Fire Vigen

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Bohl was able to cut ties with Stannad. Can he he do the same with Vigen?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

If Trump were running the show, Vigen would have been gone long ago. Bohl needs to learn from The Donald.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I've never seen playcalling that bad. Literally anyone else could call a better game
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Vigen had a bad day. I would imagine if he has showings like this all year it will be his last in Laramie
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Lol at this thread.

Play calling wasn't always the best today but Wyoming also went up against one of the best front 7's in all of college football .

Wyoming will move the ball better on everyone else the rest of the year. Everyone relax.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:46 pm Wyoming will move the ball better on everyone else the rest of the year. Everyone relax.
Looks like Vigen had already taken your advice.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:46 pm
Play calling wasn't always the best today but Wyoming also went up against one of the best front 7's in all of college football
A good play caller would not try to power run up the middle against one of the best front 7 in college football on every 3rd and 4th and short especially after it didnt work the first, second, third, and fourth times
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

You guys know it's hard to call a game when someone's front 7 is that dominant, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:56 pm
Play calling wasn't always the best today but Wyoming also went up against one of the best front 7's in all of college football
A good play caller would not try to power run up the middle against one of the best front 7 in college football on every 3rd and 4th and short especially after it didnt work the first, second, third, and fourth times
Like I said play calling wasn't always the best today but to be honest it wouldn't have mattered what he called. Iowa's front 7 is to good for what we have overall on offense.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

This. Let Allen throw the dang ball. Why run it up the middle over, and over and over and over and over
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote:
Like I said play calling wasn't always the best today but to be honest it wouldn't have mattered what he called. Iowa's front 7 is to good for what we have overall on offense.
It seems you would use the one strength you know you have, Josh's arm. No, instead, let's run Josh up the gut.....smh

seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Poke-proud wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:21 pm
seattlecowboy wrote:
It seems you would use the one strength you know you have, Josh's arm. No, instead, let's run Josh up the gut.....smh

Well maybe Vigen and Bohl already knew without Fort and Price we had a better chance running the ball because our receivers wouldn't be able to get open or catch the ball. Who knows.

bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:25 pm
Poke-proud wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:21 pm
seattlecowboy wrote:

Well maybe Vigen and Bohl already knew without Fort and Price we had a better chance running the ball because our receivers wouldn't be able to get open or catch the ball. Who knows.
Sadly, I think that's right. We had 4th and 3 and chose to kick a fg. You don't do that if you have any confidence in the offense. For whatever reason, I thought recruiting receivers and tight ends would be relatively easy. All you have to tell them is you have a future NFL qb throwing it to you. Brett Smith had his best season as a freshman because he had Josh Doctson to throw to. Maybe who we have will develop. But they sure couldn't get open today.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I imagine with as many new pieces on this offense that we do not yet have the entire playbook and that's not vigens fault. The pokes played true freshman an wide out and offensive line today and that's a lot to put on their shoulders.

They will get better and better and it starts next week against g Webb.

C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

This thread is funny.

No "play calling" or "scheme" was going to overcome facing that top-drawer front 7. We were terribly overmatched there, particularly when our receiver corps needs a ton -- one metric f-word ton -- of work. It was painful to watch their routes and dropped passes.

We'll get better. But, playing that team in the first game of the season? If we did it 15 times, we'd beat them once.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Can't believe 4 turnovers = 3 points. Allen played extremely well considering. The wide receivers need to drink some 4 hour energy. Oline played well. Special teams not good.

Defense was incredible, our man coverage needs some work. On the one touchdown to the seam tightend, that was on the scheme. Granderson shouldn't be on receiving tightend... He needs to be on a tackle... If forced to lineup on tightend, we need a linebacker on his inside hip.

Allen helped his stock today... Big-time. But we need to find some playmaking from the receivers.

