Opening line

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Opening line vs Fresno is Wyoming at -1. Pretty fair considering much about Josh is unknown.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think we are in for an old fashioned defensive struggle. They have been very good on defense as we have been. Hopefully the altitude is the clincher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I have no idea if Bohl's practices are open, but if they are, has anyone been and actually see if Josh is throwing?
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

phxpoke wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:21 pm I have no idea if Bohl's practices are open, but if they are, has anyone been and actually see if Josh is throwing?
I think he's had them closed since he got here.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Josh isn't throwing. He isn't even cleared to practice yet. Smith has been taking all the reps.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Game time decision

sbbulldog85
Buckaroo

if Josh didn't practice yesterday or today that really only leaves tomorrow in order to practice, Friday is usually a wind down day for game day Saturday. hopefully, it isn't anything more serious. I cant imagine him playing this Saturday given the circumstances. As someone said before the strength of Wyoming's team is it's defense, that will probably be where the game is won or lost.
wyoair
Ranch Hand

If Josh doesn't play, Smith needs to be a Smith (Alex) as in he probably won't win you the game just don't lose it. If he does that, our defense will do its thing and I think we have just enough play makers on offense to win it.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

does Josh really need to practice at this point of the season??? just sayin?
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

stymeman wrote:does Josh really need to practice at this point of the season??? just sayin?
I’m sure he is part of game planning and keeping his legs in shape on an exercise bike etc. I’m going to be surprised if josh doesn’t cowboy up in this one. 🤠

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:06 pm
stymeman wrote:does Josh really need to practice at this point of the season??? just sayin?
I’m sure he is part of game planning and keeping his legs in shape on an exercise bike etc. I’m going to be surprised if josh doesn’t cowboy up in this one. 🤠

me too he won't miss it even if he's 85%, wants to show Fresno what's up
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

wyoair wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm If Josh doesn't play, Smith needs to be a Smith (Alex) as in he probably won't win you the game just don't lose it. If he does that, our defense will do its thing and I think we have just enough play makers on offense to win it.
I'm not worried about Smith at all. He had better numbers than Allen did in the spring game from a completion percentage standpoint.

Allen: 10-27 127 yards. 12 ypc. Long of 20

Smith: 8-11 89 yards. 11 ypc. Long of 40

Since he has been taking reps all week he will be ready. I know it was just a spring game but with him getting all the reps at practice and being with the rest of the first team offense he will be fine.

The one thing Smith does better than Allen is put better "finesse or touch" on his throws. Where as Allen has the stronger arm and fires rockets at the receivers. Think that is partially why his completion percentage is lower than it could be.

And just to clarify I am not saying Smith is a better overall qb than Allen. Just saying, that one aspect of throwing Smith is better. If Allen would realize he doesn't have to throw a fastball most of the time he would become unstoppable but he relies so much on his arm strength it sometimes backfires on him.

Just my opinion. I just think people are giving Smith too little credit because they haven't seen much of him since his freshman year other than him getting thrown to the wolves in a game without getting many reps with the first team in practice all week. Now that he is getting those reps he will suprise people.

But he may not even play if Josh is cleared.

Anyways whoever starts I am confident will play well and help the team.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Isn't it also a very real possibility that Allen starts, but Smith finishes? Allen could be good for three drives before his arm/shoulder simply doesn't hold up anymore.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:33 pm Isn't it also a very real possibility that Allen starts, but Smith finishes? Allen could be good for three drives before his arm/shoulder simply doesn't hold up anymore.
It could happen or maybe Smith starts and then Allen comes in? Both qb's play? Who knows. I'm just not sure Allen will be able to play to his best ability with his shoulder that banged up. Especially since it is his throwing shoulder.

Not sure it is best to risk hurting it worse either when he could at least take one or two weeks off and get completely healed. Of course I have no idea how bad it is.

