Fire Vigen

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

Middling....as in they are not one of the 4 teams everyone picks to win the b1g

Starters missing....doesnt change the umpteen a gap runs in short yardage. Plus they had starters missing also, what does rhat say. We were missing starters and therefore cant run an inspiring imaginitive gameplan? These excuses are probably not the only things passing through your lips from vigens ass.

And who the hell would leap masterful praise on anyone after a gwebb game?
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Wyoklaelk wrote:Middling....as in they are not one of the 4 teams everyone picks to win the b1g

Starters missing....doesnt change the umpteen a gap runs in short yardage. Plus they had starters missing also, what does rhat say. We were missing starters and therefore cant run an inspiring imaginitive gameplan? These excuses are probably not the only things passing through your lips from vigens ass.

Vigen has registered many alias's on here to defend his horrible game plans. I'm still not a fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyoklaelk wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:24 pm Middling....as in they are not one of the 4 teams everyone picks to win the b1g

If you follow the media picks as to (everyone picking them) as a middling Big 10 team then I can't help you.

That tells me all I need to know about your football knowledge. :thumb:

Have a good day sir.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Poke-proud wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:40 pm
Wyoklaelk wrote:Middling....as in they are not one of the 4 teams everyone picks to win the b1g

Vigen has registered many alias's on here to defend his horrible game plans. I'm still not a fan.

Yeah i'm Vigen since I have been here since 2006. You are a smart one.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote:

Appreciate the compliment. There were many others - but most narcissistic people do think the world revolves around them. Moron.

CM99
Buckaroo

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:05 pm How do all you experts know Iowa is going to be a middling Big 10 team?

The fact is you don't.

It will be between them and Wisconsin most likely as to who goes to the Big 10 championship game in their division this year. Although Iowa does have a tough schedule having to face Penn St. And Ohio St. from the other side.

Guess we will see.

Fact is we were also without two of our starters at the skills positions and I guarantee that hurt us somewhat.

Iowa's defense had something to do with us not moving the ball so you should probably give them some credit.

Going to laugh at all of you next week when Wyoming scores 50 and you think Vigen called a great game.

Bunch of flip floppers on this site :lol:
Good post....I thought for a minute I'd stumbled onto the Iowa board, they're always complaining about the OC, predictability, and "vanilla" play calling.

I only dropped on to gain some insight and express how impressed I was with your D, but honestly this constant bitching about offensive coordinators is oppressive. I'm sure you guys that are complaining think you're righteous and you're the only ones but literally it happens on every damn message board at every level of football in America.

Here is a little perspective for you. Last year after North Dakota State lost in the playoffs, I went to their message board to gain some perspective and guess what?! They all were complaining about their offensive coordinator and guess who they wish they had back Brent Vigen...lol

Then Iowa hired their offensive coordinator to coach the OL & our fans are mad that we didn't make him the OC here...again LOL....I mean you can't make this crap up. If you did no one would believe it happens, but it does and again on every message board, for every team, after every loss in America. That puts you in pretty select company.... The reactionaries it honestly don't have a clue what they're looking at.

You guys went deep a few times with very poor results, your Qb got sacked 3 times and carried the ball five other times out of 70 plays, that's hardly running up the middle all the time... I mean honestly did you guys watch the same game?

The real problem was you couldn't run it at all & your wide eceivers were incapable of breaking any tackles. Iowa played back so far it would be nearly impossible for you to get deep and youd think all the smart critics would understand football a little bit better but I guess they don't.

By the way I'm supporting you middle of the road guys over here. I get tired of the critics, I don't care what "fan site" they are boorish and over-the-top .
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Poke-proud wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:50 pm
seattlecowboy wrote:

Appreciate the compliment. There were many others - but most narcissistic people do think the world revolves around them. Moron.

Appreciate the smart ass name calling. Shows your age.

Have a good day!

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote:
Poke-proud wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:50 pm
seattlecowboy wrote:

Appreciate the smart ass name calling. Shows your age.

Have a good day!
There's enough ignorance I deal with every day - really don't need to subject myself to it here, g'day.

SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:05 pm How do all you experts know Iowa is going to be a middling Big 10 team?

The fact is you don't.

It will be between them and Wisconsin most likely as to who goes to the Big 10 championship game in their division this year. Although Iowa does have a tough schedule having to face Penn St. And Ohio St. from the other side.

Guess we will see.

Fact is we were also without two of our starters at the skills positions and I guarantee that hurt us somewhat.

Iowa's defense had something to do with us not moving the ball so you should probably give them some credit.

Going to laugh at all of you next week when Wyoming scores 50 and you think Vigen called a great game.