Good game to Iowa. The beat us good
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times

carbonpoke wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:27 pm Can't believe 4 turnovers = 3 points. Allen played extremely well considering. The wide receivers need to drink some 4 hour energy. Oline played well. Special teams not good.

Defense was incredible, our man coverage needs some work. On the one touchdown to the seam tightend, that was on the scheme. Granderson shouldn't be on receiving tightend... He needs to be on a tackle... If forced to lineup on tightend, we need a linebacker on his inside hip.

Allen helped his stock today... Big-time. But we need to find some playmaking from the receivers.

You've got to be kidding. While the play-calling and receiving were definitely suspect, Allen was not up to par. Both INT's were poor throws and the intentional grounding was not an NFL-caliber attempt to get rid of the bottle. He tried to rocket a swing pass to a player 10 yards from him laterally instead of lofting it to him. He's got to learn to have more "touch" with the ball.

Zero TD's and 2 INT's did NOT help his draft stock. Quite the opposite...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

I didn't know he threw a second pick . My wife wanted me to go to Lowe's for a garage door opener. Yea, two picks hurts.

However, he showed that he took the coaching. He was under control, and extremely difficult to sack. Arm strength was bitching.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

carbonpoke wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:27 pm Can't believe 4 turnovers = 3 points. Allen played extremely well considering. The wide receivers need to drink some 4 hour energy. Oline played well. Special teams not good.

I'm sure this was just a type o
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
CM99
Buckaroo

Wyovanian wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:03 pm

You've got to be kidding. While the play-calling and receiving were definitely suspect, Allen was not up to par. Both INT's were poor throws and the intentional grounding was not an NFL-caliber attempt to get rid of the bottle. He tried to rocket a swing pass to a player 10 yards from him laterally instead of lofting it to him. He's got to learn to have more "touch" with the ball.

Zero TD's and 2 INT's did NOT help his draft stock. Quite the opposite...

I jumped over here to read some quick impressions after the game and I could tell by the "tone" of your words leaping off the page, you're a little like me. Growing increasingly more weary of message board/Internet fans & their constant complaining.

So I google Wyoming message boards & the first thing I run into is a fire the "offensive coordinator" threads LOL. I felt like I was on the Iowa board!

I wonder if anyone realizes the way you know you have a bad offensive coordinator is when you lose....DOH!!! Meaning everywhere at every level of football the fans are constantly constantly constantly bitching about the OC...wow does it get tired.

The Truth is players make plays and with that said I was pretty impressed with your defense. Enough so I had to do a little research and found out you returned nine starters.

They tackled well, they ran to the football well, obviously I didn't feel like Iowa playsed avery clean game. But all in all as a fan I was pretty happy with the game.

Iowa has a tendency to play games like this especially early on in seasons and although I appreciate tge kudos about our defensive front seven, we did break in a new starting DT & our other DT was injured, most of last year. So as good as they looked it was still a bit of a question mark. As far as the DBS go Joshua Jackson played nickel for us a lot last year and has even started games & Miles Taylor is a 3-year starter and quite frankly he didn't play as well as Jake Gervasse. Quite frankly I was mostly pleased with the D backs in the game. We have sent a lot of them on to the NFL and I was fairly convinced they would play good.

The point being the play calling was what the defense was going to give you and you'll notice they weren't able to go over the top very often...they completed a bobbled pass, threw a couple too long that were well defended and then one was incredibly well defended by Jackson & knocked away.

And as far as running the quarterback up the gut hell Wyoming ran 70 plays & the quarterback had eight carries and three of them were sacjs so honestly I'm not sure what game those fans were watching.

A defensive line with the kind of athleticism that we have that maintains rgeir gap integrity you are not going to throw over the top of that defense very often especially when we have the kind of Dbs, that we typically produce. So sure blame the play calling, that's what everybody does, but the Truth of the matter is...the quarterback and receivers have to make plays eventually.

All in all though if that defense keeps it together you'll be tough to handle in the MWC.

Good luck & your kids played hard!