I learned it's more than just a catchy tune.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

After the Wyoming win I decided I would watch the rest of the CSU game to see them do us a favor, since they we're up 28-3 at one point and certainly couldn't blow it. Maybe it would be fun to cheer for CSU.

When they we're up 2 touchdowns with 3 minutes left I almost went to bed, but something inside of me said, "Marty is the D.C., I should watch the rest of this."

I got to watch them celebrate the turnover belt again.

Then, "Let's Go Rammin" happened.

One of their d.b.'s got called for taunting with 1.5 minutes left and 3 and 15. First Down. One play later: touchdown.

An onside kick later, Boise has the ball back. Bang.....tied game.

O.T. was more of the same, and all I could think was, you miserable CockSUckers, I'll guess we'll have to depend on AFA and Fresno for a chance at the title game.

Moral of the story. Don't cheer for CSU, because.....

"It sucks, to be, a CSU Ram(fan, for one night)."
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I couldn’t believe that. I understand losing to boise as they are a solid team but to choke away a two touchdown score with two minutes left???? That’s asinine.

Boise could still lose to airforce as they do not play well against the option and Fresno is extremely hit and miss. When they are on they are capable of beating very good teams. Just hate this wasted opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

ugh. Thanks for nothing, rams. It sucks to be a CSU ram. They really have nothing to cheer for year in and year out
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:13 am I couldn’t believe that. I understand losing to boise as they are a solid team but to choke away a two touchdown score with two minutes left???? That’s asinine.

Boise could still lose to airforce as they do not play well against the option and Fresno is extremely hit and miss. When they are on they are capable of beating very good teams. Just hate this wasted opportunity

It's absolutely miserable to be a CSU Ram. It's the same poop every game.

They get a turnover and the defense starts dancing with the "magic belt" although they've given up 500 yards and 38 points already, while fixing to give up another 21 points over the next 4:00 minutes of game clock.

They have a gigantic defensive circle jerk right in front of the other team, strutting like sage chickens at a mating ritual, hosting the belt in the air above their heads to show the fans how bad ass they are.

:o

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

Cowboy Junky wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 am
pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:13 am I couldn’t believe that. I understand losing to boise as they are a solid team but to choke away a two touchdown score with two minutes left???? That’s asinine.

They get a turnover and the defense starts dancing with the "magic belt" although they've given up 500 yards and 38 points already, while fixing to give up another 21 points over the next 4:00 minutes of game clock.

They have a gigantic defensive circle jerk right in front of the other team, strutting like sage chickens at a mating ritual, hosting the belt in the air above their heads to show the fans how bad ass they are.

If a Wyoming team acted like this I would lose my poop. Even in the bad old days under DC we never sunk that low. The leadership at ram athletics is about as bad as it can get. Between Bobo and LE they just aren't doing these kids any favors.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

elfletcho wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:31 am
Cowboy Junky wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:21 am

If a Wyoming team acted like this I would lose my poop. Even in the bad old days under DC we never sunk that low. The leadership at ram athletics is about as bad as it can get. Between Bobo and LE they just aren't doing these kids any favors.
Yep. Thank god Bohl is an old school guy. That kind of crap would drive me crazy as a fan.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Junky is on fire, I'm laughing my ASS off right now.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:23 am Junky is on fire, I'm laughing my ASS off right now.
Even more pathetic than all of that, the stadium was virtually empty by the end of the game. CSU had never beaten Boise, needed the win to keep conference title hopes alive, and got a 28-3 jump start to finish off the highest profile win in Fort Collins in many years. Yeah, it was probably a bit nippy. It wasn't raining or snowing, just crisp. What did the fans do: they bailed at half time. There were less than 5000 fans left to see the epic collapse.

CSU fans have been doing that all year. They don't stay for the second half, regardless of the game. In fact, visiting teams are going to learn to weather the storm in Fort Collins, because the second half WONT be a road game, it will be like playing at a neutral site, with no one there. Their home field advantage is actually a disadvantage.

After watching that collapse, I'm convinced the boot will be in Laramie at least until Craig Bohl leaves.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

There's only one time appropriate to dance, and that's post game or post season
... Sometimes during bowl week... But that's it. During the game, not so much thanks
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

carbonpoke wrote:There's only one time appropriate to dance, and that's post game or post season
... Sometimes during bowl week... But that's it. During the game, not so much thanks
It’s a great way to light a fire under opposing teams.

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

It worked great for the Border War, when their starting safety stood up on a table with the belt hoisted above his head and showed it to the Wyoming fans.

I guess he didn't realize there was 7:00 minutes left on the clock and that our team could see him celebrating from the other sideline.

National Champions 1943.

I do.