Verbal #13 is in, CJ Coldon from Belleville, IL

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Looks like a couple MAC offers and a couple mountain west schools.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

Nice! Looks like CJ is a nice combination of size and speed. Welcome!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

That's BHill's hometown, so you know good talent comes from there!
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Here's a feature from his junior season:

When asked to pick a signature Coldon highlight this season, four people gave different answers for the first 1,000-yard receiver in Althoff history.

“Against Mount Vernon, he came across the middle and caught a slant, just bounced off two kids,” Althoff coach Ken Turner said. “He got hit, a very hard hit by the kid, and he just kept moving. He ended up scoring a 40-yard touchdown. A lot of times when you watch him running, there’s like four or five guys trying to get him down — and he’s still standing.

“He turns into a running back once he catches the ball.”

Althoff senior receiver Tarkus Ferguson recalled the leaping one-handed TD grab Coldon made during a summer scrimmage game against Kokomo, Ind., that left everyone shaking their heads in disbelief.

“It was like an Odell Beckham play,” Ferguson said, referencing the New York Giants receiver who had a signature one-handed TD grab against Dallas last year as a rookie. “We always talk about Odell and I guess he had the feeling to do it so he went up and grabbed it.

“It was unbelievable. I’ve seen him do a lot of one-handed catches, but that one was spectacular.”

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/p ... 08067.html
Last edited by joshvanklomp on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Another from this August:

At 6-feet-2 and 175 pounds, with shiftiness and great speed, Coldon makes an excellent target on offense. His ability to weave between defenders and explode to the rim are what make him so good on the basketball court. It transfers on to the gridiron, where he does most of his damage after the catch.

"I like offense, I like trying to turn a quick pass into a big play," Coldon said. "But I like hitting. I like contact. You can't get in trouble for tackling somebody hard. I'm always ready to play. The coaches can put me anywhere and I'll be all right. I have confidence in myself and confidence in my teammates."

Coldon — CJ comes from Charles Junior — prides himself on his work ethic and setting a good example for his younger brother Charleston.

"He is so dedicated and devoted to his sport," Purham said. "He'll call and say, 'Mom, I'm going to work out.' And I know where he'll be. I trust him and all those boys, even ones he has to play against, go work together. He's a good kid. He never met a stranger. He's playful and helpful."

Coldon routinely adds extra time to his workouts. It's a hobby of his to work on getting faster, stronger, smarter and better.

"It's a blessing to be able to play at a great school like Althoff," Coldon said. "My teammates, my classmates, our fans, the coaches, it's one big family."

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/high-sch ... 739a8.html
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

C.J. Coldon, wide receiver, Althoff (6-2, 175): Division I recruit caught 58 passes for 965 yards and 11 TDs on offense; also had 49 tackles and one interception as a defensive back.

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/p ... 98813.html
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Judging by this, it looks like he'll be on the defensive side. Good size for a CB!
https://twitter.com/ghaugii7/status/808101610970812417
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Coldon received a three-star rating out of five by Rivals.com, and was ranked as the No. 45 recruit in Illinois by maxpreps.com. scout.com ranked him as the No. 5 high school wide receiver in Illinois in the class of 2017, and the No. 16 wide receiver in the Midwest.

As a senior, Coldon caught 58 passes for 965 yards and 11 touchdowns. As a junior had 68 catches for 1,312 yards and 13 touchdowns.

However, UW is looking at Coldon to play cornerback. As a safety, Coldon had 49 tackles as a senior and 77 as a junior.

“(UW football coach Craig Bohl) talked to me about playing on the offensive side, but in my first year he wants me to get cornerback down pat and then the rest will come later. I feel like I can play on both sides, but I’m excited for the challenge to learn how to play corner. I’m a competitive guy, and I felt even before I committed that (UW cornerbacks coach) John Richardson will have me ready for the first game.”

http://www.wyosports.net/university_of_ ... dc66f.html
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I was really excited for him at wide receiver but his athleticism should transfer to the defensive side of the ball as well.

This also tells me the cowboys feel comfortable with the returning wide receiver options because we are losing a lot in that area from this years team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

This pipeline is really cool, and just might keep BH here for his Senior year next year!
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

stymeman wrote:This pipeline is really cool, and just might keep BH here for his Senior year next year!
Avante' Cox is from not far from there as well. My wife grew up near there in Illinois so I keep track of the Southern Illinois kids.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Belleville providing Cowboys another football star (Belleville News)

“The only thing in the state that every one supports is Wyoming football and Wyoming sports in general,” Coldon said. “They just showed a lot of love and theres a lot of good, genuine people out there. It was the atmosphere, the goals I have for myself and the goals the coaches have for the team. It was a good fit for me.

“I feel like I can excel and become a better person and better player at Wyoming.”

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/p ... 08208.html

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN wrote:Belleville providing Cowboys another football star (Belleville News)

“The only thing in the state that every one supports is Wyoming football and Wyoming sports in general,” Coldon said. “They just showed a lot of love and theres a lot of good, genuine people out there. It was the atmosphere, the goals I have for myself and the goals the coaches have for the team. It was a good fit for me.

“I feel like I can excel and become a better person and better player at Wyoming.”

http://www.bnd.com/sports/high-school/p ... 08208.html
This was a comment that stood out to me:

"A lot of times he did great things on the field that were unnoticed to untrained eyes. You might have a really good receiver that only had one or two catches — and that’s because they can’t get of the line with him jamming them."

We like to put our corners on an island, so this is the type of corner we need. And at 6-2, he's going to be a bigger CB than most receivers face.