3 other articles written by different people saying Bohl should be at the top of Nebraska's list along with Scott Frost in the last couple of weeks. One of the articles was by another ESPN guy. Can't remember where I saw it.

Comes with winning I guess. Not sure Nebraska would even want Bohl.

The Washington St. AD or former AD as of now is the new AD at Nebraska and there were Washington St. Alumni up here in the Seattle area worried that he would Hire Leach at Nebraska but for the most part that talk calmed down as they didn't think Leach would be a good fit in Lincoln.

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:08 pm Yeah doesn't surprise me. There has actually been like 2 or 3 other articles written by different people saying Bohl should be at the top of Nebraska's list along with Scott Frost in the last couple of weeks. One of the articles was by another ESPN guy. Can't remember where I saw it.

The Washington St. AD or former AD as of now is the new AD at Nebraska and there were Washington St. Alumni up here in the Seattle area worried that he would Hire Leach at Nebraska but for the most part that talk calmed down as they didn't think Leach would be a good fit in Lincoln.

Being mostly unbiased as far as the Huskers go, I'd love to see them get Ken N from Navy and bring the triple option back
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Yeah, Bohl isn't even mentioned over on the Husker board. Seriously, not a word.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 pm Yeah, Bohl isn't even mentioned over on the Husker board. Seriously, not a word.
Actually they have a whole thread on him.

https://nebraska.forums.rivals.com/thre ... hl.193490/

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

The price of success. If you're a G5 program and your coach isn't mentioned as a possibility for P5 jobs, good chance you're not winning.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

Bielema, McElwain... c’mon. Who would want these guys? Bohl, on the other hand....all I got. Frost is the best in the mentioned names by far, let them run on that prospect.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

wyokoke wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:08 pm Yeah doesn't surprise me. There has actually been like 2 or 3 other articles written by different people saying Bohl should be at the top of Nebraska's list along with Scott Frost in the last couple of weeks. One of the articles was by another ESPN guy. Can't remember where I saw it.

Being mostly unbiased as far as the Huskers go, I'd love to see them get Ken N from Navy and bring the triple option back
I think that would be a great fit for Nebraska too. I think he's a great coach. A little worried BYU is going to be successful in hiring him this time around.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Craig Bohl ain't going ANYWHERE, ANYTIME SOON!!!! Building a culture here and seems to love Laramie and Wyoming, rumors are just that, thanx try again!!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

303cowboy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:38 am

I think that would be a great fit for Nebraska too. I think he's a great coach. A little worried BYU is going to be successful in hiring him this time around.
I have a hard time seeing a big time program like Nebraska bringing in the triple option this day and age. Outside of Georgia Tech, I can't think of another big time program that has (New Mexico probably doesnt count). I actually wouldn't be surprised if Georgia Tech moves on from Paul Johnson in the next few years. Too many high school players want to play in spread or pro style offenses with the hopes of making it to the next level. Personally, I love the triple option.
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Bohl isn't going to Nebraska. There is no way the new Nebraska AD could sell it to the fanbase. The job is pretty much Scott Frost's, the current UCF coach and former Nebraska QB. The ESPN guy has no clue what he is talking about.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I would be surprised is a head coach who is under .500 for his fbs record was considered a slam dunk from the boosters perspective

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

BYU has to hire Mormons, and last time I checked, Craig Bohl doesn't sip the American Nation of Israel kool-aid.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:58 am

BYU has to hire Mormons, and last time I checked, Craig Bohl doesn't sip the American Nation of Israel kool-aid.
I was referring to Ken Niumatalolo from Navy being hired at BYU. They went after him last time before they hired Sitake. I agree that BYU is definitely not a team we have to worry about hiring Bohl away..
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

303cowboy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:03 am
Cowboy Junky wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:58 am

I was referring to Ken Niumatalolo from Navy being hired at BYU. They went after him last time before they hired Sitake. I agree that BYU is definitely not a team we have to worry about hiring Bohl away..
Oh..my bad.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

The off season hiring always comes down to timing and what's available. There are teams with current vacancies trying to get head coaches right now... Tennessee.

If the huskers wait to fire, the pool could change. Too much guessing going on right now, but there is no denying that Bohl is on the good list of hot coaches. I think it's frost position to lose, mainly do to cowboyhusker's post. I'm hoping the Vols go after Les miles. Oregon state is still without. There will be other big money jobs opening I'm sure. I'm really glad Minnesota took fleck last year. I'm feeling a California or Arizona school could make a change. Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Arizona or ASU... They seems to be treading water right now. I don't pay attention much to schools to the east of Nebraska.

All that said, I think we are in a pretty decent situation in keeping Bohl. Ndsu current coach isn't so bad himself. There are options for us if we do lose Bohl, which I don't think we will. Other than bouknight, are there any other alum coaches out there?

Crazy story... One of my brothers was a QB for Rawlins before I was, his time was late eighties. I can't remember the head coaches name at Rawlins, but I know he went to Mountain View after Rawlins. His name was a candidate for a uw position back in the day. Early 90s. Not that I want a highschool coach like unlv... But it is interesting to think about. God I can't remember that coaches name from Rawlins. He was a damn good coach though.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

carbonpoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:21 am The off season hiring always comes down to timing and what's available. There are teams with current vacancies trying to get head coaches right now... Tennessee.

If the huskers wait to fire, the pool could change. Too much guessing going on right now, but there is no denying that Bohl is on the good list of hot coaches. I think it's frost position to lose, mainly do to cowboyhusker's post. I'm hoping the Vols go after Les miles. Oregon state is still without. There will be other big money jobs opening I'm sure. I'm really glad Minnesota took fleck last year. I'm feeling a California or Arizona school could make a change. Stanford, Cal, UCLA, Arizona or ASU... They seems to be treading water right now. I don't pay attention much to schools to the east of Nebraska.

All that said, I think we are in a pretty decent situation in keeping Bohl. Ndsu current coach isn't so bad himself. There are options for us if we do lose Bohl, which I don't think we will. Other than bouknight, are there any other alum coaches out there?

Crazy story... One of my brothers was a QB for Rawlins before I was, his time was late eighties. I can't remember the head coaches name at Rawlins, but I know he went to Mountain View after Rawlins. His name was a candidate for a uw position back in the day. Early 90s. Not that I want a highschool coach like unlv... But it is interesting to think about. God I can't remember that coaches name from Rawlins. He was a damn good coach though.
Don Dinnel I believe it was. He came back to Rawlins and coached my my senior year and for a few years after that before going to Evanston.