I won't compliment him or the offense until they do it against a team with a pulse.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

CM99 wrote:

The fact is you don't.

Guess we will see.

Good post....I thought for a minute I'd stumbled onto the Iowa board, they're always complaining about the OC, predictability, and "vanilla" play calling.

I only dropped on to gain some insight and express how impressed I was with your D, but honestly this constant bitching about offensive coordinators is oppressive. I'm sure you guys that are complaining think you're righteous and you're the only ones but literally it happens on every damn message board at every level of football in America.

Here is a little perspective for you. Last year after North Dakota State lost in the playoffs, I went to their message board to gain some perspective and guess what?! They all were complaining about their offensive coordinator and guess who they wish they had back Brent Vigen...lol

Then Iowa hired their offensive coordinator to coach the OL & our fans are mad that we didn't make him the OC here...again LOL....I mean you can't make this crap up. If you did no one would believe it happens, but it does and again on every message board, for every team, after every loss in America. That puts you in pretty select company.... The reactionaries it honestly don't have a clue what they're looking at.

You guys went deep a few times with very poor results, your Qb got sacked 3 times and carried the ball five other times out of 70 plays, that's hardly running up the middle all the time... I mean honestly did you guys watch the same game?

The real problem was you couldn't run it at all & your wide eceivers were incapable of breaking any tackles. Iowa played back so far it would be nearly impossible for you to get deep and youd think all the smart critics would understand football a little bit better but I guess they don't.

By the way I'm supporting you middle of the road guys over here. I get tired of the critics, I don't care what "fan site" they are boorish and over-the-top .
Most of these clowns only show up after losses. They don't understand that if you're not running the ball well, it's hard to pass. Play action and short passes were somewhat successful for 3 qtrs. Just stalled out for one reason or another. After Iowa scored their 3rd touchdown, the Iowa D could really sit on pass almost all the time which even compounds the problem.

I wouldn't say that Iowa ran the ball down our throat or anything but Wyoming had to respect it enough that they capitalized when they needed to. That one WR made a great catch with a defender in front of him. I don't know how he even saw the ball. That was big. Our WRs didn't make the plays they needed to when they had the opportunity. Dropped TD and gifted TD before half is 14 point swing in game. 7 points it too much on the road against Iowa and we gave 14.

W-Y, Until I Die!
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

All you guys trying to make Iowa into a great team
'Vegas puts out odds every year on total wins
This Year the Iowa number is 6
Seeing that they were 12 point favorites I will assume Wyo was one of the 6 wins anticipated.

So this powerhouse (Best front 7 ???) is supposed to win 5 more games all year???

Hardly a juggernaut so if your looking for excuses Iowa being dominant is not one.

We had the talent on the field not in the Skybox

Vigen- Useless
Cooper - Incompetent at Special Teams
But our Conditioning Coach is Super- Or do we have one ??????????
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

KeepitrealWyo wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:52 pm All you guys trying to make Iowa into a great team
'Vegas puts out odds every year on total wins
This Year the Iowa number is 6
Seeing that they were 12 point favorites I will assume Wyo was one of the 6 wins anticipated

So this powerhouse (Best front 7 ???) is supposed to win 5 more games all year???

Hardly a juggernaut so if your looking for excuses Iowa being dominant is not one.

We had the talent on the field not in the Skybox

Vigen- Useless
Cooper - Incompetent at Special Teams
But our Conditioning Coach is Super- Or do we have one ??????????
Since you are such an "expert" do you know what Vegas had the win total for Iowa in 2015?

Let me help you out.... 7.5.

Guess how many games they won?

They were 12-0 before they got beat in the Big Ten championship.

Will they do it this year? Who knows but I guess your theory doesn't hold up to well.

KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

Wow

With complete Assholes like you figuring this out GOOD LUCK
Common Sense is not your specialty lets go back to 2015 and hope the Cowboys got beat by a 12-0 team
You are a LOSER with zero common sense
Thanks Coach
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

KeepitrealWyo wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:52 pm Wow

With complete Assholes like you figuring this out GOOD LUCK
Common Sense is not your specialty lets go back to 2015 and hope the Cowboys got beat by a 12-0 team
You are a LOSER with zero common sense
Thanks Coach
Lol calling me an asshole? Common sense?

Common sense is not going Bi Polar after one game.

I have been handicapping sports for a living for over 20 years so leave the Vegas and odds talk out of it cause you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to that.

Guess I got in your head to easy. Relax it's just a message board.

