Any one else worried about conference championship hangover?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

That loss hurt because it was the primary goal of the team and fell just three points short.

Do you guys think the fire will be there for this game? We know byu will be fired up because they have no conference championship and this has been the only game for them to look forward to for over a month.

I would think they will be ready with it being the last game for the seniors who have never played in a postseason game until this season but I am a little worried about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by pokefanchaz7 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I'm worried about a young team that is banged up and doesn't play well (yet) on the road going up against a team with an average age that is closer to an NFL team than a building college team.

No, not an excuse, but that is something that worries me in this game.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think the road issue is a bit of a reflection of fatigue then the fact we were on the road.

Eastern Michigan did not turn out to be a real bad loss, we should have won that game as we were the better team.

Nebraska was great until the wheels fell off in the 4th quarter

The poor games were against unlv and New Mexico. What did those games have in common? Both in the second half of the season where we were fatigued physically and mentally.

Hopefully a few weeks off will help with that fatigue and we play for one more win.

djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Yes. I see a major hangover. I know many guys are ready to go home for Christmas. Laramie is -30, SD is 65. Look at is a vacation win or lose. BYU hasn't played a meaningful game since they lost. This IS their championship game. BYU fans will outnumber Wyo fans in SD 10:1. Watching Twitter, our fans are completely distracted by irrelevant garbage and there is NO football talk. No meaningful dialog and breakdown of the matchups, etc. No talk of the game itself. All about Black 14 protests (which is full of hypocrisy...the same idiots on here wanting to protest were pissed about EMU game), all about jokes and mockery. It is buffoonery at its finest. We are missing the target and I don't want to hear one person whining on here after we get mauled for not being focused.

BYU will dumptruck us if our players are thinking like many of our fans. Then we get to lick our wounds again for another 20 years.

Yay.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

I'm very confident that fans' pre-game rhetoric has very little bearing on a games' outcome.

:rofl: sheesh.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

I was fine by Tuesday.

LOL.

Kidding aside...if a hangover exists, and shows up on the field on 12/21 responsibility lies squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

This is bWHYu's superbowl...this is the only thing they have to play for, each and every season. They will no doubt come out prepared. We better do the same.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
djm19
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:I'm very confident that fans' pre-game rhetoric has very little bearing on a games' outcome.

But the fans will be the ones crying until August, not the players.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I think I won't disagree with our fan focus being on everything except what is going on in between the hashes but I'm sure the players won't have that same focus.

Three keys to this game for the pokes will be establishing the run game, protecting josh Allen and stopping their run game.

If we do that we win this game. I do not think byu is any better then Boise or San Diego state.

djm19
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:I was fine by Tuesday.

LOL.

Kidding aside...if a hangover exists, and shows up on the field on 12/21 responsibility lies squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff.

This is bWHYu's superbowl...this is the only thing they have to play for, each and every season. They will no doubt come out prepared. We better do the same.
Nailed it. Whether they admit it or not, this game is bigger to them (BYU) than what they are trying to come across.

And honestly, for LDS cowboy fans, this is a Superbowl as well.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

djm19 wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:I'm very confident that fans' pre-game rhetoric has very little bearing on a games' outcome.

But the fans will be the ones crying until August, not the players.
For sure but that would happen in the event of a loss regardless of what is said pre-game.

It would be to a much greater extent for the byu crazies if we can manage a W.
wyopoke123
Buckaroo

Pretty sure Not a single player on this team has even sniffed a Bowl Game so no I am not worried about a MWC championship hangover. These kids are gonna be excited, are already re-focused and are ready to take on a team that has a rivalry going with their school.

They know what BYU means to WYO nation. Its a big building block to end the season with a solid bowl win over a solid (hated) team.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

I see it as the UNLV game last year 2015. I thought that Wyo would get killed in that game basically because I thought that none of the players would care anymore (ie hangover.. different kind but you get the point). They came out and got the W. I see this game unfolding much the same way. With a Cowboys win by a touchdown or so.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

If we can't get up to play BYU then there's a REAL problem. No way I see the team not bringing the effort in this game. It would be very sad if they came out flat, but these bowl games are weird with the long weeks off before playing so maybe?? Feel like the Pokes could use a rest and I trust Bohl/staff to be able to prepare for this game. When you saddle up to play BYU as a Cowboy that moment should be enough to carry your energy/motivation on the day.

If this isn't a rivalry game it's something deeper. Hope UW can stick it to them. I agree with the rest of you guys about not scheduling them ever again. They want to force us into bowl games for ratings with them then so be it. Glad to see the MWC still standing after these assholes tried to destroy it. Love that they look down on having to play us in this little bowl since they're sooo much bigger/better then us :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well here we are again............

f-word U BYU :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:
Riding High!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

We kick the crap outta these pretentious wannabes!!!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

pokefanchaz7 wrote:That loss hurt because it was the primary goal of the team and fell just three points short.

Do you guys think the fire will be there for this game? We know byu will be fired up because they have no conference championship and this has been the only game for them to look forward to for over a month.

I would think they will be ready with it being the last game for the seniors who have never played in a postseason game until this season but I am a little worried about it.

I think an argument could be made, the loss motivates them more. There is no doubt inexperience has hurt, and the loss of some key defensive players to injury.

I have a good feeling about this game.