I personally think Smith starts and Bohl is just not wanting to tip his hand to Fresno. Guess none of us will know though until game time.

sbbulldog85
Buckaroo

I am taking Fresno State in this contest. The Bulldogs defense is just as strong as Wyoming’s, and they feature the more productive offense. One area Wyoming is weak defensively is against the run, allowing an average of 177 rushing yards per game, and the Bulldogs feature three running backs that can do damage led by Jordan Mims and Ronnie Rivers. The Wyoming rush and passing offense are both ranked below 100 in the Country, and the Bulldogs feature a well-rounded defense that is effective against both the pass and run. Furthermore, it will be tough for Wyoming to generate points, and if Josh Allen does not play in this contest it will be a huge blow to the Cowboys offense.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

sbbulldog85 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:22 pm I am taking Fresno State in this contest. The Bulldogs defense is just as strong as Wyoming’s, and they feature the more productive offense. One area Wyoming is weak defensively is against the run, allowing an average of 177 rushing yards per game, and the Bulldogs feature three running backs that can do damage led by Jordan Mims and Ronnie Rivers. The Wyoming rush and passing offense are both ranked below 100 in the Country, and the Bulldogs feature a well-rounded defense that is effective against both the pass and run. Furthermore, it will be tough for Wyoming to generate points, and if Josh Allen does not play in this contest it will be a huge blow to the Cowboys offense.
I'm good for 3!
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

No prediction, but when it comes to winning games in unconventional and surprising ways, Pokes find a way. Should be a great ball game, wish I could be there... Cowboys will is unreal this year. Senior day, brown & gold, bowl implications and drama of JA. Go Pokes.

At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

We win regardless if it is Allen or Smith.....but should be a good game. I'd like to see Allen out there, but Smith could be our starter next year. And, getting him some game experience wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.

Go Pokes!!
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:37 pm
wyoair wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm If Josh doesn't play, Smith needs to be a Smith (Alex) as in he probably won't win you the game just don't lose it. If he does that, our defense will do its thing and I think we have just enough play makers on offense to win it.
I'm not worried about Smith at all. He had better numbers than Allen did in the spring game from a completion percentage standpoint.

Since he has been taking reps all week he will be ready. I know it was just a spring game but with him getting all the reps at practice and being with the rest of the first team offense he will be fine.

The one thing Smith does better than Allen is put better "finesse or touch" on his throws. Where as Allen has the stronger arm and fires rockets at the receivers. Think that is partially why his completion percentage is lower than it could be.

And just to clarify I am not saying Smith is a better overall qb than Allen. Just saying, that one aspect of throwing Smith is better. If Allen would realize he doesn't have to throw a fastball most of the time he would become unstoppable but he relies so much on his arm strength it sometimes backfires on him.

Just my opinion. I just think people are giving Smith too little credit because they haven't seen much of him since his freshman year other than him getting thrown to the wolves in a game without getting many reps with the first team in practice all week. Now that he is getting those reps he will suprise people.

LOL @ Spring Game Stats.

I am not anti Nick Smith, but some folks have a serious lack of appreciation for what Josh Allen brings to the table.

Allen is currently 11-3 as a starting QB in MWC play. That's way better than anyone in the MWC era and even better than Wallwork or anyone Tiller had. You have to go back to Welniak to find a better record as starting QB. This is despite last year having a defense that was possibly the worst in our history (offense put up 66 points with 52 in regulation, and 35 points in those two losses) and this year having zero help on offense. Without Allen's legs we are the worst rushing team in the country, despite the fact that we are a committed running team.

Obviously the defense and Scottie Hazelton are the MVP's of this season, but Josh makes big plays when he needs to and he makes plays with his legs and arm that the vast majority of QB's just can't make.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

NowherePoke wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:33 am
seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:37 pm

LOL @ Spring Game Stats.

I am not anti Nick Smith, but some folks have a serious lack of appreciation for what Josh Allen brings to the table.

Allen is currently 11-3 as a starting QB in MWC play. That's way better than anyone in the MWC era and even better than Wallwork or anyone Tiller had. You have to go back to Welniak to find a better record as starting QB. This is despite last year having a defense that was possibly the worst in our history (offense put up 66 points with 52 in regulation, and 35 points in those two losses) and this year having zero help on offense. Without Allen's legs we are the worst rushing team in the country, despite the fact that we are a committed running team.

Obviously the defense and Scottie Hazelton are the MVP's of this season, but Josh makes big plays when he needs to and he makes plays with his legs and arm that the vast majority of QB's just can't make.
I said they were spring game stats and I said Allen is a better overall qb. My point was Smith isn't as bad as some people think and I don't believe this team wins just because Allen is the qb. They win for many reasons.