CNPOKE
Buckaroo

KeepitrealWyo - Your IQ appears to be 3 below plant life!
You need to change your handle because it's an oxymoron to your posts.
flyfishwyo
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 50 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 am Iowa is a middling at best Big 10 team. Some of you act like they are the goddamn 85 Bears on defense.
I could argue that you're acting like we're the Greatest Show On Turf. Still don't see anything coherent on why we should fire Vigen. Do you remember Billy Cockhill? Not a great performance, but I didn't see any problems with the play calling. It's hard to throw the long ball when they keep 2 safeties deep.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

flyfishwyo wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:26 pm
SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:43 am Iowa is a middling at best Big 10 team. Some of you act like they are the goddamn 85 Bears on defense.
I could argue that you're acting like we're the Greatest Show On Turf. Still don't see anything coherent on why we should fire Vigen. Do you remember Billy Cockhill? Not a great performance, but I didn't see any problems with the play calling. It's hard to throw the long ball when they keep 2 safeties deep.
When I can tell you what they are going to do before they do it, chances are the other team has figured it out as well.
First down: ISO left.
Second down: ISO right.
Third down (and long): throw a three yard swing pass.
Third down (and short): plow either josh or a running back up the rear end of the offensive lineman into an eight man front for no gain.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

What are his aliases? Inquiring minds want to know.
The Virginian
Cowpoke

CM99 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:50 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:03 pm
carbonpoke wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:27 pm Can't believe 4 turnovers = 3 points. Allen played extremely well considering. The wide receivers need to drink some 4 hour energy. Oline played well. Special teams not good.

Defense was incredible, our man coverage needs some work. On the one touchdown to the seam tightend, that was on the scheme. Granderson shouldn't be on receiving tightend... He needs to be on a tackle... If forced to lineup on tightend, we need a linebacker on his inside hip.

Allen helped his stock today... Big-time. But we need to find some playmaking from the receivers.

Good game to Iowa. The beat us good
You've got to be kidding. While the play-calling and receiving were definitely suspect, Allen was not up to par. Both INT's were poor throws and the intentional grounding was not an NFL-caliber attempt to get rid of the bottle. He tried to rocket a swing pass to a player 10 yards from him laterally instead of lofting it to him. He's got to learn to have more "touch" with the ball.

Zero TD's and 2 INT's did NOT help his draft stock. Quite the opposite...

I jumped over here to read some quick impressions after the game and I could tell by the "tone" of your words leaping off the page, you're a little like me. Growing increasingly more weary of message board/Internet fans & their constant complaining.

So I google Wyoming message boards & the first thing I run into is a fire the "offensive coordinator" threads LOL. I felt like I was on the Iowa board!

I wonder if anyone realizes the way you know you have a bad offensive coordinator is when you lose....DOH!!! Meaning everywhere at every level of football the fans are constantly constantly constantly bitching about the OC...wow does it get tired.

The Truth is players make plays and with that said I was pretty impressed with your defense. Enough so I had to do a little research and found out you returned nine starters.

They tackled well, they ran to the football well, obviously I didn't feel like Iowa playsed avery clean game. But all in all as a fan I was pretty happy with the game.

Iowa has a tendency to play games like this especially early on in seasons and although I appreciate tge kudos about our defensive front seven, we did break in a new starting DT & our other DT was injured, most of last year. So as good as they looked it was still a bit of a question mark. As far as the DBS go Joshua Jackson played nickel for us a lot last year and has even started games & Miles Taylor is a 3-year starter and quite frankly he didn't play as well as Jake Gervasse. Quite frankly I was mostly pleased with the D backs in the game. We have sent a lot of them on to the NFL and I was fairly convinced they would play good.

The point being the play calling was what the defense was going to give you and you'll notice they weren't able to go over the top very often...they completed a bobbled pass, threw a couple too long that were well defended and then one was incredibly well defended by Jackson & knocked away.

And as far as running the quarterback up the gut hell Wyoming ran 70 plays & the quarterback had eight carries and three of them were sacjs so honestly I'm not sure what game those fans were watching.

A defensive line with the kind of athleticism that we have that maintains rgeir gap integrity you are not going to throw over the top of that defense very often especially when we have the kind of Dbs, that we typically produce. So sure blame the play calling, that's what everybody does, but the Truth of the matter is...the quarterback and receivers have to make plays eventually.

All in all though if that defense keeps it together you'll be tough to handle in the MWC.

Good luck & your kids played hard!
A nice rational post from an opposing fan. Thank you.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
HomeOnTheRange
Buckaroo
Been liked: 2 times

this is so asinine

Vigen is one of the most respected offensive minds in all of college football. He will be a head coach in the next couple years. Wyoming is incredibly lucky to have him

he has an OL that is not capable of protecting his QB...especially against a good defense like Iowa's. It's not his fault there is not much talent along the OL or that some freshman from freaking Torrington WY is starting