Poinsettia Bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Adv8RU12 wrote:The only worse bowl would have been the blue spud bowl. Qualcomm - big ugly stadium that with even a crowd of 30,000 looks mostly empty. Then there's the opponent. Worst possible. No recruiting value at all playing them. Two year age advantage to go against. And a school with a disrespect of anyone with a religion not theirs (I know - I lived in a Mormon dominated area for eight years)
It's like I don't even know my fellow fans. 1) It's a bowl game, (2) it's in San Diego, (3) it's against those cocksuckers from provo who are a historic rival, and (4) we can win this. Get on board man!
HiCountryCowboy
Ranch Hand

Pretty sure that f-word network had Fresno as the most likely team to win their when they played us in NM. Don't pay attention to them unless the 'Boys are actively on their airwaves. Too much analysis, not enough sports.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Nothing new. We've been underdogs the entire year. Our team and starting lineups are loaded with freshman and sophomores.....not byu freshman and sophomores, but actual freshman and sophomores. But they have risen to the occassion almost every game. This should be no different.

I like our chances. They don't have their 26 year old QB, who was a running threat, for this game. Those are the types of teams that have given us fits all year. Plus it will be warmer and Josh Allen should have a better game.

Pokes by 6.
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

Another reason this game sucks is that some uw fans will continually bash the lds religion rather than the school or their football team (there is plenty to bash!) when currently we are gaining some momentum for some LDS recruits. I know the kids shouldn't be swayed either way because of a fan but you never know.

Also at least we didnt get Air forces bowl game draw. Not on TV against South Alabama. :thumbdown:

All in all i will suck it up and like Hicountrycowboy says get on board. I hope we beat byu senseless! Go pokes!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

rich22 wrote:Another reason this game sucks is that some uw fans will continually bash the lds religion rather than the school or their football team (there is plenty to bash!) when currently we are gaining some momentum for some LDS recruits. I know the kids shouldn't be swayed either way because of a fan but you never know.
This is unfortunately true. No matter what religion you follow, there'll always be people poking fun at your beliefs, but in this case Wyoming fans may indeed shoot themselves in the foot. I want the best players we can get, regardless of religious beliefs (or lack thereof).
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

rich22 wrote:Another reason this game sucks is that some uw fans will continually bash the lds religion rather than the school or their football team (there is plenty to bash!) when currently we are gaining some momentum for some LDS recruits. I know the kids shouldn't be swayed either way because of a fan but you never know.

Also at least we didnt get Air forces bowl game draw. Not on TV against South Alabama. :thumbdown:

All in all i will suck it up and like Hicountrycowboy says get on board. I hope we beat byu senseless! Go pokes!
Hopefully not. But to be clear...what would you consider off limits and what would you consider fair game? Wyoming isn't a religious school by any means...but their fans are big toadsmokers when it comes to their collective attitude of Wyoming. Cougarboard (watch out for their spy network because they are here) is the biggest homer board I've ever seen and the crap they say about Wyoming fuels the hate...some of which spills over unfortunately.
Last edited by JimmyDimes on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Can I jump on board as saying let's leave religious bigotry out of this as not only recruits but many Wyoming fans are also lds and there is no need to alienate those fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Also, we may have comments about BYU's November schedule and record over the past 4 games. But we are also only 1-3 over the last four games.

I, for one, am glad to see we get a chance to beat BYU. That is something that was always part of the most enjoyable seasons for this Pokes fan.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

One of the greatest games ever...1988....Season opener...Thursday Night on ESPN...

Wyoming 24,
The unnamed ones 14.

Nuff said.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

Wyokie wrote:One of the greatest games ever...1988....Season opener...Thursday Night on ESPN...

Wyoming 24,
The unnamed ones 14.

Nuff said.
I have said this before on here but that was my first pokes game to attend. A repeat of that night would be fantastic!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Adv8RU12 wrote:Qualcomm - big ugly stadium that with even a crowd of 30,000 looks mostly empty.
Welcome to a majority of bowls.

I take more issue with the fact that 5 of our 7 bowl tie-ins are in MWC stadiums. This is a complete joke to me. Part of the bowl season should be about going to new locations. Boise and Air Force will be playing in half-empty stadiums too, but at least it's something different from the regular season norm!

Heck, go east to get a bowl tie-in or two. I think Texas could be a nice target area, maybe against C-USA?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
AggieAndee
Buckaroo

Congratulations on your wonderful season. Wyoming's win against Boise State was something to behold. I was cheering for Wyoming to win the MWC after that and was disappointed San Diego got it.

Speaking of the MWC, it's great having USU in this storied league and a lot of fun to play well known programs like Wyoming every year. It's been a game changer for the Aggies compared to what it was like for us before. USU is on the map now in college sports.

I wanted to drop by and say good luck when you go up against BYU. My prediction is Wyoming will beat BYU. The Aggies have beat them several times over the past few years and got them good 2014. Hopefully the Cowboys can get a win and represent our great league.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

My very 1st UW game that I can "remember" was that night game as a student in 1988, man was that fun, under the lights. We should beat BYU imo, sure wish it wasn't on a Wed so I could attend, oh well, GO POKES
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

Taking on the evil empire again eh??? Hate that we have to face them with our defense so banged up. Hope the Pokes play with next level fire because this is one of THOSE games for Pokes fans. This game was always bigger then CSU and Air Force to me, I know I'm not alone when I say that. Beating these assholes is rarely an easy task.
Riding High!!!
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Wyoming are 7 point dogs early on. Same odds as mwc championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
jcase16
Buckaroo

So first of all, I'm a BYU fan. Secondly, thank you to those who have asked to drop the religious comments. There are some pretty derogatory ones out there and I at least appreciate someone asking for it to stop from your side. Trust me when I say I have rarely if ever seen this on a University of Utah fan site or Utah State University site. So again, thank you. There are sooooooo many other things you can make fun of about BYU football, sports in general, fans... All of it lol... I'm from Jersey. BYU was one of the weirdest places I have ever lived. Awesome? Yes. but still super weird.

I really didn't want to play Wyoming in this game. My wife is from Wyoming. We root for Wyoming when not playing BYU and if you guys win, I will NEVER hear the end of it from her dad lol. You could lose every game for the next 10 years and he would still probably respond with "Scoreboard". :D

However this should be a fun game to watch. Our defense and your offense ought to be a battle worth following. It will be interesting to see what happens now that Taysom is down and Mangum is in. It will be interesting to see if Jamaal Williams can stay healthy for the entire game. Our DL has been fairly devastated this year so it will be interesting to see how well you guys run on us. Should be fun. It's been awesome to watch Wyo games and have something positive to chat with my father in law about. Makes it more fun that way. Good luck. Hope it's a great game no matter what the end result is.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

Welcome to the board, jcase! I for one am excited that the Cowboys have a chance to beat the borg into a pulp in San Diego. Should be a very fun game!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

and there's not a rivalry anymore, Yeah right, LOL, just glad we don't have to play each other on a yearly basis anymore, 6-10 years is about right LOL
Joe from WY
Buckaroo

I like the Pokes at about 28-17 or so.