Verbal #14 is in, Javaree Jackson

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

ImageImageImageImage
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Not the fastest dude, but good speed for a DE. Does a really good job of keeping his eyes in the backfield and not overcommitting. Good pickup!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

WYO1016 wrote:Not the fastest dude, but good speed for a DE. Does a really good job of keeping his eyes in the backfield and not overcommitting. Good pickup!
My thoughts, as well. I wonder if he is going to be a DT? He would have excellent speed for an interior linemen and certainly has the frame. He does have a really quick first 2-3 steps. Good looking player for sure. Welcome, Javaree!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

This kid looks really good. A redshirt (extra year with Coach Dennison) will do him wonders. This could be a huge get.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WYO1016 wrote:Not the fastest dude, but good speed for a DE. Does a really good job of keeping his eyes in the backfield and not overcommitting. Good pickup!
I don't know. Just watching those clips, he's got decent top speed when he's chasing smaller guys down from behind toward the sideline. It's "just" his explosiveness that isn't there. That's hopefully something that can be trained...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

It seems like Bohl and staff can develop players. This has been proven given the success of the 2015 class. They have a proven blueprint that works.

I think this kid fits that blueprint to a "T", and will be a productive member of the Wyoming Cowboy football program. No need in trying to devalue him because of his tape....unless of course you're a member of Bohl's staff.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

Has a nice jump shot for a defensive end. I wonder if he wouldn't fit as a tight end.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I like how there isn't a single high-light reel tackle where he doesn't wrap up. He brings the guy down safely on every single play, except where he lets them go when it's out of bounds.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

I think this is a great get! He looks strong already, get him in our system and he will be a beast!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Soft-spoken Wisconsin D-lineman Javaree Jackson makes verbal commitment to Wyoming (trib.com)

"He played everywhere for us on the D-line and it was just great," Wauwatosa West head coach Matt Good said. "I always say definitely a strength was as a pass rusher. He was super fast off the edge all year. He got double-, triple-teamed all year with tight ends and with backs and sometimes a tackle, tight end and a back would go his way and he was still able to make plays.

"Really, he’s a baby right now," Good said. "He’s going to grow and be an absolute beast of a football player in the next several years. He was also a 57-, 58-foot shot putter as a junior. So he’s a remarkable athlete that they’re getting out there.

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... 5c3de.html