Rank the Top 5 UW QBs All Time

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

I lack the historical perspective, so I was curious where you rank Josh Allen & Brett Smith in the all time rankings. I became a fan in the Tiller era so my rankings don't include qb's before that.

5) Brett Smith
4) Casey Bramlet
3) Jay Stoner
2) Josh Wallwork
1) Josh Allen
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

1) Brett Smith
2) Josh Wallwork
3) Randy Welniak
4) Tom Corontzos
5) Casey Bramlet

Josh Allen has played basically one year. He may end up in the top few quarterbacks but he is not there yet (altho he is the most talented). How Jay Stoner makes anyone's list is baffling to me.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

I was pretty young in the Stoner days so I was mostly going off stats. Josh Allen is tricky because of how little he's played, but he blew me away last year.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

1. Dax Crum
2. Karsten Sween
3. Colby Kirkegaard
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

cali2wyo wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:25 am 1. Dax Crum
2. Karsten Sween
3. Colby Kirkegaard
Karsten Sween - the interception throwing machine. Man, I'll never forget how much fun it was to watch him come and and throw a pick 6 to start the game off in a hole to dig out of.

Despite this - he was a standup guy and a great representative of the team.
MinnesotaPoke
Buckaroo

Jay Stoner at #3? Are you kidding me? That was during my time at UW during the dark Koening era. He was not great. Probably not even top 10. Many, many killer INT's. Very weak arm.

1) Josh Wallwork
2) Casey Bramlet
3) Josh Allen (may move up after this eason)
4) Brett Smith
5) Tom Corontzos
6) Corey Bramlet (would be higher if only Cockhill wasn't his OC)
303cowboy
Cowpoke

MinnesotaPoke wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:39 am Jay Stoner at #3? Are you kidding me? That was during my time at UW during the dark Koening era. He was not great. Probably not even top 10. Many, many killer INT's. Very weak arm.

1) Josh Wallwork
2) Casey Bramlet
4) Brett Smith
5) Tom Corontzos
As i mentioned before, Stoner was kind of before my time. Shouldn't have included him. I was looking at all time passing yards this morning so that's why I had him on there. I was more wondering where people had Smith and Allen ranked.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

ACS should be in there somewhere even though he was an a-hole
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Depends how you define "top". My number one is Joe Mastrogiovanni. He started the Pokes to be a passing team. And he kicked field goals, ran, and played secondary defense. He and Jim Crawford WERE the team. And he had a cool, cocky demeanor that you couldn't help but like.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Can't believe no one has Randy Welniak on there.

I can't put Josh Allen on that list after one 8-6 year.

In no particular order:

Welniak
Wallwork
Casey Branlet
Brett Smith
Tom Corontzos (spelling)
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

303cowboy wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:55 am
MinnesotaPoke wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:39 am Jay Stoner at #3? Are you kidding me? That was during my time at UW during the dark Koening era. He was not great. Probably not even top 10. Many, many killer INT's. Very weak arm.

1) Josh Wallwork
2) Casey Bramlet
4) Brett Smith
5) Tom Corontzos
As i mentioned before, Stoner was kind of before my time. Shouldn't have included him. I was looking at all time passing yards this morning so that's why I had him on there. I was more wondering where people had Smith and Allen ranked.
I wouldn't apologize for putting Stoner on the list. He was a great QB for the style of offense Pre-Koening and would have continued to put up great numbers if not for the system change.
I'm good for 3!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

calpoke25 wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:25 pm Can't believe no one has Randy Welniak on there.

I can't put Josh Allen on that list after one 8-6 year.

In no particular order:

Welniak
Wallwork
Casey Branlet
Brett Smith
Tom Corontzos (spelling)
I agree with this.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

5.Casey Bramlet
4. Josh Wallwork
3.Randy Wellniak
2. Brett Smith
1. Josh Allen

there are some that I have faves for but overall this is mine, with Craig Burnett just being off the list, but I always hate that top of all time it should be more top of all eras
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Paul Toscano has to be on this list. Wyoming Hall of Fame quarterback.

http://wyohof.com/?players=paul-toscano
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Casey Bramlet
Brett
Welniak
Wallwork
Allen

Just out
Corey Bramlet
ACS
Toscano
Corontzos

Also a young guys perspective (didn't REALLY care until the Corey Bramlet era) so probably missing some old timers
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Tough call. Through the 2016 Season...my favorites, and not in any specific order:

Phil Davis
Brett Smith
Tom Corontzos
Craig Burnett
Josh Wallwork
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
The Virginian
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:34 pm Casey Bramlet
Brett
Welniak
Wallwork
Allen

Just out
Corey Bramlet
ACS
Toscano
Corontzos

Also a young guys perspective (didn't REALLY care until the Corey Bramlet era) so probably missing some old timers
Paul Toscano is certainly a consideration given that he led the Pokes to a undefeated regular season, a No. 5 finish in the polls, and a berth in the 1968 Sugar Bowl. He's even more remarkable considering that he spent his first three years at UW as a defensive back and was converted to QB his senior year.
This post submitted anonymously by Jeff Fry aka DCPoke
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

The Virginian wrote:
Brett
Welniak
Wallwork
Allen

Just out
Corey Bramlet
ACS
Toscano
Corontzos

Paul Toscano is certainly a consideration given that he led the Pokes to a undefeated regular season, a No. 5 finish in the polls, and a berth in the 1968 Sugar Bowl. He's even more remarkable considering that he spent his first three years at UW as a defensive back and was converted to QB his senior year.
Does this mean we didn't throw the ball much back then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:41 am
The Virginian wrote:
Brett
Welniak
Wallwork
Allen

Just out
Corey Bramlet
ACS
Toscano
Corontzos

Does this mean we didn't throw the ball much back then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toscano played in 10 games, threw the ball 241 times with 134 completions for a 55.6% completion rate. He had an average of 7.1 yards per completion and a total of 1791 yards through the air. He had 18 touchdowns against 10 interceptions, and a quarterback rating of 134.7. He rushed for 124 yards as well. Not nearly as much passing in those days, but even so, Toscano's accomplishments are remarkable, especially for a defensive back who took over the job his senior year.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

I know a lot of people want to put the bramlets in the top 5 because of them being wyoming boys, but they should not crack the top five. Josh Allen, Josh Wallwork, Brett Smith, Randy Welniak, Joe Hughes, Craig Burnett were all better. Casey is probably around 7 or 8, but Corey doesn't crack the top 10. Tom Corontzos, Casey Bramlet, Jay Stoner are in the second 5.