HOW CLOSE IS THIS GAME TO A SELLOUT ...COMMON

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
sqor
Buckaroo

BIGGEST GAME IN THE RECENT HISTORY AND IS NOT SOLD OUT WHAT THE HELL :twisted:
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I see two other threads covering this issue. I can see at least three explanations for why it has not sold out.

1. A culture of losing. The Cowboys have been bad for The better part of the last 10 years. It's hard to invest emotionally and financially to a program when that is the case. It will take consistent winning to see sell outs in games like this.

2. Speaking of financial challenges. It's no mystery that this last year has been brutal to the Wyoming economy. Gas, oil, coal practically every arm of our economy has been pinched and that means people do not have as much expendable income that previous years have brought. It is a big sacrifice to travel from three corners of Wyoming to go to games.

3. Television is hurting attendance all over the country. Money comes from tv but greater access to games means more people can watch on television.

I keep hoping that locals will turn out in droves but it's likely going to be 22-23 thousand people at the game which is still reasonable for where we are as a program

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
sqor
Buckaroo

I see bad news then...... it just seems like this game should be crazy standing room only
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

according to Burman last night needed about 4500 walkup and sales yet to go so almost 30000 to sell it out, my guess is it'll be around 27,000
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I would take 27000 happily as that would be just 2000ish shy of a sell out
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I also think it will be near 27K, I am predicting more people in the student area than AFA with the parents for parents weekend, more students, and their friends etc
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

iş hunting season a problem for attendence?
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

lakesbison wrote:iş hunting season a problem for attendence?
Does a cat have an ass?
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

I think it is also band day. I doubt the people in all those high school bands aren't accounted for on the ticket site. Just a guess.

28,000 is my guess. Most sections are almost sold out.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:I think it is also band day. I doubt the people in all those high school bands aren't accounted for on the ticket site. Just a guess.

AFA finished at 27 K. Right now, this game is trailing the AFA game by about 3-4 K empty seats. Unless there's a huge walk-up, we're looking at attendance around 23-24 K.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 595 times
Been liked: 238 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:I think it is also band day. I doubt the people in all those high school bands aren't accounted for on the ticket site. Just a guess.

AFA finished at 27 K. Right now, this game is trailing the AFA game by about 3-4 K empty seats. Unless there's a huge walk-up, we're looking at attendance around 23-24 K.
No I just counted the tickets remaining and I estimate about 3,700 remain. Crowd will be ~27k
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:

No I just counted the tickets remaining and I estimate about 3,700 remain. Crowd will be ~27k
Well, then you counted wrong. Almost every section was sold out for AFA, with the exception of the corners. It was like that by Thursday. I just played this game two weeks ago and my prediction was exactly right. Here's my estimate the morning of the AFA game. It's almost exactly right.....

"It looks like we're at about 27,000 depending on the walk up. We'll see if the AFA brings more than the people that pre-purchased tickets. It doesn't look like it will sell-out, but it will be damn close."

I'm not making that up. Almost the entire stadium was sold out for AFA, and according to the interactive ticket map RIGHT NOW, there are about 4 K more empty seats than there were for AFA.

That's the same thing Burman and McKinney said on the Sports Zone this week. We're not going to sell out and unless there's a huge walk up, we're going to trail the AFA game attendance by about 4 K.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:

I don't know....somone above posted that we need to sale 4,500. That is today and tomorrow. People might be waiting to see what the forecast is. And, the bands usually fill up an entire section. They will probably be given what is left.

Most of the upper east side is sold out. Aside from the corners...only a row or two remain in each section.

Sticking with 28K.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Forecast is sunny, but 20-30mph winds.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

JimmyDimes wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:

I don't know....somone above posted that we need to sale 4,500. That is today and tomorrow. People might be waiting to see what the forecast is. And, the bands usually fill up an entire section. They will probably be given what is left.

Most of the upper east side is sold out. Aside from the corners...only a row or two remain in each section.

Sticking with 28K.
The bands are sitting in the Southwest upper corner, and that sectioned has been greyed out all week.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Cowboy Junky wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:

Well, then you counted wrong. Almost every section was sold out for AFA, with the exception of the corners. It was like that by Thursday. I just played this game two weeks ago and my prediction was exactly right. Here's my estimate the morning of the AFA game. It's almost exactly right.....

"It looks like we're at about 27,000 depending on the walk up. We'll see if the AFA brings more than the people that pre-purchased tickets. It doesn't look like it will sell-out, but it will be damn close."

I'm not making that up. Almost the entire stadium was sold out for AFA, and according to the interactive ticket map RIGHT NOW, there are about 4 K more empty seats than there were for AFA.

That's the same thing Burman and McKinney said on the Sports Zone this week. We're not going to sell out and unless there's a huge walk up, we're going to trail the AFA game attendance by about 4 K.
No, I did not miscount. 3,700 is a conservative estimate of tickets left. On the upper east side there's about 1,000 tickets left if that helps you develop as estimate. Not sure where you're getting that 4k number.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:

No, I did not miscount. 3,700 is a conservative estimate of tickets left. On the upper east side there's about 1,000 tickets left if that helps you develop as estimate. Not sure where you're getting that 4k number.
Then you're not accounting for the smaller capacity of the War when you made your new estimate. The War only seats 29K now. The AFA game had a little less than 27 K. Almost the entire stadium was greyed out the day before kick-off.

You're f'ing something up with your count. I predicted the AFA game almost exactly right, and I'm telling you that there are 4 K more seats available for this game than there we're for AFA, the same thing McKinney and Burman said in radio interviews this week, and the same thing the interactive map shows right now.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Cowboy Junky wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:

Then you're not accounting for the smaller capacity of the War when you made your new estimate. The War only seats 29K now. The AFA game had a little less than 27 K. Almost the entire stadium was greyed out the day before kick-off.

You're f'ing something up with your count. I predicted the AFA game almost exactly right, and I'm telling you that there are 4 K more seats available for this game than there we're for AFA, the same thing McKinney and Burman said in radio interviews this week, and the same thing the interactive map shows right now.
Ha ha. OK. Agree to disagree. I paid close attention to the interactive map AFA week, too. Burman said we'd need 4k walk up to sell out. OK. If we get our usual 1.5k (maybe a little better this week) walk-up that puts us at right at upper 26k, almost 27k.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

None of this accounts for student section, which that section can more than make up for where sales lack. I expect that area to more crowded than the AFA game
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Here is something for comparison.
https://twitter.com/wyo_tickets/status/ ... 8135646208 Our current situation has 8 sold out sections and 10 more that are very close. Follow the link below to see that

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... =FBIT&cgc=